"Why do they reject the Lord?" (answer: because of Facebook and iPods)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 02:26 PM
"Why do they reject the Lord?" (answer: because of Facebook and iPods)
Been stalking my "favorite" Christian forum again and found this tread post titled "Why do they reject the Lord?". The following are the only two post so far. I just find them amusing in their simplicity.

Original Poster: "Well…when I was younger I had a circle of friends I knew in town and out of town…we all liked the same kind of music genre and so everybody knew everybody.We went to clubs,concerts etc…I even had some dear friends in other countries.
When I was saved back in the 90′s everyone thought I had lost my mind…I dont see these friends too much anymore but there are a few that are still doing the same things,partying and worshipping the music we did back then.My heart hurts for them….out of this whole group of people maybe 2 had become saved.(me and my ex husband)…
So,I just dont understand why so few find the Lord?I have one particular friend I have been praying for ….for years and years.However I can see from his social networking sites that he is anti-Christian and hostile towards anything having to do with Jesus.
Why do so many people reject the good news of Jesus?Please help me with this!~"

Unfortuantly she asked other theist a question meant for an atheist. But here is what the theist replied. Tell me if you think it's accurate?"Sis, afraid the answer to that question is because for one, they love their sins and this world more than they love God. Secondly, with today’s electronic age….soooooo many have their eyes glued to their facebook, twitter and whatever else satan uses to distract them from even hearing the Lord calling for them too “Come…”
It is so very sad and i know my youngest son had his ipod in one hand and his cell phone in the other, the ENTIRE time he was here for college break. Seriously, i would be talking to him and he would get so very frustrated at me, only because i was drawing his attention away from his “online friends”.
So yeah….many are distracted and satan loves that! Praying many wake up and SOON!
((Hugs to you sis))"

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2014, 02:30 PM
RE: "Why do they reject the Lord?" (answer: because of Facebook and iPods)
Who knew that electronics (like the computer she sent that bullshit message on) were distractions from the devil. I stay away from Christian websites to avoid having to talk in circles, but this makes me want to go check them out and piss a few people off. Putting that on my list of things to do on a rainy day.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
[+] 1 user Likes kellyrm's post
29-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Anything that they dont understand and dislike is "the devil", and anything they like and dont understand is "god"....... fucking simpletons. Dodgy
[+] 8 users Like War Horse's post
29-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Well, scratch that idea. I went to one and the last 4 hours in the forum was just a bunch of lonely old women talking about the weather. Guess there's not much to talk about when your sole purpose for living is bullshit...they might talk themselves into the truth.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
29-01-2014, 02:40 PM
(29-01-2014 02:30 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  Who knew that electronics (like the computer she sent that bullshit message on) were distractions from the devil. I stay away from Christian websites to avoid having to talk in circles, but this makes me want to go check them out and piss a few people off. Putting that on my list of things to do on a rainy day.

I don't go "on" it. I just spy on it. It would be pointless to register there because the do not allow any decent. If anyone, even believers, dissagree with the moderators or the basic premiss of the site (rapture, end-times stuff) then they are kicked off. There is no debate allowed. Just a bunch of people talking about how amazing "God" is, how they can't wait to be married to Jesus in heaven (I shit you not, they say this), and when and how the end of the world is happening right now.

They even have this as their disclaimer in big letters at the top of the screen:
This is a Pre-Tribulation Rapture forum, and all are welcome who share their love for our Beloved’s return as He promised. There is no debating on this forum about the rapture or denominational issues. We are here for one another in friendship, love, and prayer as we watch together for Jesus’ soon return.

They made a bubble for themselves, and they defend it, or at least the moderators do by simply deleting anyone who writes anything they don't like, the second they write it. I just spy on them because they say the most batshit insane things I've ever heard any Christians say. Far worse than any of the batshit insane things any theist has ever said on this forum, for sure!

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
29-01-2014, 02:40 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2014 02:46 PM by Crulax.)
(29-01-2014 02:37 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Anything that they dont understand and dislike is "the devil", and anything they like and dont understand is "god"....... fucking simpletons. Dodgy

Yes

[Image: tumblr_ma9l19LceS1ro6j75.jpg]

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 5 users Like Crulax's post
29-01-2014, 02:42 PM
(29-01-2014 02:40 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 02:30 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  Who knew that electronics (like the computer she sent that bullshit message on) were distractions from the devil. I stay away from Christian websites to avoid having to talk in circles, but this makes me want to go check them out and piss a few people off. Putting that on my list of things to do on a rainy day.

I don't go "on" it. I just spy on it. It would be pointless to register there because the do not allow any decent. If anyone, even believers, dissagree with the moderators or the basic premiss of the site (rapture, end-times stuff) then they are kicked off. There is no debate allowed. Just a bunch of people talking about how amazing "God" is, how they can't wait to be married to Jesus in heaven (I shit you not, they say this), and when and how the end of the world is happening right now.

They even have this as their disclaimer in big letters at the top of the screen:
This is a Pre-Tribulation Rapture forum, and all are welcome who share their love for our Beloved’s return as He promised. There is no debating on this forum about the rapture or denominational issues. We are here for one another in friendship, love, and prayer as we watch together for Jesus’ soon return.

They made a bubble for themselves, and they defend it. I just spy on them because they say the most batshit insane things I've ever heard any Christians say. Far worse than any of the batshit insane things any theist has ever said on this forum, for sure!

Eww...reminds me of my mother in law. Ignorance is bliss I suppose, but that's sad.

29-01-2014, 02:44 PM
The theist who replied sounds like she could be a cool babe. Hope she wakes up soon.
29-01-2014, 02:51 PM
I rejected God for my Cowon C2 and it seems I got the better part of the deal.

Using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes Phil Hill's post
29-01-2014, 02:53 PM
(29-01-2014 02:51 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  I rejected God for my Cowon C2 and it seems I got the better part of the deal.

I lost my soul in ill conceived air hockey wager with my best friend!Evil_monster

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]