"Why do you hate God?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2013, 12:08 AM
RE: "Why do you hate God?"
(21-11-2013 03:19 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 03:06 PM)irpglick Wrote:  Got this one twice today during two different conversations...

How can you hate something that isn't there? How can you hate something that doesn't exist TO hate? ConsiderShocking I just don't get how so many theists can easily glance over basic logic... SadcryfaceAngry
Maybe they've been to sites like this, and seen atheists spending precious time arguing that god would be worthy of hatred if he did exist.

I don't hate any god. But then, I didn't have my mind raped by religion by the time I could walk either. Probably a circumstantial thing, huh? Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
22-11-2013, 01:22 AM
(21-11-2013 03:06 PM)irpglick Wrote:  Got this one twice today during two different conversations...

How can you hate something that isn't there? How can you hate something that doesn't exist TO hate? ConsiderShocking I just don't get how so many theists can easily glance over basic logic... SadcryfaceAngry
I don't hate God but ...

Some say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice Is also great
And would suffice. -- Robert Frost
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
22-11-2013, 09:59 AM
(21-11-2013 03:38 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  

More germane, then. Why do you hate Christians?

And please don't deny it, remember, I read other threads around here, atheists.

I don't hate my Christian mom, my Christian friends, my Mormon friends, my Jewish friends, or any other faith. I don't hate any of the theists on this site. Hate is a toxic emotion that only affects the hater. I don't need hate in my life.

I dislike people using a 2,000 year-old patchwork book to justify sexual discrimination, genocide, and child-abuse, among other things. If you came up to me in person and said 'Hey, I'm PJ and I believe in god' I wouldn't have a negative reaction. If you came up to me and said 'You should switch your toddler across the back of the legs if she tries to climb the stairs... remember that it's only abuse if it leaves a mark for over 24 hours' I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, regardless of your religion.

And I wouldn't feel one bit bad about it.

...it would rather be a man... [who] plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them with aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.
22-11-2013, 03:35 PM
(21-11-2013 06:33 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Why do I hate god ?

My response

You tell me why you hate all the other gods you don't have a belief in first.
And secondly, why are you accusing me of having hatred in my heart.
I'm a loving person. I don't have time for hate, so stop lying about the nature of my emotions.
Lying is a tool of the devil. Isn't that what you believe ?

Are you a tool of the devil or just an arrogant tool ?

I'm likely the same as you, in that I hate falsity.

"I hate every false way, because I cling to your word." - Psalm 119

The main reason I trusted Jesus years ago wasn't Heaven, Hell or my sin. It was because I saw truth in the Bible and felt I had to adhere to it to remain truthful myself. The power of Christianity is not faith but its truth.

I don't think atheists hate God. How can you hate something you push so far down in your mind it's repressed? It tends only to make self-hate bubble to the surface.
22-11-2013, 03:36 PM
(22-11-2013 09:59 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(21-11-2013 03:38 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  More germane, then. Why do you hate Christians?

And please don't deny it, remember, I read other threads around here, atheists.

I don't hate my Christian mom, my Christian friends, my Mormon friends, my Jewish friends, or any other faith. I don't hate any of the theists on this site. Hate is a toxic emotion that only affects the hater. I don't need hate in my life.

I dislike people using a 2,000 year-old patchwork book to justify sexual discrimination, genocide, and child-abuse, among other things. If you came up to me in person and said 'Hey, I'm PJ and I believe in god' I wouldn't have a negative reaction. If you came up to me and said 'You should switch your toddler across the back of the legs if she tries to climb the stairs... remember that it's only abuse if it leaves a mark for over 24 hours' I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, regardless of your religion.

Can we not stay on the main point of any thread, atheists? I don't switch my toddler. They were spanked. And not on the legs, or the soft behind.

Your post is in front of me, soon it will be behind me. But thanks for clarifying that you don't hate religious people, just people who cling to the Bible as true. That will help the Lord sort out the desires of your heart later.
22-11-2013, 03:37 PM
(22-11-2013 03:36 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 09:59 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I don't hate my Christian mom, my Christian friends, my Mormon friends, my Jewish friends, or any other faith. I don't hate any of the theists on this site. Hate is a toxic emotion that only affects the hater. I don't need hate in my life.

Can we not stay on the main point of any thread, atheists? I don't switch my toddler. They were spanked. And not on the legs, or the soft behind.

Your post is in front of me, soon it will be behind me. But thanks for clarifying that you don't hate religious people, just people who cling to the Bible as true. That will help the Lord sort out the desires of your heart later.

Just reread my own post. I sound like a troll!
24-11-2013, 07:42 AM
(22-11-2013 03:37 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Just reread my own post. I sound like a troll!
Still waiting for your justification for holocaust and all the unnecessary suffering.
24-11-2013, 08:00 AM
(22-11-2013 03:36 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 09:59 AM)guitar_nut Wrote:  I don't hate my Christian mom, my Christian friends, my Mormon friends, my Jewish friends, or any other faith. I don't hate any of the theists on this site. Hate is a toxic emotion that only affects the hater. I don't need hate in my life.

Just a heads-up (many nasty adjectives for you forthcoming ).....
"the Lord" - if as all powerful a God as you'd like to profess and believe BE a true entity --- he does NOT need YOU to arrogantly parade around websites giving advice about how he will sort out the human heart.

You soooo need to just shut up.Argue

and I've been here -? What a week or so? LMAO
GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I share my now famous atheist line with this website:

Atheists don't hate Christians. Atheists hate stupid!

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 3 users Like WitchSabrina's post
24-11-2013, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 24-11-2013 08:21 AM by houseofcantor.)
[Image: hF514DF55]

Lolz. The terms are incompatible. Theists continually demonstrate the depth of their investment in the fabricated identity of "what god should be" with these asinine queries and proclamations.

(24-11-2013 08:00 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 03:36 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Can we not stay on the main point of any thread, atheists?

You soooo need to just shut up.Argue

Why yes, yes he does. Thumbsup

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
24-11-2013, 08:26 AM
(24-11-2013 08:18 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  [Image: hF514DF55]

Lolz. The terms are incompatible. Theists continually demonstrate the depth of their investment in the fabricated identity of "what god should be" with these asinine queries and proclamations.

(24-11-2013 08:00 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  You soooo need to just shut up.Argue

Why yes, yes he does. Thumbsup

[Image: Watching.gif]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post