Why do you forum post or blog?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-12-2014, 02:39 AM
RE: Why do you forum post or blog?
(24-12-2014 02:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I post here because I have no friends. Weeping

And this is a great way to maintain that status.

Hobo

I'll be your "friend".

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-12-2014, 02:41 AM
(24-12-2014 02:39 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 02:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I post here because I have no friends. Weeping

And this is a great way to maintain that status.

Hobo

I'll be your "friend".

Lies. He has plenty of friends with benefits, so he doesn't need another... Dodgy

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
24-12-2014, 03:49 AM
For a slightly different perspective...

All forums I belong to serve different functions. A guitar forum I belong to is simply a place for me to learn and share info about the guitar. This forum allows me to learn about the counterarguments to theism.

Occasionally, I find a forum where there is a secondary benefit, such as friendship. I can't say this forum has offered that yet (too soon and I'm too shy) but one secondary benefit is that it helps me gain a better sense of the size, vibrancy and conviction of the atheist community. This gives me a strange sense of hope that my son (or his children, should he choose to have some) may yet grow to see a world where humans take full credit and responsibility for their choices, rather than co-opting a make believe fairytale.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 2 users Like gofish!'s post
26-12-2014, 11:52 PM
(24-12-2014 02:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 01:27 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Remember when SD acted like this towards me last year? How is your behavior different?

4 - I assume that you actually answered queries into your motivation for posting and positing your questions, while I have yet to be graced with an answer to mine.

5 - That being said, I asked my question and left it at that. I did not continue to badger him for not responding. As of yet, the only person to take note of my post, appears to be you.

I already sort of answered these questions in reply #5.

I had a moment where I wondered how I got into posting on forums in the first place, and I thought I'd ask folks the same question on other forums I've been to.

The general trend seems to be this: a person has a question they would like answered by a certain community, or they just want to find a community of like-minded people. They join up, and after a long while, they become sort of addicted to posting their thoughts.

I suppose the above describes me, pretty much. Plus, like I said before, at this point I like exploring ideas with people. But you can't always explore a subject if you're locked into one group of people who cannot think outside of the box.

One of my favorite replies was this:

Q: "Why do you post?"
A: "Because I lack the discipline not to."

-

Excl On the ignore list: Taqiyya Mockingbird, Minimalist, DemonicLemon, GirlyMan, WhiskeyDebates, and EvolutionKills.
-
26-12-2014, 11:56 PM
(23-12-2014 07:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 01:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Why do you care?

Not a cool response.

Just saying.

It's a perfectly valid question given that the OP provided zero context. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-12-2014, 02:38 AM
(26-12-2014 11:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-12-2014 07:45 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Not a cool response.

Just saying.

It's a perfectly valid question given that the OP provided zero context. Drinking Beverage

and hasn't replied since Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
27-12-2014, 03:13 AM
Because I want to find my one true love.

U_u'

Jokes aside, I am a social individual, I like interactions with people and I find the topics surrounding atheism and theism quite fascinating.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]