Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2012, 10:21 AM
RE: Why do they care?
(09-01-2012 10:19 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:17 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:13 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:11 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Don't take it too personally. They really have no choice in the matter if they are True Believers.

Jesus demands they spread the Good News and if they deny him before people, then Jesus will deny them before God at the Judgement Day. Pretty good Sales Motivation if you ask me.

Denying Christ =/= not proselytizing

Denying to proselytize = denying the Great Commission = denying Christ.

And thanks for making me = like AbdelZ. Jackwagon = KC.

Really = going = to = have = to = disagree = with = you = on = this = one.

Kingschosen = Backslidden

Am =/= I = going + to - be / spit = out?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2012, 10:23 AM
(09-01-2012 10:21 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:17 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:13 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Denying Christ =/= not proselytizing

Denying to proselytize = denying the Great Commission = denying Christ.

I would just like a better answer than "Nu uh".

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
09-01-2012, 10:30 AM
(09-01-2012 10:23 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:17 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Denying to proselytize = denying the Great Commission = denying Christ.

You and I are like the master derailers.

Anyhoo, not proselytizing isn't the same as denying Christ. Now, if you are in a conversation with someone and they ask you about your beliefs and you deny you're a Christian (when you are - like Peter), then that's denying Christ.

I don't go around telling everyone that I know that they need to become a Christian. Christ didn't do that either. When He preached, people came to Him; other than that He was a teacher that taught a small group of people.

Christ never forced people to listen to Him, and He never sought out unbelievers to hit them over the head with His beliefs. We are to do the same as Christ. Christ developed relationships with unbelievers first, and then He talked to them. This didn't come about by Him going around being in people's faces; this came about in everyday life.

If my beliefs come up, I will gladly share what I believe, but I will not force my beliefs on anyone. It is my job to share what I believe, it isn't my job to change what anyone believes - that's for God to do.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
09-01-2012, 10:32 AM

(09-01-2012 10:19 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Kingschosen = Backslidden

Now THAT is FUNNNNNNNNY!

Made me laugh = belly jiggle santa sound.

For as terrible as AbdelZ was (AbdelZ = The Great Satan), his punctuation oddities are gonna make this forum more fun. Fun = jokes at a moron's expense!

Denicio
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
09-01-2012, 10:34 AM
(09-01-2012 10:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:23 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(09-01-2012 10:19 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Really = going = to = have = to = disagree = with = you = on = this = one.

You and I are like the master derailers.

Anyhoo, not proselytizing isn't the same as denying Christ. Now, if you are in a conversation with someone and they ask you about your beliefs and you deny you're a Christian (when you are - like Peter), then that's denying Christ.

I don't go around telling everyone that I know that they need to become a Christian. Christ didn't do that either. When He preached, people came to Him; other than that He was a teacher that taught a small group of people.

Christ never forced people to listen to Him, and He never sought out unbelievers to hit them over the head with His beliefs. We are to do the same as Christ. Christ developed relationships with unbelievers first, and then He talked to them. This didn't come about by Him going around being in people's faces; this came about in everyday life.

If my beliefs come up, I will gladly share what I believe, but I will not force my beliefs on anyone. It is my job to share what I believe, it isn't my job to change what anyone believes - that's for God to do.
= A better answer =/= Correct. Big Grin
But...Jesus did go to the unbelievers and uninvited. Did the woman at the well want to talk to him? He also sent out his disciples and told them to go everywhere and teach his message. If it wasn't received, they were to shake the dust off their sandals (a cultural insult) and move on to the next place. Not sure how you don't get that part as being a command to proselytize.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
10-01-2012, 12:32 AM
I think it comes down to this - If I believe X and you don't, then you must think I'm stupid or maybe you think I'm a liar ? Do you think you know better than me ? Do you think I'm crazy ?
Since you don't believe what I believe, then clearly there must be something wrong with you, because there are billions of people that see the GLORY of god, so we must be right.
And if you're not WITH god, then you are working against him and we all know who does that....yep, the devil. You say you don't do the devils work, but if you ain't with us, then you must be against us.

^simple minds think in simple terms^

And on a different level, if you're not putting your money into the church, the church will find a way to make everyone else see you as the heathen, non-believer, anti-christ.
So, pay up and pray up or the mafia boss will send someone to break your legs.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
10-01-2012, 08:11 AM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2012 08:15 AM by Peterkin.)
It's not that the preaching is unsolicited that i'm wondering about. Of course a missionary must go where he's not invited - but feels he's needed.
What i wondered about was the belligerence, which is obviously not going to win over anybody. That's not about converting or saving souls; that's about making enemies.

So, they're angry because i think they're stupid and wrong?
It doesn't bother me that they think i'm stupid and wrong.
Therefore, they must be less confident in their own judgement than i am in mine.
Pitiful.... and dangerous.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
10-01-2012, 09:53 AM
(10-01-2012 08:11 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  It's not that the preaching is unsolicited that i'm wondering about. Of course a missionary must go where he's not invited - but feels he's needed.
What i wondered about was the belligerence, which is obviously not going to win over anybody. That's not about converting or saving souls; that's about making enemies.

Therefore, they must be less confident in their own judgement than i am in mine.

As the late, great Emily Litella would say: [Image: 6a00d8341bf80c53ef015390e305b6970b-320wi.jpg]

I came from a long line of loving missionaries, so I don't know the psyche of the psychos as much. Pastor Erxomai used to conjecture they were just mentally imbalanced...as if that wasn't the pot calling the kettle black. Now, to add to the mental imbalance, I conjecture they have a fierce need to be right, and if there is the slightest crack in their armor, their whole worldview might fall apart. With that certainty, it clears the way to talk to anyone anywhere because the more they talk, the more they have a chance to prove to you that they are right. You don't have to agree that they're right, they know they're correct by virtue of opening their mouths. In their fervent enthusiasm, they come across as belligerent, and well, Egorish, to be quite frank.

My speculations based upon observations whilst living with the enemy.

~Izel
10-01-2012, 10:07 AM

(10-01-2012 09:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(10-01-2012 08:11 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  It's not that the preaching is unsolicited that i'm wondering about. Of course a missionary must go where he's not invited - but feels he's needed.

As the late, great Emily Litella would say: [Image: 6a00d8341bf80c53ef015390e305b6970b-320wi.jpg]

I came from a long line of loving missionaries, so I don't know the psyche of the psychos as much. Pastor Erxomai used to conjecture they were just mentally imbalanced...as if that wasn't the pot calling the kettle black. Now, to add to the mental imbalance, I conjecture they have a fierce need to be right, and if there is the slightest crack in their armor, their whole worldview might fall apart. With that certainty, it clears the way to talk to anyone anywhere because the more they talk, the more they have a chance to prove to you that they are right. You don't have to agree that they're right, they know they're correct by virtue of opening their mouths. In their fervent enthusiasm, they come across as belligerent, and well, Egorish, to be quite frank.

My speculations based upon observations whilst living with the enemy.

I'm old enough to get the Gilda reference and laugh out loud at it...and can HEAR that voice she used!

What a funny funny gal.......
sorry for hijacking the thread.
D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
(10-01-2012 09:53 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I came from a long line of loving missionaries, so I don't know the psyche of the psychos as much.

Someone ring for a psychopath? Think about the moral implications of self as the undiscovered country. It is my experience that people become most vociferous when expounding on elements of their own character which they choose to repress. I'm not a theological superstar; scripture clearly states that Satan is of the earth, and Adam is made form earth. It's simple math, 1,2,3; that those who deny Satan within are those who speak loudest about Satan without.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user