Why do women forget about their friends, as soon as they get boyfriends?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Why do women forget about their friends, as soon as they get boyfriends?
e a friend, that considers me to be her best friend, we've known each other for about a year and we go to the same college and we used to work at the same place. We instantly connected, and we just have a lot in common. Anyway, she didn't have a boyfriend at the time and I did and still do. She's been seeing this guy for about two months now, So they made it official like two days ago. And he's already telling her that he loves her, but he's an alcoholic and she knows the dangers of that. Anyway, she's already ditching me for her boyfriend, and I always make sure to not do that. She said she likes me a lot because I don't do that. But here she is, doing it, she keeps talking about how he's so obsessed with her and how uncomfortable it makes her, yet its pretty clear that she's into it. We were planning to hang out Monday for spring break, but now she's like saying that's his only day off so she can't. I just don't get why people always do this, any advice? I really want to stop being irritated.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2016, 04:07 PM
RE: Why do women forget about their friends, as soon as they get boyfriends?
Because getting orgasms is far superior to sitting around talking about them...............

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 13 users Like onlinebiker's post
24-03-2016, 04:27 PM
She does it because she needs a guy to define her. I used to be like that, and it takes time to figure out why one does that, before a change can be made. Thankfully, I figured it out. Your friend sounds like she needs to figure that out, too. Sad

Continue being a good friend, because she will come back to you when this guy hurts her. And just from the little you write, he will end up hurting her, sadly. Hang in there, I find stuff like that irritating, too. Hug

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
24-03-2016, 05:03 PM
They don't. People are different, some women do, some women don't and the same can be said for men. Maybe you need a better class of friends.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
24-03-2016, 05:04 PM
(24-03-2016 04:07 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Because getting orgasms is far superior to sitting around talking about them...............

Big Grin

Amen, brotha'!

[+] 4 users Like Heatheness's post
24-03-2016, 05:07 PM
Put out a hit on her. Big Grin

Perhaps the boyfriend....

Seriously though, don't generalise. All generalisations are false. Including this one. Wink

Good luck. Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
24-03-2016, 06:06 PM
(24-03-2016 05:03 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  They don't. People are different, some women do, some women don't and the same can be said for men. Maybe you need a better class of friends.

Agreed. I don't think all women do this. I certainly don't.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-03-2016, 06:45 PM
(24-03-2016 06:06 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 05:03 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  They don't. People are different, some women do, some women don't and the same can be said for men. Maybe you need a better class of friends.

Agreed. I don't think all women do this. I certainly don't.

Yeah, me neither. I always made time for my friends. They are a part of who I am, don't like the bff's, don't like me.

24-03-2016, 06:56 PM
It's not just women.

I've hardly seen my friends since I got married Sad

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
24-03-2016, 07:45 PM
(24-03-2016 06:45 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(24-03-2016 06:06 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Agreed. I don't think all women do this. I certainly don't.

Yeah, me neither. I always made time for my friends. They are a part of who I am, don't like the bff's, don't like me.

I think people (not just women, but men) who don't have lives of their own might get sucked up in someone else's life. But I like to do my own thing, have my own identity, have time for myself. I hate being smothered in a rship. That said, I like getting attention, but I like to be able to breathe Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post