Why do women try to be pretty?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-01-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: Why do women try to be pretty?
Seriously...why can't it just be a mmater of personal preference how much effort one puts into their appearance?
There have been times in my life where it did "me" alot of good mentally to really go all out. It made me feel good back when I was going out dancing to be wearing nice heels, well fitting clothes, and having my hair done in the style of the day. I can still pull off a dressier look cause I still have good legs and can rock the heels...not everyone can walk in heels and therefore shouldn't.
Now I dress mostly for comfort...I have really always been a jeans and T-shirt kinda girl. In cooler weather I prefer Harley boots to about any other footwear. In summer I want sandals with ankle straps, period. That's my thing. In between, I have tennis shoes, actually dance shoes cause I like the thin sole.
I have branched out to wearing more color...I was starting to develop a Morticia Adams vibe with my wardrobe pallette, though you would be hard-pressed to see me in yellow or orange and some greens as I look like death on a stick when I wear them. I do wear makup but just a little, to cover imperfections and emphasize my eyes.
Do I care if anyone else likes my style...well, here's my rule...and it's been in effect for years...if my kids saw me out, would they be embarassed? If the answer is yes...it's time to change. And my kids wouldn't hesitate to blast me.
Do I care what other women or what men think...not a bit. I worked a long time to refine what works for me...I like it, I am comfortable in it and anyone that doesn't like it can just fuck off.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-01-2013, 04:02 PM
What Vera said. Smile
Seriously, in nature it can go both ways.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_dimorphism

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Re: Why do women try to be pretty?
I read somewhere once(not sure how accurate it was) that women tend to dress up more to compete against other women more then to impress a guy. Which I guess could make sense. I don't personally really worry about it.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
28-01-2013, 04:20 PM
Consider this: How do you (the reader) conduct your appearance when nobody else is around?

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2013, 04:22 PM
(28-01-2013 04:18 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I read somewhere once(not sure how accurate it was) that women tend to dress up more to compete against other women more then to impress a guy. Which I guess could make sense. I don't personally really worry about it.
Me either. Actually, I prefer undressing when I want to impress.

Well, sorry, but this "joke" just had to be made.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
28-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Re: Why do women try to be pretty?
I sometimes dress up. Depends on how im feeling.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
28-01-2013, 04:59 PM
(28-01-2013 04:22 PM)Vera Wrote:  Me either. Actually, I prefer undressing when I want to impress.

[Image: misc-ohhh-yes.svg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
28-01-2013, 05:11 PM
(28-01-2013 04:59 PM)Vosur Wrote:  [Image: misc-ohhh-yes.svg]
Angel

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
28-01-2013, 05:28 PM
I don't care why women doll themselves up and I don't care if they do. Women are wonderful with makeup and heels or without makeup and heels. They're wonderful with clothes on and with clothes off.

There are very few ugly women in the world and when a woman is ugly, it usually has a lot more to do with personality than it does with looks. I'm sure it's the same for us men but frankly, I've never been turned on by a man no matter how much makeup he was wearing. :-|
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like bbeljefe's post
28-01-2013, 05:51 PM
(28-01-2013 05:28 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  I don't care why women doll themselves up and I don't care if they do. Women are wonderful with makeup and heels or without makeup and heels. They're wonderful with clothes on and with clothes off.

There are very few ugly women in the world and when a woman is ugly, it usually has a lot more to do with personality than it does with looks. I'm sure it's the same for us men but frankly, I've never been turned on by a man no matter how much makeup he was wearing. :-|

Meh. Not all women look beautiful without makeup and heels. I KNOW I look ugly without them and I'm not ashamed to recognize.
I try to be pretty because it gives me more confidence, mainly. I don't care too much about men's attention. The only thing I care about is feedback and that comes from both sides.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." - Benjamin Franklin