"Why do they reject the Lord?" (answer: because of Facebook and iPods)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2014, 04:09 PM
RE: "Why do they reject the Lord?" (answer: because of Facebook and iPods)
(29-01-2014 02:40 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  They even have this as their disclaimer in big letters at the top of the screen:
This is a Pre-Tribulation Rapture forum, and all are welcome who share their love for our Beloved’s return as He promised. There is no debating on this forum about the rapture or denominational issues. We are here for one another in friendship, love, and prayer as we watch together for Jesus’ soon return.

They made a bubble for themselves, and they defend it, or at least the moderators do by simply deleting anyone who writes anything they don't like, the second they write it. I just spy on them because they say the most batshit insane things I've ever heard any Christians say. Far worse than any of the batshit insane things any theist has ever said on this forum, for sure!

I hate sites that do this. Before I came here, I spent a month at a Christian forum that supposedly allowed non-believers (I got a big red 'non-believer' tag under my user name and was limited to about 10% of the sub boards). I read the ToS and followed it much more closely than their regular members. After a month, the mods started getting creative in how they interpreted the ToS so they could get rid of me.

That should say a lot about your world view if you can't deal with people questioning it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
29-01-2014, 04:10 PM
wow...just wow. They put the scarlet letter on you lmao. But of course, they're too righteous to judge people and love everybody, right?

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
[+] 1 user Likes kellyrm's post
29-01-2014, 04:47 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2014 04:52 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
As long as I'm on this topic, here is the latest update from their thread about why they believe we "reject" "God".

[note: These are three new post, by three different people. Not one post split up three ways.]

"Yes Robin very true…hugs to you Sis!They love their sins more than God.Very simple."
That's it, very simple. We all just "love sin" sooooo much more than we love "God". This lady totes figured us out. So simple...
No more thinking here...simply move along...

"Conversely, we might ask why there are any at all who receive the Lord, given the hold sin has upon the human race. God calls and few are willing to heed the call. If it were not for His amazing grace, I would be in the same wretched condition. But the Lord has his remnant in every generation who have been set aside to be drawn to Christ and believe. I cannot understand why others don’t see their need for salvation, and I am sure they don’t understand why I believe as I do."
I would like to point out that this jackhole called us wretched. Plus this very tired, worn out motif that there are only very few Christians that some how manage to survive in a world surrounded by non believers. It's actually the reverse.

"KeymasterI have some friends that I have been praying for. Some are atheists and some claim they are going to heaven based on good works. I don’t know which one is worse ~ believing in no God or believing that you can get to heaven on your own merit. They are both horrible and lead to a horrible place.

I have been discussing my beliefs openly with a few atheists right now, and they really dislike Christians because they have had the experience of Christians delighting in them going to hell. I have tried to bring the truth of God, while at the same time telling them they are loved by God and by me. They are a little surprised at this! I told my dear atheist friend that I am sorry he does not believe how much God loves him and how truly precious he is. He has not argued with me since, but treats me with great respect! So we as Christians should do as Jesus did ~ love them! How many did Jesus reach by showing He loved them and that they worth something?

Most atheists come across as arrogant, yet inside I believe they feel worthless, because that is what atheism teaches them: they die and no longer exist, so they are worthless. My friend told me that Christians are arrogant because we think we are too important to no longer exist after death. I believe it is the other way around. Atheists are told they are not important and so they continue to live with this lie. Oh, it makes me want to cry!

Don’t give up on those unbelievers! If you think they will never come to Christ, just continue to pray for them, and please remember to show them Christ’s love! They need it so badly!"

Awe...very sneaky. Just pretend you're not an asshole who makes up what you want about what we "believe" and you can trick us into believing in talking snakes and invisible men.
But it is interesting that this person had to learn that if you not a dick to someone they will actually be nice to you. At least that's a step in the right direction. If only all Christians could learn that, but preferably meaning without an ulterior motive.

29-01-2014, 04:52 PM
(29-01-2014 04:47 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  As long as I'm on this topic, here is the latest update from their thread about why they believe we "reject" "God".

[note: These are three new post, by three different people. Not one post split up three ways.]

"Yes Robin very true…hugs to you Sis!They love their sins more than God.Very simple."
That's it, very simple. We all just "love sin" sooooo much more than we love "God". This lady totes figured us out. So simple...
No more thinking here...simply move along...

"Conversely, we might ask why there are any at all who receive the Lord, given the hold sin has upon the human race. God calls and few are willing to heed the call. If it were not for His amazing grace, I would be in the same wretched condition. But the Lord has his remnant in every generation who have been set aside to be drawn to Christ and believe. I cannot understand why others don’t see their need for salvation, and I am sure they don’t understand why I believe as I do."
I would like to point out that this jackhole called us wretched.

"KeymasterI have some friends that I have been praying for. Some are atheists and some claim they are going to heaven based on good works. I don’t know which one is worse ~ believing in no God or believing that you can get to heaven on your own merit. They are both horrible and lead to a horrible place.

I have been discussing my beliefs openly with a few atheists right now, and they really dislike Christians because they have had the experience of Christians delighting in them going to hell. I have tried to bring the truth of God, while at the same time telling them they are loved by God and by me. They are a little surprised at this! I told my dear atheist friend that I am sorry he does not believe how much God loves him and how truly precious he is. He has not argued with me since, but treats me with great respect! So we as Christians should do as Jesus did ~ love them! How many did Jesus reach by showing He loved them and that they worth something?

Most atheists come across as arrogant, yet inside I believe they feel worthless, because that is what atheism teaches them: they die and no longer exist, so they are worthless. My friend told me that Christians are arrogant because we think we are too important to no longer exist after death. I believe it is the other way around. Atheists are told they are not important and so they continue to live with this lie. Oh, it makes me want to cry!

Don’t give up on those unbelievers! If you think they will never come to Christ, just continue to pray for them, and please remember to show them Christ’s love! They need it so badly!"

Awe...very sneaky. Just pretend you're not an asshole who makes up what you want about what we "believe" and you can trick us into believing in talking snakes and invisible men.
But it is interesting that this person had to learn that if you not a dick to someone they will actually be nice to you. At least that's a step in the right direction. If only all Christians could learn that, but preferably meaning without an ulterior motive.

Everything about that makes me want to shake the shit out of them! I won't deny that I'm arrogant...I'm probably the cockiest, smart ass, feminist pain in the ass you'll ever meet...but it's NOT because I'm atheist...it's because I think I'm wonderful and fuck anybody who doesn't agree Tongue Now does that sound like a worthless, wretched person to you? Cool In all seriousness, reading what these delusional fools think of atheists makes me cringe..not because of what they said, but because I know there are so many people in the world that agree with that bullshit.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
29-01-2014, 05:13 PM
I guess I'll just keep updating this. Two new replies.

"Beats me! Jesus is nothing but Good News! I really don’t understand why they can’t see something so blindingly obvious…"
Good point. It's so blindingly obvious. I just didn't get it before, but now it make sense. If only some Christian said a long time ago, "It's so blindingly obvious", then I would have converted years ago! Such a great point.

"W & W!! Many do have that arrogance to them and believe their “works” or their own “self righteousness” will save them. Not saying they’re not saved, but they’ve yet to come into the full knowledge of the pureness of God’s grace and love. You’re so right, we need to show them CHRIST and in some ways, stop preaching too them and just begin loving them like Jesus would want us too.

Blessings~"

I've never understood how being a genuinly good person, regardless of a hope for a reward for doing so, is supposed to be less good than not really worrying how good of a person you are, and just believing that there exist a person who will let you keep living after you die. And why is it self righteous to be a good person.

29-01-2014, 05:20 PM
(29-01-2014 05:13 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I guess I'll just keep updating this. Two new replies.

"Beats me! Jesus is nothing but Good News! I really don’t understand why they can’t see something so blindingly obvious…"
Good point. It's so blindingly obvious. I just didn't get it before, but now it make sense. If only some Christian said a long time ago, "It's so blindingly obvious", then I would have converted years ago! Such a great point.

"W & W!! Many do have that arrogance to them and believe their “works” or their own “self righteousness” will save them. Not saying they’re not saved, but they’ve yet to come into the full knowledge of the pureness of God’s grace and love. You’re so right, we need to show them CHRIST and in some ways, stop preaching too them and just begin loving them like Jesus would want us too.

Blessings~"

I've never understood how being a genuinly good person, regardless of a hope for a reward for doing so, is supposed to be less good than not really worrying how good of a person you are, and just believing that there exist a person who will let you keep living after you die. And why is it self righteous to be a good person.

My kids are good when they expect rewards as well~it's called positive reinforcement. The difference being, they'll be alive to enjoy their reward instead of expecting it after they die

29-01-2014, 05:29 PM
[Image: tumblr_lki01159vo1qe0xsq.jpg]
29-01-2014, 05:38 PM (This post was last modified: 29-01-2014 05:53 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
(29-01-2014 05:20 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  My kids are good when they expect rewards as well~it's called positive reinforcement. The difference being, they'll be alive to enjoy their reward instead of expecting it after they die

That's the thing about these rapture-nut types, they are more a cult of death than they are Christians. They are more concerned about the time that exist after their death, than they are with their own lives, and the short time they get to enjoy it. And it’s not really about their love of Jesus. They talk more about getting to go to heaven than they do anything about Jesus. It seems at time like they just tack on the Jesus stuff because they know that's what they need to do to get to heaven, but they could care less.

And they care more about dying than they do about living because they can’t wait to die. They don’t put it that way. They talk about not being able to wait for the end of the world, or the rapture, or until they are in heaven, but what is that other than death? They want this life to be over already, that’s what seems more important to them. Other Christians at least do focus on this life more or less than others do. But these rapture-nuts worship their death and cannot wait for it to happen.

And they convince themselves that life, here and now, on the earth, is this horrific thing that they have to muddle and suffer through to make it to the good stuff when they are dead. Which is so sad to me, because it's such a waste of the short time we have.

They think we devalue our lives because we don't expect to continue to live after we die (I really don't know how anyone could even seriously argue with that). But it seems to me that they are the ones who really don't value their lives, because to them these lives are just the practice ones. And they consider these practice lives disgusting and wretched, where as we see the beauty in them, and all the more so because they are the only ones we have so we value them far more than they ever could. But they do not get that.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
29-01-2014, 05:44 PM
(29-01-2014 05:38 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 05:20 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  My kids are good when they expect rewards as well~it's called positive reinforcement. The difference being, they'll be alive to enjoy their reward instead of expecting it after they die

That's the thing about these rapture-nut types, they are more a cult of death than they are Christians. They are more concerned about the time that exist after their death, than they are with their own lives, and the short time they get to enjoy it. And it’s not really about their love of Jesus. They talk more about getting to go to heaven than they do anything about Jesus. It seems at time like they just tack on the Jesus stuff because they know that what they need to do to get to heaven, but they could care less.

And they care more about dying than they do about living because they can’t wait to die. They don’t put it that way. They talk about not being able to wait for the end of the world, or the rapture, or until they are in heaven, but what is that other than death? They want this life to be over already, that’s what seems more important to them. Other Christians at least do focus on this life more or less than others do. But these rapture-nuts worship their death and cannot wait for it to happen.

And they convince themselves that life, here and now, on the earth, is this horrific thing that they have to muddle and suffer through to make it to the good stuff when they are dead. Which is so sad to me, because it's such a waste of the short time we have.

They think we devalue our lives because we don't expect to continue to live after we die (I really don't know how anyone could even seriously argue with that). But it seems to me that they are the ones who really don't value their lives, because to them these lives are just the practice ones. And they consider these practice lives disgusting and wretched, where as we see the beauty in them, and all the more so because they are the only ones we have so we value them far more than they ever could. But they do not get that.

When you put it like that, they're describing themselves! Atheists understand that once we're dead, our game is over...so most of us try to enjoy every moment we're here. That seems much more fulfilling than worrying and kissing ass to get rewards after we're dead...since we're all going in the dirt...what a wasteful way to live life...again, makes me sad

[+] 1 user Likes kellyrm's post
29-01-2014, 06:15 PM
Should we pray for them? Just kidding.
[+] 1 user Likes tlag77's post