"Why do they reject the Lord?" (answer: because of Facebook and iPods)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 01:04 AM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 01:09 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
RE: "Why do they reject the Lord?" (answer: because of Facebook and iPods)
(29-01-2014 05:44 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 05:38 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  That's the thing about these rapture-nut types, they are more a cult of death than they are Christians. They are more concerned about the time that exist after their death, than they are with their own lives, and the short time they get to enjoy it. And it’s not really about their love of Jesus. They talk more about getting to go to heaven than they do anything about Jesus. It seems at time like they just tack on the Jesus stuff because they know that what they need to do to get to heaven, but they could care less.

And they care more about dying than they do about living because they can’t wait to die. They don’t put it that way. They talk about not being able to wait for the end of the world, or the rapture, or until they are in heaven, but what is that other than death? They want this life to be over already, that’s what seems more important to them. Other Christians at least do focus on this life more or less than others do. But these rapture-nuts worship their death and cannot wait for it to happen.

And they convince themselves that life, here and now, on the earth, is this horrific thing that they have to muddle and suffer through to make it to the good stuff when they are dead. Which is so sad to me, because it's such a waste of the short time we have.

They think we devalue our lives because we don't expect to continue to live after we die (I really don't know how anyone could even seriously argue with that). But it seems to me that they are the ones who really don't value their lives, because to them these lives are just the practice ones. And they consider these practice lives disgusting and wretched, where as we see the beauty in them, and all the more so because they are the only ones we have so we value them far more than they ever could. But they do not get that.

When you put it like that, they're describing themselves! Atheists understand that once we're dead, our game is over...so most of us try to enjoy every moment we're here. That seems much more fulfilling than worrying and kissing ass to get rewards after we're dead...since we're all going in the dirt...what a wasteful way to live life...again, makes me sad

The following is cut and pasted from a different one of their threads titled "My Heart is Breaking", but it illustrates the point I was making of the worthlessness and depression they seem to really live in, and inability to see the beauty in the world. I think they, the rapture-nuts more than the common Christian, are so depressed and have such shitty lives, that, in their minds, belief is all they have to cling to, and feel if they didn't at least have the hope of ending this life and having a perfect one given to them in death, they must think they would just go ahead and give up on life.

I know one of these types, which is why I look at this site, to better understand her, and I fear sometimes that she might do something drastic out of depression. I think they hope for the rapture to happen as a guilt free form of suicide. To me the whole thing seems like an emotionally "save" form of suicidal ideation.

Here are some of their post (alternately colored for distinction between posters) as perfect examples of what I mean. They are miserable people, not at all making their belief attractive to me.

I don’t know about you guys and gals, but my heart is absolutely breaking… The wickedness of this world just keeps getting worse: debauchery, murder, homosexuality, selfishness and everything under the sun. I just saw an article about 2 Muslim men butchered by “Christian assailants” :cry: THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIAN! They are the farthest thing from Christ that is possible! Those muslims may be against me, my enemies, the very haters of my soul, but they don’t deserve to be butchered in the street with a machete :cry:

I also just recently saw the “gay couple” on Disney’s Good Luck Charlie, I mean what has the world come to? I use to watch Disney all the time when I was a kid, and now my niece’s and nephew’s watch it probably being corrupted. “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.” – Matthew 18:6

Plus Monarch Butterfly’s are disappearing from all the harm we have done to them, along with our bee’s, bird’s, fish, and animals.
What has this world come to!? And why, and how can we still be here? Oh Lord please come quickly.

Well, I agree with you and notice the same things. Unfortunately, things will get worse. The closer we get to a peace treaty…and we are getting close…the believers will be raptured. This world right now is a walk in the park compared to what the tribulation period will hold. As you pointed out the many horrors…the list is growing everyday. My thoughts…Jesus is and always will be the answer. Thanks for sharing. God Bless, Jan

I feel it, too, BG96. Everyone is embracing evil and thinking the satanic realm is “cool” and “hip” and “shocking” … It reminds me of a Keith Green lyric – “I used to have to sneak around, but now they just open their doors; no one’s watching for my tricks, ’cause no one believes in me anymore!”

Had a cry about the state of the world just last evening. Prayed for anyone and everyone God brought to my mind, including future Trib Saints. Figure they can use all the prayers from the Bride they can get! Even if they are mocking and rejecting Christ right now.

~~Becka

"Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee." ~~Psalm 73:25

It really is a concern and especially for our children. It’s frightening. Thank goodness we know that God won’t allow things to stay this way and that the Rapture is our great hope. Trust in Jesus is all we have any more. Compared to when we were growing up the change is just outrageously unbelieveable. One doesn’t feel safe anymore. Thank goodness for the knowledge angels surround us and protect us.

We do know our Father won’t allow evil to win. Surely soon we will see these evil ones running in fear. There has to be a final line drawn in the sand. He has such longsuffering patience. We know we are waiting for more eyes to be opened to truth to receive Him as Lord of their lives. Apparently things have to get this bad to get their attention to seek Him. We also know it will get much worse then it is now. It may not seem like He is with us but we know He is. We simply have to trust with our whole hearts as we await the day of change. Our impatience is showing. These fence sitters are trying my patience. Thank goodness He is in charge and I am not. No one will ever be able to say our God hasn’t been patient with them, giving chance after chance to receive Him. We are His witnesses to this.

The eyes of the Lord range throughout the entire earth, to strengthen those whose heart is true to him.

yes, its easy to give in to feelings of hopelessness. i was in the shop when the radio came on about Ellen being moved to tears with the 33 same-sex couples getting married. i nearly cried for the falseness of the world. and they don’t even see it.

this evening my extended family were over for my son’s birthday and several times i mentioned Jesus. but honestly it’s got the stage where they avert their eyes or cough awkwardly. they don’t want to hear. i left room. prayed to love them as they are, and also prayed for joy as i felt quite hopeless as only born-again adult. the kids are fine. Anyway, the good news and praise report is that he sent me joy. He really did.the whole evening flowed after that. i know that i sometimes have to pray and ask for supernatural hope, as often it looks beyond hope in the natural. because all things are possible to God.

we all need to pray for our youngsters. they are like children who grow up in darkness, and never knew real sunshine. it is Terrible what the world is telling them is good and normal. we can set them free in His truth, in His love. we really need to run to jesus more than ever. as the world would swallow us up. Jesus never avoided sin and darkness, he tackled it head-on. don’t run from it. try to shed light on it. it’s not easy i know. even to support Israel is a no-go these days. we’re in a good place, because as the world gets darker, we are more than ready to give it up for Jesus. even to the point of death, if thats what it takes.

we’re being trained to loose our life for Him. and that helps us be bolder. just keep praying for more Joy and courage. we can’t do it without His grace.

The Door Of Grace, IS Still Open…But Not For Long! We Will Be Delivered By Father God’s / Power~~~ (Thank You Jesus)

Dear BG, yes it gets to me too, the world has gotten as the days of Noah. Children born now and raised now don’t have much support in society to be raised with morals or be protected from harmful situations. It’s sickening. I pray the Lord returns soon.

Had a cry about the state of the world just last evening. Prayed for anyone and everyone God brought to my mind, including future Trib Saints. Figure they can use all the prayers from the Bride they can get! Even if they are mocking and rejecting Christ right now.

Me too, i was praying for future trib saints and people on my mind too.

Rapture Faith, that is a wonderful picture. I can hardly wait to see Jesus in the air. What a splitting scene that will be.

Come quickly Lord. The will of Father God be done. The good Lord’s will be done.

I know it’s going to get worse and worse, but I just can’t imagine how while we’re still here. I don’t know how bad it’s gonna get before we get raptured, but I’m sure of this: My God knows the future, and He loves us, His children. He will keep us from harm.
Bygrace, I understand where you’re coming from, as we all do here. We’re sick and tired of this world and its evil system. Like VC said, we know that God will not evil win. We have to hold on to that hope.

That being said: COME QUICKLY (PLEASE!!!!), LORD JESUS!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 01:09 AM
That's really all kinds of crazy. I haven't any words.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

30-01-2014, 04:54 AM
Actually it sounds like a great business opportunity.
These people want to be taken away from society and shielded from all harm.

I present to you "Rapture Village"
A place where you don't have to worry about locking your doors.
No personal possessions, no contact with anyone from the outside. No tv, no internet, no phones
Just a nice comfortable place where you feel like you've been raptured.
No traveling or leaving because travel would only move you closer to the devil.

Our state of the art security will make sure you stay right here and never bother the rest of the world.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
30-01-2014, 09:51 AM
(29-01-2014 04:10 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  wow...just wow. They put the scarlet letter on you lmao. But of course, they're too righteous to judge people and love everybody, right?

Some of them were really cool. One of the mods even had a stickied post telling the believers that the ToS applies to them too, to play nicely, to realize that not everyone had the same experiences as them regarding religion, and to realize that by posting in the apologetics board that their faith would be tested.

I quoted and linked to that thread more than once with the mods who were complaining, and they told me (ironically!) that mods couldn't override what the admin says, so his post didn't count.

Never mind that what the admin said was really ambiguous, so the mods were all interpreting the ToS however they wanted. Again, the irony of this was not lost on me. I just left once I realized that I was fighting an uphill battle and wasn't having fun there, anymore.
30-01-2014, 09:56 AM
(30-01-2014 09:51 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 04:10 PM)kellyrm Wrote:  wow...just wow. They put the scarlet letter on you lmao. But of course, they're too righteous to judge people and love everybody, right?

Some of them were really cool. One of the mods even had a stickied post telling the believers that the ToS applies to them too, to play nicely, to realize that not everyone had the same experiences as them regarding religion, and to realize that by posting in the apologetics board that their faith would be tested.

I quoted and linked to that thread more than once with the mods who were complaining, and they told me (ironically!) that mods couldn't override what the admin says, so his post didn't count.

Never mind that what the admin said was really ambiguous, so the mods were all interpreting the ToS however they wanted. Again, the irony of this was not lost on me. I just left once I realized that I was fighting an uphill battle and wasn't having fun there, anymore.

Is there a word for being happy and sad at the same time? That's what this post did to me...on one hand, the irony is awesome! On the other hand, it saddens me to think you were the only one to realize it.

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
30-01-2014, 10:01 AM
(30-01-2014 09:56 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  Is there a word for being happy and sad at the same time? ...

Bittersweet

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
30-01-2014, 10:07 AM
(30-01-2014 10:01 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 09:56 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  Is there a word for being happy and sad at the same time? ...

Bittersweet

ah duh! Thanks! Bittersweet...that's exactly what I meant Thumbsup

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
30-01-2014, 10:08 AM
(30-01-2014 09:56 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  Is there a word for being happy and sad at the same time? That's what this post did to me...on one hand, the irony is awesome! On the other hand, it saddens me to think you were the only one to realize it.

I wasn't the only one. There was a friend I'd made on there who was quite pissed at how the thing went down, and he tried to contact the admin to get an official ruling. He thinks that the mods there basically fear anything they don't understand. They even got mad at some "non-standard" Christians, because they might have feared they were trolls, or spreading false doctrine at a minimum.

He and I emailed two or three times within a wee of that happening. I was just thinking about checking in with him last night. Perhaps I should do that again...
30-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Hey Raptor, do you know what forum software they're using?
Or could you give me the link?
I've found that most religious sites use out of date software or the mods just lack any computer intellect.
I may or may not have dastardly ideas in mind.
You know, just small little tweaks in the CoC and a few other areas.
It's loads of fun Evil_monster

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
30-01-2014, 10:37 AM
(30-01-2014 10:17 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Or could you give me the link?

RITA

Considering it took me about a second to find it, I have little faith in your haxxorness. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post