Why do we treat poor people like children?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2014, 10:27 AM
RE: Why do we treat poor people like children?
(01-03-2014 09:51 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 02:07 AM)toadaly Wrote:  That would be almost everyone. If it were cost free, we'd all be free riders. It's human nature.

Citation needed.

Are you seriously asking for a citation to demonstrate that it's human nature to take things offerred at no cost?

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 10:36 AM
(01-03-2014 10:27 AM)toadaly Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 09:51 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Citation needed.

Are you seriously asking for a citation to demonstrate that it's human nature to take things offerred at no cost?

Yes please back up you stupid statements for once.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
01-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Who else HATES the "are the poor Poor" debate? Show of hands?

*shakes head*

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
01-03-2014, 11:00 AM
(01-03-2014 10:36 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 10:27 AM)toadaly Wrote:  Are you seriously asking for a citation to demonstrate that it's human nature to take things offerred at no cost?

Yes please back up you stupid statements for once.

How much have you donated to the running of this site?

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.
01-03-2014, 11:01 AM
(01-03-2014 11:00 AM)toadaly Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 10:36 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes please back up you stupid statements for once.

How much have you donated to the running of this site?

More than you. Not only have I made monetary contributions but I volunteer my free time to moderate it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-03-2014, 11:24 AM
(01-03-2014 10:27 AM)toadaly Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 09:51 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Citation needed.

I'm asking you for any justification whatsoever for this claim:
(01-03-2014 02:07 AM)toadaly Wrote:  That would be almost everyone. If it were cost free, we'd all be free riders. It's human nature.

We may note here that "we would all be free riders" is not equivalent to what you just now said, "we would take what's offered us".

So there's that.

... this is my signature!
01-03-2014, 01:45 PM
(28-02-2014 10:44 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(28-02-2014 10:00 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  So it is just about you. Whiners suck.

Yeah but at least we don't swallow.

*looks over at Momsurroundedbyboys*

^^^^^ What the fuck is this suppose to mean?

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
01-03-2014, 02:29 PM
(01-03-2014 01:45 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(28-02-2014 10:44 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Yeah but at least we don't swallow.

*looks over at Momsurroundedbyboys*

^^^^^ What the fuck is this suppose to mean?

It means that Blowjob is a nasty piece of shit Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
01-03-2014, 02:36 PM
(01-03-2014 02:29 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-03-2014 01:45 PM)War Horse Wrote:  ^^^^^ What the fuck is this suppose to mean?

It means that Blowjob is a nasty piece of shit Drinking Beverage

Thats what I thought...... man, what I wouldnt give to have these asswipes say that shit to me in person. Evil_monster

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
01-03-2014, 02:52 PM
When working as a cashier a few years back a young couple came in and bought some groceries and paid with food stamps. Then they wanted a pregnancy test (kept behind the counter because they were a hot shoplifting item). They wanted to pay for it with FOOD STAMPS. They were breeding...but couldn't understand why they couldn't buy the test with their FOOD STAMPS. Finally I just looked at them and said, "You can't eat it."

What pisses me off about food stamps was when I would go shopping for our family when the kids were still at home and saw things like this- my cart was filled with hamburger and less expensive foods and no sodas, few snacks...because I was PAYING out of my pocket for the stuff in my cart. Shopping sales and using the dreaded coupons from the Sunday paper were how we got to have 'luxury' items. I would be in line with people with carts full of name brand snack and sodas packed in so tight they could barely move the cart...people buying ribeyes several times a week, we got steak about once every other month. These people had carts piled high with expensive junk food and then whipped out their EBT card to pay for it.

One evening two women that were together had FOUR carts filled to overflowing with sodas and snacks and expensive cuts of meat...things we couldn't afford. Because of the way taxes worked with manufacturers coupons the second woman was asked to pay around 87 cents in tax. She pitched a complete hissy fit. She didn't have to pay taxes, she had food stamps and therefore was tax exempt...now between the two they had around $600 in groceries for free and she was showing her ass over 87 fucking cents. The lady behind me and I exchanged a glance and both felt sorry for the clerk that was being verbally abused by this witch. I finally handed over a buck and said here let me pay for that since I already helped pay for the rest of it.

When I got outside with my pitiful groceries they were still loading food into their fucking LEXUS....really!

The laws need to be changed but not to handing out cash. The abuse would then be even worse.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy