Why do you all hate Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-10-2013, 10:01 PM
RE: Why do you all hate Jesus?
(27-10-2013 09:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-10-2013 08:55 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  Because all the Australian atheist forums are filled with humourless cunts. Confused

-- Max

I believe the PC term for a humorless cunt is an Australian.

No I think you'll find it's actually New Zealander.

-- Max

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am not afraid to go out of it that way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2013, 10:10 PM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2013 10:23 PM by grizzlysnake.)
(27-10-2013 09:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-10-2013 06:10 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  And to think I thought you were going to be one of "those" and wanted to see the resulting train wreck. You sure can pick a thread name.
Welcome and yes, I too didn't even know there was a forum although was a listener of the podcast. So, what has the Suscipe Domine said about us? Glowing accolades I trustTongue

Perhaps we would be less reviled there if members from here spoke a little more respectfully about fellow TTA forum members. Seems like it doesn't do much for credibility of TTA or any other Atheist forum to have it's own members talking poorly about the forums. It's one thing to go to those forums and debate, it's another if you decide to go and troll, it's really pretty sad to act like this site is important and then talk badly about it on a theist forum. Doing that only adds to their stance against Atheists.

Pick a side, any side. Just try to be honest somewhere.
My dear friend, I can't help to think that was directed at me in someway. Are you suggesting I troll? Or are you offended by a silly joke about "those" who only come here to say we are immoral and must turn to god. Hopefully this is a misunderstanding. PM if you wish to discuss, I rather not do that on an intro thread. Sorry for the inconvenience nooneofconsequence. You seem pretty cool

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
27-10-2013, 11:56 PM
(27-10-2013 10:10 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  
(27-10-2013 09:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Perhaps we would be less reviled there if members from here spoke a little more respectfully about fellow TTA forum members. Seems like it doesn't do much for credibility of TTA or any other Atheist forum to have it's own members talking poorly about the forums. It's one thing to go to those forums and debate, it's another if you decide to go and troll, it's really pretty sad to act like this site is important and then talk badly about it on a theist forum. Doing that only adds to their stance against Atheists.

Pick a side, any side. Just try to be honest somewhere.
My dear friend, I can't help to think that was directed at me in someway. Are you suggesting I troll? Or are you offended by a silly joke about "those" who only come here to say we are immoral and must turn to god. Hopefully this is a misunderstanding. PM if you wish to discuss, I rather not do that on an intro thread. Sorry for the inconvenience nooneofconsequence. You seem pretty cool

I think it's not you Wink Alas, I have read a large chunk of the thread on *their* forum Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-10-2013, 02:03 AM
(27-10-2013 10:01 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  
(27-10-2013 09:06 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I believe the PC term for a humorless cunt is an Australian.

No I think you'll find it's actually New Zealander.

-- Max

Nope, it seems that New Zealander is the vernacular for a sheepshagger.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
28-10-2013, 02:14 AM
I don't asshole.
29-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Re: Why do you all hate Jesus?
Because his "moral guidance" is faulty and very misguided.

There were better prophets of advice before his supposed teachings.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
29-10-2013, 07:21 PM
(29-10-2013 06:53 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Because his "moral guidance" is faulty and very misguided.

There were better prophets of advice before his supposed teachings.

Did you guys actually read the OP? Seems like you didn't.

Anyways. Welcome to TTA nooneofconsequence. Good to have ya. Smile
04-11-2013, 09:47 AM
(26-10-2013 05:22 PM)nooneofconsequence Wrote:  Hello!

I am new here. You can call me Max.

I'm a long term atheist in his late 30s but my father still thinks it's a phase I'm going through, you really think you're clever don't you?

I was aware of the "Thinking Atheist" from his very profession and rather earnest videos on the YouTube machine but I never realised he had a forum!

So I've been a bit of a duffer in that regard but it's alright now.

I heard about this place whilst lurking over at Suscipe Domine. My word they're a bit uptight, aren't they? They seem to have a real problem with Jews.

And the gays. Which is odd because I was raised a Catholic (and a gay) and I can tell you the Church is just leaking poofs.

Anyway I'm an Australian who lives in Australia which is how things are generally done down here. I'm in New South Wales and sometimes I go to local atheist events which always seem to end up drenched in beer.

Your forum seems very nice. I am sure we'll all have a lovely time. Big Grin

Hoo roo!

-- Max

Jesus is a cool guy in my opinion Smile
04-11-2013, 11:32 AM
(27-10-2013 04:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  The quoted post was deleted? Consider

Nah - I put a line through the person's name just in case they came here and became all pissy about using their stage name. And I figured it might deter anyone from going there and reporting that they saw that person's quote being mocked by an atheist on a different forum.

Now that I think on it ... Consider it's up for fair game, I suppose - it is a public forum.

Dunno - I guess I was feeling cautious that day. The few times I'd been to theist forums really made me ill - the blatant racism was profuse and horrific.

I think I'm sheltered here; I probably need to get out more. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post