Why do we protect endangered animals?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2012, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 07:11 AM by Lilith Pride.)
RE: Why do we protect endangered animals?
The endangered species protection acts began because humans were directly involved in endangering pecies. Animals like your giant panda were later added in by people in the field of endangered species protection. Some of the earlier animals to be protected for instance were wolves. Wolves were nearly wiped out in the US due to their image of being detrimental to farmers. It took a while before people saw the use in having wolves in forests. The basic reasoning of it is that what started as a way to fix their own mistake, became a humanitarian effort to prevent loss of life.

You should've mentioned the tazmanian devil who is actually being studied in an attempt to prevent their species from being wiped out. There has been a lot of research done in attempting to find a devil whose genetic immunities include a horrible face virus. It's a species who became rather genetically homogulous due to their isolated location. Definitely not the type of animal most people would really want to save.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Lilith Pride's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do we protect endangered animals? - Lilith Pride - 12-04-2012 04:47 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Owning Animals BrokenQuill92 16 702 05-09-2013 07:01 AM
Last Post: Juv