Why do you all hate Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Sad Why do you all hate Jesus?
Hello!

I am new here. You can call me Max.

I'm a long term atheist in his late 30s but my father still thinks it's a phase I'm going through, you really think you're clever don't you?

I was aware of the "Thinking Atheist" from his very profession and rather earnest videos on the YouTube machine but I never realised he had a forum!

So I've been a bit of a duffer in that regard but it's alright now.

I heard about this place whilst lurking over at Suscipe Domine. My word they're a bit uptight, aren't they? They seem to have a real problem with Jews.

And the gays. Which is odd because I was raised a Catholic (and a gay) and I can tell you the Church is just leaking poofs.

Anyway I'm an Australian who lives in Australia which is how things are generally done down here. I'm in New South Wales and sometimes I go to local atheist events which always seem to end up drenched in beer.

Your forum seems very nice. I am sure we'll all have a lovely time. Big Grin

Hoo roo!

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like nooneofconsequence's post
26-10-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: Why do you all hate Jesus?
Welcome to the forum.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
26-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Welcome! Big Grin

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Welcome

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
26-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Max - good of you to show up!

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
26-10-2013, 06:07 PM
I hate Jesus because he grows a nicer beard than I do. Fucker.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like lucradis's post
26-10-2013, 06:07 PM
Personally I think jesus is a dick.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
26-10-2013, 06:10 PM
And to think I thought you were going to be one of "those" and wanted to see the resulting train wreck. You sure can pick a thread name.
Welcome and yes, I too didn't even know there was a forum although was a listener of the podcast. So, what has the Suscipe Domine said about us? Glowing accolades I trustTongue

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
26-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Howdy, Max.

So what did they say about us over there? We can always use a good laugh.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Ta fanx everyone! Smile

(26-10-2013 06:26 PM)Dom Wrote:  Howdy, Max.

So what did they say about us over there? We can always use a good laugh.

(26-10-2013 06:10 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  And to think I thought you were going to be one of "those" and wanted to see the resulting train wreck. You sure can pick a thread name.
Welcome and yes, I too didn't even know there was a forum although was a listener of the podcast. So, what has the Suscipe Domine said about us? Glowing accolades I trustTongue

Well I could tell you or I could let the RadTrads speak for themselves:

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...pic=4011.0

They've worked themselves into quite the lather! Which is their default setting, apparently. o.O

It's 26 pages long and, predictably, grueling stuff. I've managed to struggle through but an oppressive fraction.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.