Why do they care?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Why do they care?
Some proselytizing theists seem to get all worked up about other people's non-belief.
How come?

I don't give a flying fig what anybody else believes or doesn't believe, as long as they don't harm others and stay out of my business. I don't harm others, and stay out of their business, and yet my unbelief seems to irk, annoy, enrage, discomfit and bother the preachers.

It's not altruism; it's not about saving my soul. I know christians who do care about lost and strayed souls, pagan and heathen - they also care for the bodies and minds of those people. They go out to war zones and earthquakes to help people. They support slum clinics and soup kitchens, mission hospitals and orphanages; they deliver food and medicine and comfort wherever it's needed, as well as their good news. I understand and respect that kind of christian.

I'm talking about the kind of xtian who opposes family services and welfare, while spreading their version of religion. The confrontational, abrasive, abusive preachers.
Why do they?

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2012, 09:37 AM
RE: Why do they care?
I'm just throwing this out there.... Is it because their jerks?
I mean that seriously. Some people are just jerks. Every group has em. Unfortunately the jerks are often the most vocal and due to their jerky nature tend to make a lot of progress by bullying others ino submission.
Atheists have their jerks and sadly our jerks are also typically wicked smart too so I end up listening to them talk. Theist jerks I have found usually run the other direction on the old intelligence scale, which makes the debates between our jerks an their jerks a sad affair.
Jerks is the answer me thinks.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Projection of their doubts on to nonbelievers,
in their mentality if they can make you believe they can believe.
this is a possibility.
another possibility is the arrogance attached to the holy books [of muslims, Xtians and Jews]
You are the people chosen by god now go spread the word and stop those who deny it.
Their religions also require them to alter the law of the land to fit scripture, banning of homosexuality
banning of abortion and all aspects of theocracy to be put in play, these extreme believers
think they have a divine warrant to control other people, god complex much?
ofcourse many social, economical and psychological factors come to play so its
difficult to narrow it down to a single cause.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
09-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Verification of self-identity. In a sense, they're all operating under the same delusion. I feel no need to respect the Christian who does good works under the compulsion of a deity; such only verifies the Christian identity and not the human one. I've had people come over my house and go - thank you Gwynnie! Isn't that silly?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Some Christians are under the assumption that God needs them.

We are ordered to share the gospel, but we are also ordered to live as examples in Christ. Christ never forced Himself on the unbelievers.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
09-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Don't take it too personally. They really have no choice in the matter if they are True Believers.

Jesus demands they spread the Good News and if they deny him before people, then Jesus will deny them before God at the Judgement Day. Pretty good Sales Motivation if you ask me.

Quote:Matthew 28:16-20

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Great Commission
16 But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. 18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 [a]Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you [b]always, even to the end of the age.”

Matthew 10:33
But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-01-2012, 10:13 AM
(09-01-2012 10:11 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Don't take it too personally. They really have no choice in the matter if they are True Believers.

Jesus demands they spread the Good News and if they deny him before people, then Jesus will deny them before God at the Judgement Day. Pretty good Sales Motivation if you ask me.

The Great Commission
16 But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated. 17 When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. 18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 [a]Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you [b]always, even to the end of the age.”

But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

Denying Christ =/= not proselytizing

09-01-2012, 10:17 AM
(09-01-2012 10:13 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:11 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Don't take it too personally. They really have no choice in the matter if they are True Believers.

The Great Commission

Denying to proselytize = denying the Great Commission = denying Christ.

And thanks for making me = like AbdelZ. Jackwagon = KC. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-01-2012, 10:19 AM
(09-01-2012 10:17 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

The Great Commission

And thanks for making me = like AbdelZ. Jackwagon = KC.

Really = going = to = have = to = disagree = with = you = on = this = one.

09-01-2012, 10:19 AM
(09-01-2012 10:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:17 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

The Great Commission

And thanks for making me = like AbdelZ. Jackwagon = KC.

Really = going = to = have = to = disagree = with = you = on = this = one.

Kingschosen = Backslidden

~Izel