Why do you forum post or blog?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 08:20 AM
RE: Why do you forum post or blog?
(23-12-2014 01:23 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:  Brief question:

What is it that drives all of you to continue posting on forums or posting your blogs or commenting in the comments sections on the internet?

Because I get bored.

... Plus Atheismo knows I'm not going to get much extended intelligent or interesting conversation with the people in my immediate vicinity.... The insanity of the web is itself a bastion for my own sanity.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
23-12-2014, 08:44 AM
Because...
[Image: duty_calls.png]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 12 users Like yakherder's post
23-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Forums are centered around common interest, and the good ones still allow for lots of different opinions.

You can grow your knowledge on a forum, as well as just see what others think or shoot the shit.

If the forum is a good fit, it's both useful and fun.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
23-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Why do you forum post or blog?
I had the same question so I started a thread on the same topic about a week ago on a different forum.... But I post my reply here... On such a forum one can be real with people they have never met, although one is hesitant to do that in person. There is also curiosity about what others think, interest in certain topics, and finally the opportunity to show concern and love for other people even from afar.
[+] 2 users Like jhayward's post
23-12-2014, 12:17 PM

What is it that drives all of you to continue posting on forums or posting your blogs or commenting in the comments sections on the internet?
I don't know. I just do. I'm addicted.

I went to Posters Anonymous. They wanted me to recognize a higher power. The only higher power I recognize is the I.R.S.

Sapere aude
23-12-2014, 12:42 PM
(23-12-2014 12:17 PM)f stop Wrote:  The only higher power I recognize is the I.R.S.

Or really high up electricity lines.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
23-12-2014, 12:57 PM
(23-12-2014 08:16 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  It's like when people tell you they're looking for a "church home," I sort of feel that way about forums.

Yea, me too. It's a very new environment though that can be confusing for some.

It's absolutely great that you can almost immediately find friends to share a topic together, no matter how obscure the topic might be.

But the friends you make tend to be very very temporary. It's an easy come, easy go type of world. Here today, gone tomorrow, and most likely never thought of again by your fellow posters.

Some people can roll with that, others will feel they've invested a huge amount of time in nothing.
23-12-2014, 01:15 PM
(23-12-2014 10:18 AM)jhayward Wrote:  and finally the opportunity to show concern and love for other people even from afar.

I dig that part. Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes freetoreason's post
23-12-2014, 01:16 PM
Because I dont trust facebook enought to register there.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
23-12-2014, 01:34 PM

I do it because the voices in my head tell me to do it.

Drooling

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post