Why do you forum post or blog?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2014, 01:54 PM
RE: Why do you forum post or blog?
(23-12-2014 12:42 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 12:17 PM)f stop Wrote:  The only higher power I recognize is the I.R.S.

Or really high up electricity lines.
I can deal with electric lines. I can avoid them. But once year the I.R.S. wants to f*** me.

See. I'm doing it again.Frusty

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 02:39 PM by GirlyMan.)
I am here to spread the gospel of Veridicanism. I am the Prophet of the Gordian Knot.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Initially it was mostly to learn and to vent (much safer than Facebook). It's great for social interaction in that I don't have to censor myself and I can just be me - it's very freeing in a world where I have to hide who I am from everyone around me in a time when I've changed so much. I've made some friends along the way, and that's what keeps me coming back. I think my toes are going to give out from walking on eggshells, and then I'll probably need the moral support while I sweep up the inevitable fallout. And after, I'll continue to help others in similar situations.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
23-12-2014, 11:52 PM
(23-12-2014 07:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 01:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Why do you care?

Not a cool response.

Just saying.

Well I'm not sorry for being a bit skeptical and not giving the Pro-Catholic-Monarchy guy the benefit of the doubt here KC.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-12-2014, 12:08 AM
^Wouldn't a Catholic Monarchy just be the Papacy?

OK. I made the joke. Honest answer: Because the discussions are interesting, I generally like the people (or extremely advanced text spewing programs) and it's a pleasent, low-effort, moderate-reward social activity.

I Wrote:It's a humanitarian thing: People benifit from exposure to my genius.

Edit: Is something still concited if it's said in jest?
^That's not entirely untrue. Though the level of self agrandised ego portrayed is inaccurate.
To write something down implies that the ideas are worth recording, or at least worth communicating: So I don't think I can say there isn't a small element of narsisism in being a forumite like this.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
24-12-2014, 01:27 AM
(23-12-2014 11:52 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 07:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not a cool response.

Just saying.

Well I'm not sorry for being a bit skeptical and not giving the Pro-Catholic-Monarchy guy the benefit of the doubt here KC.

Remember when SD acted like this towards me last year? How is your behavior different?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-12-2014, 01:53 AM
(24-12-2014 01:27 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Remember when SD acted like this towards me last year? How is your behavior different?

Dodgy We don't give a shit about Larry, that's the difference. Please stop being holy. It reminds us that you follow a deity.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-12-2014, 02:10 AM
(24-12-2014 01:27 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 11:52 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well I'm not sorry for being a bit skeptical and not giving the Pro-Catholic-Monarchy guy the benefit of the doubt here KC.

Remember when SD acted like this towards me last year? How is your behavior different?

1 - It's based off of his previous posts, I'm not just acting without cause.

2 - I'm certainly not going to ban his ass, nor is anyone else who actually can, nor will he be censored and prevented from asking that question or receiving answers to it.

3 - Everyone else answered his question anyways, so I think he'll manage to survive one skeptic on the forum.

4 - I assume that you actually answered queries into your motivation for posting and positing your questions, while I have yet to be graced with an answer to mine.

5 - That being said, I asked my question and left it at that. I did not continue to badger him for not responding. As of yet, the only person to take note of my post, appears to be you.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-12-2014, 02:16 AM
(24-12-2014 02:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  1 - It's based off of his previous posts, I'm not just acting without cause.

2 - I'm certainly not going to ban his ass, nor is anyone else who actually can, nor will he be censored and prevented from asking that question or receiving answers to it.

3 - Everyone else answered his question anyways, so I think he'll manage to survive one skeptic on the forum.

4 - I assume that you actually answered queries into your motivation for posting and positing your questions, while I have yet to be graced with an answer to mine.

5 - That being said, I asked my question and left it at that. I did not continue to badger him for not responding. As of yet, the only person to take note of my post, appears to be you.

Fair enough

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-12-2014, 02:38 AM
I post here because I have no friends. Weeping

And this is a great way to maintain that status.

Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post