Why do they keep doing it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-08-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: Why do they keep doing it?
(07-08-2013 11:01 PM)BryanS Wrote:  It's kind of like SPAM. Low return on investment, but at a low cost. If you have mindless zombies willing to volunteer knocking on doors, then it's not a big cost to keep doing it. If you knock on a hundred doors, you're bound to find a person or two who is vulnerable to fairy tails due to their life circumstances.
This is very true. It seems to me that every case of someone coming into the "truth" from the door-to-door work were in a very low time of their lives. Like a child or spouse died, and they asked God for a sign. Cue JWs and their promise of a resurrection.

Despite that when I look around my local JW congregations (There are 3) I think I can safely say that in the last 10 years there has been maaaaybe 4 people join due to the preaching work. The majority of newly baptized ones were people who were born as raised as JWs.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Yvette's post
08-08-2013, 03:14 AM
Because they are desperate for converts in their broken, declining faith.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
08-08-2013, 03:25 AM
Its a good business move apparently. In Salt Lake City companies never have problems finding staff who speak a particular language because there are so many people who have been sent around the world for a couple of years and it gives them an edge over other parts of the country.