Why do you desire truth?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2017, 09:22 AM
RE: Why do you desire truth?
(09-05-2017 08:00 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Why do you desire truth?
Because truth represents what is real. I don't want to live in a world of delusions and falsities, I want to cut through the fog and see clearly

(09-05-2017 08:00 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  So how would you explain your desire for truth, in relationship to you being a biological creature, and in particular, in regards to how you might distinguish your desire for truth, from theists, and religious folks in general?
It's the same thing. What does this tell you?

(09-05-2017 08:00 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Why do you personally desire scientific truths, what is this biologically appeasing for you?
I desire truth because for me, truth represents ultimate reality. Not sure it is appeasing anything biological

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like SeaJay's post
11-05-2017, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 10:33 AM by Vera.)
(11-05-2017 08:38 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  If I was an unbeliever all that goes out the window of course, and that's the basis of my question.

No, Brainrot, what goes out the window is the infantile assumption that you're gonna spend eternity in skydaddy's lap (giving Him a lapdance, of course, because that's what the Purpose of life is, for brainless fucks like yourself - pleasuring god)

And if sucking up to a made-up, misogynistic, homophobic, genocidal brute of a sky-monster, cooked up in the darkest and most hateful imaginings of our ignorant bronze-age ancestors, is what gives your life meaning, I pity you from the depth of my non-existent soul.

One thing though - if you're so happy and fulfilled, why do you keep coming here, seeking some fucked-up validation from us? You're never going to get it. Your whole worldview is a vile, unfunny joke and so are you.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
11-05-2017, 10:13 AM
(11-05-2017 08:38 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 11:50 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Why ask us any questions at all if you're not interested in the truth?

I'm personally interested in truth because my religious worldview, has brainwashed me into believing truth is liberation, that truth is good, the source of ultimate meaning and purpose, that it's God himself.
So, why don't we examine where this God of yours is then? Since he's your source of ultimate truth he should exist right? And if he doesn't what does that tell you? Would you like to make a list of all the crimes you'd get up to if you didn't have your security blanket?

Quote:If I was an unbeliever all that goes out the window of course, and that's the basis of my question. As to why an unbeliever such as your would prioritize truth, over your health and happiness, etc...
And we've all answered you multiple times, yet you keep playing games, trying to imply that we must all be immoral monsters because we don't believe in God.

Just because you're too dense to get *why* doesn't mean we have to conform to your ideas for how we should behave in the absence of your shitty deity.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-05-2017, 10:21 AM
Quote:I'm personally interested in truth because my religious worldview, has brainwashed me into believing truth is liberation, that truth is good, the source of ultimate meaning and purpose, that it's God himself.

If I was an unbeliever all that goes out the window of course, and that's the basis of my question. As to why an unbeliever such as your would prioritize truth, over your health and happiness, etc...

[Image: yoda-smell-troll-i-smell-strong-it-is.jpg]

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
11-05-2017, 10:44 AM
(11-05-2017 10:11 AM)Vera Wrote:  No, Brainrot, what goes through the window is the infantile assumption that you're gonna spent eternity in skydaddy's lap (giving Him a lapdance, of course, because that's what the Purpose of life is, for brainless fucks like yourself - pleasuring god)

And if sucking up to a made-up, misogynistic, homophobic, genocidal brute of a sky-monster, cooked up in the darkest and most hateful imaginings of our ignorant bronze-age ancestors, is what gives your life meaning, I pity you from the depth of my non-existent soul.

One thing though - if you're so happy and fulfilled, why do you keep coming here, seeking some fucked-up validation from us? You're never going to get it. Your whole view is a vile, unfunny joke and so are you.

Not sure who you are, or what history we shared so that the distaste could be mutual. I'm assuming I'm some projection for you, for whatever baggage and resentment you carry in your life.

I'm not looking for yours or any other random atheists on the internet's validation, if I were perhaps I would try harder to win fans. I'm here for the same reason I'm interested in people unlike myself in general, as mean to gauge what goes on in others mind so curiously different than my own. It's a pass time, a hobby in between downtime at work, and paying bills, and spending time with my lovely wife.

I also have no desire to shit on you, or turn you into my own private scapegoat. But hey, I hope you feel better.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
11-05-2017, 10:48 AM
I feel like your answer is untruthful. I already gave you a sound biological basis as to why truth is valuable in the animal kingdom and how that's translated over into humans as well, and you totally disregarded it. Others here have done the same. What is your actual endgame?

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
11-05-2017, 10:50 AM
(11-05-2017 10:48 AM)Cosmo Wrote:  I feel like your answer is untruthful. I already gave you a sound biological basis as to why truth is valuable in the animal kingdom and how that's translated over into humans as well, and you totally disregarded it. Others here have done the same. What is your actual endgame?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 5 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
11-05-2017, 10:53 AM
I don't have to "share a history" with a dishonest, passive-aggressive ignoramus like yourself, Tommyrot, to dislike and pity you. Sharing a planet is more than enough for me, thank you very much.

And I refer you to Astreja's post about the pot and the kettle. You've done nothing but shit on and demean people here and "them horrible heathens" in general ever since you decided to pollute this forum with the feces that come out whenever you open your mouth.

No, I don't feel better, 'cause I was feeling great in my meaningless, atheistic life even before I said all this.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 5 users Like Vera's post
11-05-2017, 11:19 AM
Indeed, Tomasia, you are being profoundly disingenuous with your question. You keep on trying to drag us back to a false dichotomy where one must choose between science and happiness.

Virtually everything that I enjoy doing and that adds meaning to my life is rooted somehow in a scientific principle or enhanced by a technology that originated in scientific research. In contrast, religion has not added any unique value at all to my life.

It is my belief that despite your protestations to the contrary, you have come to this forum specifically to annoy non-believers and to play passive-aggressive mind games.

May you lose your faith and never regain it.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Astreja's post
11-05-2017, 11:42 AM
Like I keep saying (because its my new favourite phrase) he wouldn't know the truth if it fucked him in the ass or mouth he quite simply is the premier dishonest poster on TTA. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post