Why do you all hate Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2013, 12:19 PM
RE: Why do you all hate Jesus?
Welcome InsignificantOne to the pool of insignificance. And thanks for the link to the Catholics. "Atheist forums are hell holes. Self congratulatory ignoramuses high-fiving each other for how rude, obnoxious and immoral they can be. I don't believe a word those snakes say." by Basilious is going into my siggie. Big Grin

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-10-2013, 12:44 PM
(27-10-2013 12:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I don't believe a word those snakes say.

Pity ol' Baz wasn't around to give Eve some good advice Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-10-2013, 12:45 PM
(27-10-2013 05:20 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Welcome to the forum, Max.

Have you tried one of these to cure the problem?

[Image: baby-jesus-butt-plug-r.jpg]

[Image: I_see_what_you_did_there.png]

(27-10-2013 07:39 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Unfortunately, "one of us" is over there, totally utterly unprepared, and they are having him for lunch, and he's so unfamiliar with the issues, and the way they approach them, he probably doesn't even know it. Weeping

Yairs. The poor lad is struggling. I am disappoint. But then these situations are full of old traps for young players.

How hard can it be to deal with folks who think that the best response to any question of substance is a quote from Chesterton, Belloc (or if things are really dire), CS Lewis?

(27-10-2013 08:49 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Welcome to the forums, your avatar cracks me up!

That charming little fellow is the Interpretative Dance Bandicoot! He honours you with a glimpse of his clacker!

(27-10-2013 12:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Welcome InsignificantOne to the pool of insignificance. And thanks for the link to the Catholics. "Atheist forums are hell holes. Self congratulatory ignoramuses high-fiving each other for how rude, obnoxious and immoral they can be. I don't believe a word those snakes say." by Basilious is going into my siggie. Big Grin

And thank you for the welcome. Smile

Normally I wouldn't give the phase-locked troglodytes of SusDom a wider audience but they was talking about y'all. Angry

Basilious is a hoot. He has YEC tendencies among other refreshing traits. He's certainly not the brightest bulb in the otherwise glittering chandelier that is Suscipe Domine.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
[+] 2 users Like nooneofconsequence's post
27-10-2013, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2013 03:09 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(27-10-2013 12:45 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  Normally I wouldn't give the phase-locked troglodytes of SusDom a wider audience but they was talking about y'all. Angry

"Phase-locked" is a perfect descriptor of those so completely lost, wandering in that sinking gargantuan super-structure of poo, that they actually spend hours (lifetimes ??) arguing over whether sedevacantism is true or not. It is actually a VERY tiny little enclave, compared to their competitors.

Edit : One of the most hilarious episodes recently was the argument with Crimson Flyboy, when they said his problem ultimately came down to his (false) baptism in the "Novus Ordo", ((so the magic words didn't really work, (*as if* the creator of the universe were somehow constrained by their little rules, even if done in good faith) even though their own theology declares there to be more than one form of authentic baptism, and his "baptism of desire" should have worked, if the ritual hadn't)), while at the SAME TIME asserting that the deposit of faith, (or at least belief in a god) was accessible by "natural reason". Just a jungle of crap contradictions, and rationalizations. The entire business of Catholic Philosophy and Theology is built on the now debunked business of (ancient) Greek "Idealism". There is objective reality. There is no "ideal" Reality, apart from the concepts that human brains have learned and stored, and reference continually in memory, in human brain structures. 5 minutes in any hospital MRI/PET scan Department is all that's needed to let the air out of that centuries-old pile of dung.

Then there is their entire section called "Sacred Sciences", (Philosophy and Theology), an oxymoron is there ever was one. Many Catholic fundies preach against "Scientism", yet in 2013, to be considered valid, even these people do homage to the scientific method by the need to reference it, (however incorrectly). One of them is always talking about "scientific logic". He/she has never once proposed and experiment. To them all I simply ask, "And what exactly is your null hypothesis" ? Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-10-2013, 01:25 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2013 01:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-10-2013 01:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-10-2013 12:45 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  Normally I wouldn't give the phase-locked troglodytes of SusDom a wider audience but they was talking about y'all. Angry

"Phase-locked" is a perfect descriptor of those so completely lost, wandering in that sinking gargantuan super-structure of poo, that they actually spend hours (lifetimes ??) arguing over whether sedevacantism is true or not. It is actually a VERY tiny little enclave, compared to their competitors.

Deer caught in the headlights phenomenon.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
27-10-2013, 01:43 PM
(27-10-2013 01:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Miniscule yet fascinating to watch in their natural habitat. ^_^

Quite amusing too when they fulminate about the "schismatics" that make up the Orthodox churches. Orthodox separation from the See of Rome for disputing various Ecumenical Councils is not on but repudiating Vatican II is not just ok but a moral imperative.

(For the record in rejecting V2 sedes deny the infallibility of the magisterium and are excommunicants themselves under the provisions of canon 1364 if memory serves).

Even atheists can be properly catechised.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
[+] 1 user Likes nooneofconsequence's post
27-10-2013, 08:47 PM
ANOTHER ONE! Jesus H Christ, why the fuck is there so many Australians?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
27-10-2013, 08:55 PM
(27-10-2013 08:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ANOTHER ONE! Jesus H Christ, why the fuck is there so many Australians?

Because all the Australian atheist forums are filled with humourless cunts. Confused

-- Max

27-10-2013, 09:06 PM
(26-10-2013 06:10 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  And to think I thought you were going to be one of "those" and wanted to see the resulting train wreck. You sure can pick a thread name.
Welcome and yes, I too didn't even know there was a forum although was a listener of the podcast. So, what has the Suscipe Domine said about us? Glowing accolades I trustTongue

Perhaps we would be less reviled there if members from here spoke a little more respectfully about fellow TTA forum members. Seems like it doesn't do much for credibility of TTA or any other Atheist forum to have it's own members talking poorly about the forums. It's one thing to go to those forums and debate, it's another if you decide to go and troll, it's really pretty sad to act like this site is important and then talk badly about it on a theist forum. Doing that only adds to their stance against Atheists.

Pick a side, any side. Just try to be honest somewhere.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
27-10-2013, 09:06 PM
(27-10-2013 08:55 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  
(27-10-2013 08:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ANOTHER ONE! Jesus H Christ, why the fuck is there so many Australians?

Because all the Australian atheist forums are filled with humourless cunts. Confused

-- Max

I believe the PC term for a humorless cunt is an Australian.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post