"Why do they reject the Lord?" (answer: because of Facebook and iPods)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: "Why do they reject the Lord?" (answer: because of Facebook and iPods)
Why shouldn't I reject the lord when he rejects all the unfortunate people in this world?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Another way to think of it is this…

We’ve all often times heard Christians ask the question, “So if you don’t believe in God, what prevents you from raping people?” Or other variations on that type of question.

On one hand, you could take it as an insult. They are saying that you, us, as atheist don’t have any morals to prevent us from doing horrific acts like rape or murder. But I almost never take offence when they imply this, because the thought that always pops into me head is, “So you’re saying the only thing preventing you from raping people is belief in God? If you stopped believing tomorrow you believe you would then just begin running around, randomly raping people?”

To me that person just said something about themselves, not me. Because I know I don’t want to rape people, despite not believing in “God”, because I don’t. But this person is saying they think it’s possible they might. Every time I hear one of those people ask that question I think, either they aren’t being honest and having actually thought the question through, or they really, really want to rape or murder people. Then I’m horrified to be around that person.

On the other hand, you’ll notice theist who never as such obviously flawed questions, don’t ask them because they know they wouldn’t be capable of doing such things even if they don’t believe in “God”, because they know they have no desire to. So when a theist describes an atheist in this way, I always look and them and wonder, what is really going on inside that brain of yours?

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
30-01-2014, 04:05 PM
I always said I'm more afraid of the god in someone's head than I would be of any real one.

Using Tapatalk
30-01-2014, 04:40 PM
And just another thought...

You hear certian Christians often claim that atheist want to remove "God" because atheist want to be "God". I don't know if you've ever heard that one before?

The thing you notice about the ones who will make such claims, that atheist want to be "God", that they are the same exact ones who make the most claims to knowldege of what "God" wants, thinks, believes, and feels, and often speak as though they are speaking for "God". Where really it is them speaking, their own beliefs and thoughts, as though it's "God" who is the one who says it, when really it's them themselves.

When you hear them making all these proclamations of supposedly what "God" comands and is going to do, they are really simply putting their own views in "God's" mouth. Or evaluating their own thoughts to that of a "god".

Anytime you hear a theist claim atheist want to be "God", just realize that is exactly what that person is themself doing. Trying to be "God" by proxy.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
31-01-2014, 07:39 AM
(30-01-2014 04:03 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  We’ve all often times heard Christians ask the question, “So if you don’t believe in God, what prevents you from raping people?” Or other variations on that type of question.

Hell, what is preventing a Christian from raping someone, so long as their victim isn't either married or betrothed to someone else? Once you have those two bits covered, there are no rules regarding it!

Any additional laws we have against rape came from people, because we figured out that was bad without the help of YHWH.

(30-01-2014 04:03 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  On one hand, you could take it as an insult. They are saying that you, us, as atheist don’t have any morals to prevent us from doing horrific acts like rape or murder. But I almost never take offence when they imply this, because the thought that always pops into me head is, “So you’re saying the only thing preventing you from raping people is belief in God? If you stopped believing tomorrow you believe you would then just begin running around, randomly raping people?”

To me that person just said something about themselves, not me. Because I know I don’t want to rape people, despite not believing in “God”, because I don’t. But this person is saying they think it’s possible they might. Every time I hear one of those people ask that question I think, either they aren’t being honest and having actually thought the question through, or they really, really want to rape or murder people. Then I’m horrified to be around that person.

On the other hand, you’ll notice theist who never as such obviously flawed questions, don’t ask them because they know they wouldn’t be capable of doing such things even if they don’t believe in “God”, because they know they have no desire to. So when a theist describes an atheist in this way, I always look and them and wonder, what is really going on inside that brain of yours?

It is really weird. About the best they can muster from that approach is that, because they accept Jesus, they don't want to, or some shit. But yeah, it still looks dangerously close to "I'd totally rape people if I weren't afraid of God.", and that's just creepy.
31-01-2014, 10:25 AM
I reject imaginary authority. I reject gullibility and stupidity. I reject the idea that an act which harms or kills people by the millions can be rationalized in your eyes as "good". I reject the idea that I MUST love something and also fear it at the same time. I reject your idea of justice because without the laws that we human beings make, there wouldn't be any true measure of justice. I reject human sacrifice as a solution for anything. I reject slavery, genocide, and whole sale slaughter of men, women & children because an imaginary figure commanded it.

I reject the idea that people with "magical hands" fool the elderly out of their money and away from getting proper medical treatment.
I reject that you look up to these people as saints when your own religion describes such people who deceive others as devils & demons.

I reject creation nonsense. I reject the idea of praying to some mythical figure as a way of enacting some change in the world.
I reject paying a 10% tithe to a church. I reject getting on my knees & bowing my head to anyone, let alone an imaginary lord.

This isn't the middle fucking ages, but I swear sometimes you all act like it was. You want to be peasants and have a lord protect you.
You want to be the sheep to a divine shepherd. I reject your idea of adulthood. Grow the fuck up.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
31-01-2014, 11:15 AM
(29-01-2014 03:24 PM)Phil Hill Wrote:  
(29-01-2014 03:02 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  In fact, here is what they posted about their rules. I bolded some parts for emphasis.

"No one can doubt that the demonic realm has been ramped up. We need the help of every member of Rita Now to assist the mods in keeping us spiritually safe. The stated purpose for our being is “to lift up Jesus and honor him alone.” With the problems Rita now has been through , everyone should recognize the importance of not bringing the other side to this forum. There are other sites to research and use for that purpose. Not Rita Now.

Please Be Advised

It is the desire of the mods and regular members to keep Rita Now spiritually safe for everyone and to stick to the purpose of this fellowship as stated. You may read all statements and rules on the Home Page. Be sure to be aware of them. They are meant to keep us on track.

We will NOT open doors to just anyone or to any and all topics–those of a questionable nature. It is the responsibility of every member to carefully select topics brought to this site. Certain persons, videos and posts are not appropriate for Rita Now. Only those edifying Christ and our faith.

We ask your prayers and help on this matter in detecting/preventing spiritual mischief; any topics occult connected that would open our door to the demonic, occult realm. Please be vigilant in your posting decisions –do NOT post such material here. If unsure, confused, or questioning content of messages being acceptable or feeling the need to post “view with discretion or discernment” with any such additional comments that means you should NOT post it here. Be very sure of all the contents of posts brought here including videos before posting. In other words be accountable and responsible.

Should you spot a wrong spirit in a poster or a message post (video) please contact the mods at themods@raptureintheairnow.com to bring this to our attention. The mods will be intentionally vigilant and strict on this matter and not apologize for it as this is for the spiritual safety of all here and the protection of this site. We must not bring anything that is an open door to the demonic world. Please join the mods in this watch to keep Rita Now spiritually safe. We need to remember we live at the end of this Church Age and be highly serious in not tolerating even the possibility of opening any doors. This is a serious time for being especially vigilant in this matter.

Remember, if confused, or questioning an author , topic or message, do not bring it to Rita Now. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

The Mods"

I dare you....double dare you to register on that forum and post this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JYjhhmNX-TY

fuck me, that was funny!