"Why do you hate God?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2013, 03:06 PM
"Why do you hate God?"
Got this one twice today during two different conversations...

How can you hate something that isn't there? How can you hate something that doesn't exist TO hate? ConsiderShocking I just don't get how so many theists can easily glance over basic logic... SadcryfaceAngry

Censored
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: "Why do you hate God?"
(21-11-2013 03:06 PM)irpglick Wrote:  Got this one twice today during two different conversations...

How can you hate something that isn't there? How can you hate something that doesn't exist TO hate? ConsiderShocking I just don't get how so many theists can easily glance over basic logic... SadcryfaceAngry
Maybe they've been to sites like this, and seen atheists spending precious time arguing that god would be worthy of hatred if he did exist.
Find all posts by this user
21-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Reminds me on

"Why... do you hate.. God!"
Sorta catchy now Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Ronga23's post
21-11-2013, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2013 03:30 PM by IndianAtheist.)
What did you expect from deluded,brainwashed people ?
(21-11-2013 03:21 PM)Ronga23 Wrote:  Reminds me on

Sorta catchy now Tongue
Wow what a pathetic attempt at strawmanning atheists .
[+] 1 user Likes IndianAtheist's post
21-11-2013, 03:29 PM
"He's an absentee Parent. Utter Deadbeat. He never writes, He never calls, He provides no support for His children. I could sure use Him around to break up their squabbling, but does He lift a single omnipotent Finger? NO! He barely gives a Goddamn about them... though He does give a lot of those. So I hear. I never see Hide nor Hair of Him personally, and I'm starting to wonder if He even exists!" Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
21-11-2013, 03:36 PM
(21-11-2013 03:24 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  What did you expect from deluded,brainwashed people ?
(21-11-2013 03:21 PM)Ronga23 Wrote:  Reminds me on

Sorta catchy now Tongue
Wow what a pathetic attempt at strawmanning atheists .

I consider watching it, it must have some comedy value in it, lol Tongue
21-11-2013, 03:36 PM
Some religious people just cannot fathom anyone not believing in thier god. Therefore, to them, you are just in rebellion and hate thier god. My favorite thing these people do is bring up Satan. I have taken to telling them that I do not beileve in thier invisible friend so I certainly don't beilieve in his. It usually gets my point across and they give up on me.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
21-11-2013, 03:38 PM
(21-11-2013 03:06 PM)irpglick Wrote:  Got this one twice today during two different conversations...

More germane, then. Why do you hate Christians?

And please don't deny it, remember, I read other threads around here, atheists.
21-11-2013, 03:42 PM
(21-11-2013 03:36 PM)Ronga23 Wrote:  I consider watching it, it must have some comedy value in it, lol Tongue
Humor has to be clever&satirical in order to be funny,religious people are terrible at grasping logic let alone cracking a joke.

Unless you enjoy movies like "The room" you won't really like this.
21-11-2013, 03:45 PM
I don't hate god. I hate that people use god as an excuse for say, beating their baby or any other myriad of often preceirved pious rationale. Wars begun because god said start a war...Refuse to fill a prescription drug...murder an abortion doctor.

It's the ultimate excuse. I call it the god excuse. I can't hate something that doesn't exist but I can look harshly upon the people who do shameful things in his name.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  You CAN hate someone who does not exist! Shadow Fox 34 371 19-08-2014 03:28 PM
Last Post: JDog554
  Is it wrong to hate religion? CleverUsername 66 1,268 07-07-2014 02:29 PM
Last Post: Revenant77x
  A Perfect Example Of Religious Hate And The Bullshit Free Pass Our Society Gives It WindyCityJazz 87 1,289 24-06-2014 08:30 PM
Last Post: WindyCityJazz
  So the human authors of the bible hate knowledge... Forthright Atheist 2 99 11-06-2014 12:21 PM
Last Post: Airportkid
  One of many reasons why I hate religion. JDog554 13 405 05-06-2014 03:14 PM
Last Post: Hafnof
  How much hate would I get writing a book with a secular history of the bible Aleprauchanist 19 265 04-03-2014 03:26 PM
Last Post: Brian37
  Do you also hate/love Bill O'Reilly????? netninja 68 1,224 03-03-2014 02:17 PM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird