Why do they feel entitled?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2018, 12:29 PM
RE: Why do they feel entitled?
(29-05-2018 10:44 AM)Happy Skeptic Wrote:  
(28-05-2018 12:55 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I wrote what I think already so I only say that I see absolutely no reason for which cranks, fools, neo nazi scum or other idiots should be given venue to spread their poison.

Fool not allowed to speak in University is being "discriminated" against in the same way as shitty actor not being allowed to play in masterpiece.

The correct analogy would be the theater department inviting a guest actor for a play, and a group protests him being there, claiming he is a shitty actor.

Who's opinion wins? Why not just see the play, or not, as per your own inclination. If you feel compelled to let the world know about the person's bad acting, do so -- just don't chant during the play, beat up the audience, or threaten the university because you feel your views are the only valid ones.

There can be objective criterion for hate speech, but more often than not, I see claims of hate used as a tool to shut up any opinion that is offensive to someone. Offense does not trump freedom of speech.

Idiocy does not deserve audience nor it have right to it.

I already said my piece so I don't see much sense in repeating my words.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2018, 01:26 PM
(29-05-2018 12:29 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  ... Idiocy does not deserve audience nor it have right to it ...

Except that in human parlance "idiocy" means "whatever I don't agree with".
29-05-2018, 01:34 PM
(29-05-2018 01:26 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(29-05-2018 12:29 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  ... Idiocy does not deserve audience nor it have right to it ...

Except that in human parlance "idiocy" means "whatever I don't agree with".

Does it? Or perhaps idiocy could mean things like Holocaust denial, creationism or gender studies controversy*?

There is no place for fools spewing such shit in Universities just as there is no no place for bad actors at National Theatre stage.

*Poland specific issue where gender studies were demeed by right wing as equivalent to marxism-leninism.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post