Why do we protect endangered animals?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-01-2013, 11:27 AM
RE: Why do we protect endangered animals?
(11-01-2013 11:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  This is satire, right? Consider
And not very funny.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2013, 11:38 AM
(12-04-2012 04:35 AM)BlahBlokesBraBroke Wrote:  In theory, protecting endangered species is considered as against nature, as that you are fighting against natural selection.
however, sending a sick child to hospital and have an operation to correct some inherited disease is pretty much the same thing, I guess im not go into that.

However, I do like to ask - Why do we protect endangered animals?

This is not like protecting the rainforest, I mean protecting rainforest have positive impact on our life, so we get more oxygen and those craps. However, an endangered specie that is completely useless towards us in every single way - why protecting them?

Like the Giant Panda - these animals stoped evolving minions of years ago due to small changes in their habitat, I consider them lucky enough to live to this very day. Their specie is weak, and without the minions of money every year from outside aids and the government, the giant panda gonna die in a blink. We spent fortunes to maintain the existence of a neglected specie of nature. Why?

In comparison, if those money were sent to the children of where Panda lives (Szechuan Mountain area is still a poverty zone, and peoples life quality were still like pre-modern time, no electricity, gas, or running water, no road for many villages, travel up to 24 hours to reach hospital, walk 3 miles for school etc etc) , for education, transport, medical attention and food aids (many children still suffers from malnutrition especially in protein, and this have devastating effect as that most Szechuanese girls have no boobs and boys possibly have small penis, which I dont care, small penis wont affect my visual happiness). The life quality of the people would greatly improve which have way better actual impact on our society.

Which would you prefer, few dumb bears (despite they are not quiet in bear family) or millions of people gets electricity, running water, good road for transport, education, medical services, food aid, prettier women, etc etc

Im sure anyone would agree to money to the people. However, humanity is so stupid, that actually most of the world would prefer to save the fcking panda. I mean, why?

Easy - Pandas are cute, they are furry and they are cute (yes, but have you seen when panda hunt people? You give a cuddly image to panda but in reality they still hunt other animal and will attack people to take a juicy bite. dont forgot, they still bears... of some kind)

So, this is the awnser of humanity, rather save some fluffy animal than your fellow homo-sapiens race.

I mean what impact does the Giant Panda really do on our life? You just gonna say, oooh, they cute, and thats it... (except Chinese Government sell them to foreign zoo for fortune ofc...)
I think very often we neglect the overall import of a species is to the heath of other animals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_reintroduction

For example, wolves for many years were seen to be evil and unimportant...however since being reintroduced into areas which they were formally eliminated from, they have had a very positive impact on Yellowstone that can't easily be ignored or dismissed. Had we not preserved the species and allowed them all to simply die out (not placing them on the protection list) further harm might have been done.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

11-01-2013, 05:22 PM
(11-01-2013 11:20 AM)Julius Wrote:  I can understand why certain species are designated as "Endangered", but what I don't understand is reluctance shown by many governments when it comes to Hunting these species. For years, I have been trying to negotiate with the China's Department of the Interior to let me hunt a wild Panda. I realize the Panda is an endangered species, so I (and the company I work for) have offered China up to 1 Million Dollars for the privilige to hunt one of the Pandas (a big male, preferably). It is thought that any damage inflicted on the wild population of Pandas due to the hunt could be quickly and more than adequatly remedied by the 1 Million-dollar fee. As a result, the Panda population would be stronger than before.

But will the Chinese Game Comisioners listen to our proposal? Hell no! They won't even take the time to review it! As a result, we will forever be without a fine Panda trophey, and all the cool film footage of the hunting expedition.

Our Company had even reserved a place for our stuffed Panda Trophy - we were going to place it right between our stuffed African Oryx and our Bonobo trophies. Well...one can only dream. BTW...our company is quite generous and conservation-minded. I mean, we paid the Republic of the Congo more than 3 Million Dollars for the Bonobo-hunting rights - and what a fine expedition that was! As a result, the Bonobo we harvested was quickly replaced by 3 young adults acquired from eastern-European zoos.
I am assuming this is a joke, as killing a panda would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

PS: Fuck pandas
11-01-2013, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2013 07:04 AM by Julius.)
(11-01-2013 05:22 PM)Diablo Wrote:  
(11-01-2013 11:20 AM)Julius Wrote:  I can understand why certain species are designated as "Endangered", but what I don't understand is reluctance shown by many governments when it comes to Hunting these species. For years, I have been trying to negotiate with the China's Department of the Interior to let me hunt a wild Panda. I realize the Panda is an endangered species, so I (and the company I work for) have offered China up to 1 Million Dollars for the privilige to hunt one of the Pandas (a big male, preferably). It is thought that any damage inflicted on the wild population of Pandas due to the hunt could be quickly and more than adequatly remedied by the 1 Million-dollar fee. As a result, the Panda population would be stronger than before.

But will the Chinese Game Comisioners listen to our proposal? Hell no! They won't even take the time to review it! As a result, we will forever be without a fine Panda trophey, and all the cool film footage of the hunting expedition.

Our Company had even reserved a place for our stuffed Panda Trophy - we were going to place it right between our stuffed African Oryx and our Bonobo trophies. Well...one can only dream. BTW...our company is quite generous and conservation-minded. I mean, we paid the Republic of the Congo more than 3 Million Dollars for the Bonobo-hunting rights - and what a fine expedition that was! As a result, the Bonobo we harvested was quickly replaced by 3 young adults acquired from eastern-European zoos.
I am assuming this is a joke, as killing a panda would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

PS: Fuck pandas
Of course it is a joke. Smile

BTW, here's one of our associates preparing one of our latest trophies for eventual display. We are especially proud of this one.

[Image: pandaskin_zpsb69efa9c.jpg]