Why do you forum post or blog?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 01:23 AM
Why do you forum post or blog?
Brief question:

What is it that drives all of you to continue posting on forums or posting your blogs or commenting in the comments sections on the internet?

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 01:34 AM
RE: Why do you forum post or blog?
Why do you care?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
23-12-2014, 01:43 AM
(23-12-2014 01:23 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Brief question:

What is it that drives all of you to continue posting on forums or posting your blogs or commenting in the comments sections on the internet?

I have no idea.

Why do you?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-12-2014, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 02:30 AM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
It's a humanitarian thing: People benifit from exposure to my genius.

Edit: Is something still concited if it's said in jest?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 3 users Like Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
23-12-2014, 02:02 AM
(23-12-2014 01:43 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 01:23 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Brief question:

I have no idea.

Why do you?

I suppose I like hammering out thoughts in discussion, or even exploring ideas with people.

By the way, I'm directing this question to all the forums I go to, not just this one.

I asked myself this about a week ago.

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
[+] 1 user Likes LaramieHirsch's post
23-12-2014, 02:11 AM
On this forum?

I reply mainly when the previous post (To which I am replying) seems to be positing something so far removed from what I consider 'normal' or the post seems so far removed from reality.

Or some times for the lulz.... Tongue

Much cheers to all.
23-12-2014, 06:34 AM
Humans are social. Forum = place to shoot the shit. Also easy to introduce yourself and find like-minded people, as compared to real life where for a start you have to be in the same place as them and secondly they look at you funny.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-12-2014, 07:45 AM
(23-12-2014 01:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Why do you care?

Not a cool response.

Just saying.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
23-12-2014, 08:15 AM
(23-12-2014 01:23 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  What is it that drives all of you to continue posting on forums or posting your blogs or commenting in the comments sections on the internet?

Great question, thanks.

For me, I'm a typoholic, addicted to the sound of my own voice. No, wait, I mean I am His Flatulence Sri Baba Bozo and I am a great imaginary sage saving the world from itself and so on. Yea, that.

Almost all my typing is on forums, as there is at least a chance of a sustained discussion on some intelligent topic. I pretty much hate Facebook and Twitter etc, as they seem formats specifically designed to build huge piles of little random nothing comments.

Even though I've been working online for 20 years, I've never really had a real blog, as I am apparently too lazy to do the marketing needed to create an audience, and I'm not that interested in a one-to-many give a speech type format. I like dialog, action, interaction, combat, kiss and make up, back and forth, challenge and counter challenge.

Actually, I just like words. As many as possible it appears. :-)
[+] 1 user Likes Baba Bozo's post
23-12-2014, 08:16 AM
Mostly it's the internet's never ending capacity for smartassery. That side of my personality is not as well received in other spheres of life, lol. My forum use is related to my interests, what I'm looking for is a good community. I was on a guitar forum ten years ago that eventually went under. It was the best group of folks I've stumbled across on the internet, it just had the right vibe. It's like when people tell you they're looking for a "church home," I sort of feel that way about forums. When you find a good one, with a good group of folks the unifying topic isn't as important. This place is really growing on me!
[+] 3 users Like Mr. Boston's post