"Why do they reject the Lord?" (answer: because of Facebook and iPods)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: "Why do they reject the Lord?" (answer: because of Facebook and iPods)
My favorite thing to do as this site is concerned, is to look anytime any big event happens, especially space related.

Comment ISON goes by and they all freak thinking it’s a sign from heaven. The biblical star Wormwood, as prophesize in Revelation. Or an earthquake happens in Fiji, and it’s a sign of…something, I don’t remember what they thought that was. They think the pacific “ring of fire” is Jesus’ wedding ring for them, because they are all “Brides of Christ” and will be married to him in heaven. Don’t know how they wear the ring of fire though, that’s weird.

Or a ring eclipse happens and they wig out thinking it’s a sign in the sky of Jesus promising them their wedding ring. The financial Crisis happens then they go into all this insane Rube Goldbergian explanation of how all these events will happen in just the right way to bring about the anti-christ, and blah, blah, blah…

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 11:59 AM
(30-01-2014 11:56 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  My favorite thing to do as this site is concerned, is to look anytime any big event happens, especially space related.

Comment ISON goes by and they all freak thinking it’s a sign from heaven. The biblical star Wormwood, as prophesize in Revelation. Or an earthquake happens in Fiji, and it’s a sign of…something, I don’t remember what they thought that was. They think the pacific “ring of fire” is Jesus’ wedding ring for them, because they are all “Brides of Christ” and will be married to him in heaven. Don’t know how they wear the ring of fire though, that’s weird.

Or a ring eclipse happens and they wig out thinking it’s a sign in the sky of Jesus promising them their wedding ring. The financial Crisis happens then they go into all this insane Rube Goldbergian explanation of how all these events will happen in just the right way to bring about the anti-christ, and blah, blah, blah…

I spent about 30 minutes on that forum yesterday just browsing around. What a nightmare. Everything that happens they have some bullshit reasoning behind. I can't bring myself to understand how ADULTS can believe this bullshit!

~Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned.~
30-01-2014, 12:02 PM
Re: RE: "Why do they reject the Lord?" (answer: because of Facebook and iPods)
(30-01-2014 11:59 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(30-01-2014 11:56 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  My favorite thing to do as this site is concerned, is to look anytime any big event happens, especially space related.

I spent about 30 minutes on that forum yesterday just browsing around. What a nightmare. Everything that happens they have some bullshit reasoning behind. I can't bring myself to understand how ADULTS can believe this bullshit!

They really don't but psychologically their views become more extreme when they are in a group where people have similar beliefs. I forget what the term is but it is a common problem with all beliefs be they religious or not.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 12:07 PM

Whatever happened to faith? And ya gotta be some kinda egotistical skank to believe in the rapture, I'm sorry.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Re: RE: "Why do they reject the Lord?" (answer: because of Facebook and iPods)
(30-01-2014 12:07 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Whatever happened to faith? And ya gotta be some kinda egotistical skank to believe in the rapture, I'm sorry.

Worse than that is they relish in the thought that human civilization will end and everybody except them (raptured Christians) will be tortured and killed. So much for the Christian love lie.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 12:25 PM
(30-01-2014 11:56 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  They think the pacific “ring of fire” is Jesus’ wedding ring for them, because they are all “Brides of Christ” and will be married to him in heaven. Don’t know how they wear the ring of fire though, that’s weird.

Doesn't this violate all the male Christian's view of gay marriage? Or is it totally cool that Jesus is a bisexual polygamist/polyandrist?
30-01-2014, 12:42 PM
They can't wait for the day when everyone is tortured, children & animals too.
They have this sick perversion in which their god is this ultimate torture bringer and they feel a sense of joy because the powerful man doing all the torturing is on their side.
"See, you should have listened to me and look where you are now"

They want to be the ones that people SHOULD listen to. It's a craving for power, for authority.
"You didn't do as I said, Now you're gonna get it and I'm gonna watch as he rips you limb from limb."

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
30-01-2014, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2014 03:49 PM by Raptor Jesus.)
I’d agree with you, but I think there are atleast two types attracted to the doomsday, “God’s” wrath stuff. The Pat Robberson, Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin, types on an ego supieority trip, who use it as a form of control and to justify their own bigotry.

But most of these on this RITA site are of a different type. In my experience the ones with the greatest need to have others cut down, are those who feel low themselves and have a difficult time rasing themselves up, so it’s easier to cut others down to feel better about their own place. They do so because they actually have very low self esteem and feel very insecure inside.

I also think it’s a desire for cosmic retribution. The ones seriously attracted to the end of the world, doomsday stuff…and specifically a perfect life on the other side for themselves, where others who do wrong are punished…are ones that have had or are still having horrible lives now, usually due to some injustice they feel they’ve been forced to deal with, place on them by others.

My friend, for example and without going into details, had a very rough childhood to say the least. Very bad things she’s had to go through, and at that age it changes everything about who you are for the rest of your life. It wires your brain to see the worst in things. She was powerless back then, but can imagine herself to be powerful with “God”. I’d argue that it’s a crutch, and she should learn to stand on her own, but either way.

For someone like her, the rapture holy-judgment thing is appealing, because for them this life is fucked up, and they get to believe they get a perfect life to make up for this shit one they are currently living. People, even believers, who are extremely happy in life don’t concern their minds much with thoughts of heaven, other than to get to see lost loved ones. It seems the more one fantasizes about heaven, the more miserable their life is or has been.

Also it’s cosmic retribution for those who have wronged them in their life. That they aren’t going to get away with it, as they seem to be doing so far. They will at least be punish at some point. They may think they are getting away with it now, but in the end it will all be set right. That's also why they aren't conviced by discussions of the injustice of an eternal punishment. They want an eternal punishment for that person who caused them so much harm in life. They want it to happen to make up for what was done to them. In their mind, it sets right all that is wrong, and make the meaningless miseries that they’ve faced in their lives not to be without purpose, in the end.

That is why those types can’t understand what it would be like to live without belief in “God”. Because all they could imagine it to be is the misery their lives have been. They see belief as their only hope, out of pain and misery, and because that is their experience, they imagine that must be ours if we do not have this extremely valuable thing they think they have, that they believe just barely keeps them going.

That’s why they view us as wretched, depressed, hopeless and feel like life is meaningless, because it’s really a mirror of how they themselves feel about life. When they describe what they think about atheist, they are really exposing how they feel about themselves.

[+] 4 users Like Raptor Jesus's post
30-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Pretty insightful, for a lizard. Thumbsup

As for the fire, some, as you say, are consumed. Some, like ellen here, are tempered. Evil_monster

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-01-2014, 03:35 PM
(30-01-2014 02:18 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I’d agree with you, but I think there are atleast two types attracted to the doomsday, “God’s” wrath stuff. The Pat Robberson, Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin, types on an ego supieority trip, who use it as a form of control and to justify their own bigotry.

But most of these on this RITA site are of a different type. In my experience the ones with the greatest need to have others cut down, are those who feel low themselves and have a difficult time rasing themselves up, so it’s easier to cut others down to feel better about their own place. They do so because they actually have very low self esteem and feel very insecure inside.

I also think it’s a desire for cosmic retribution. The ones seriously attracted to the end of the world, doomsday stuff…and specifically a perfect life on the other side for themselves, where others who do wrong are punished…are ones that have had or are still having horrible lives now, usually due to some injustice they feel they’ve been forced to deal with, place on them by others.

My friend, for example and without going into details, had a very rough childhood to say the least. Very bad things she’s had to go through, and at that age it changes everything about who you are for the rest of your life. It wires your brain to see the worst in things. She was powerless back then, but can imagine herself to be powerful with “God”. I’d argue that it’s a crutch, and she should learn to stand on her own, but either way.

For someone like her, the rapture holy-judgment thing is appealing, because for them this life is fucked up, and they get to believe they get a perfect life to make up for this shit one they are currently living. People, even believers, who are extremely happy in life don’t concern they minds much with thoughts of heaven, other than to get to see a lost loved one. It seems the more one fantasizes about heaven, the more miserable their life is or has been.

Also it’s cosmic retribution for those who have wronged them in their live, that they aren’t going to get away with it, as they seem to be doing so far. They will be punish at some point. They may think they are getting away with it now, but in the end it will all be set right. That's also why they aren't conviced by discussions of the injustice of an eternal punishment. They want an eternal punishment for that person who caused them so much harm in life. They want it to happen to make up for what was done to them. In their mind, it sets right all that is wrong, and make the meaningless miseries that they’ve faced in their lives not to be without purpose, in the end.

That is why those types can’t understand what it would be like to live without belief in “God”. Because all they could imagine it to be is the misery their lives have been. They see belief as their only hope, out of pain and misery, and because that is their experience, they imagine that must be ours if we do not have this extremely valuable thing they think they have, that they believe just barely keeps them going.

That’s why they view us as wretched, depressed, hopeless and feel like life is meaningless, because it’s really a mirror of how they themselves feel about life. When they describe what they think about atheist, they are really exposing how they feel about themselves.

Great post!

Yeah, for me the only attraction in "heaven" would be to see lost loved ones. There have been quite a few people over the years that I'd love to chat with again.

As for the rest of what these folks believe - you are right on target. They see in us what they are. Sad, really.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post