Why do you play violent games?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2012, 08:29 AM
RE: Why do you play violent games?
LostLocke beat me to it. Thumbsup

I play games that have violence in. Not all of the games I have played in the past and play now have violence in.

Is the next question gonna be why do you watch violent movies Drinking Beverage

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Pixels do not equate to a flesh and blood person. Seriously, video games are not real and should not impact real life. Some people just can't see the difference.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
24-10-2012, 01:24 PM
I am not playing a game because it is violent, I play a game because I like it.
Diablo for example is very violent in my opinon, but I love the grafics and the game play. Having a white unicorn hop around a rainbow and catching hearts with a butterfly as companion could probably be great in grafics and game play, too, but I would probably not like the story....

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
24-10-2012, 01:28 PM
For the practice.

[Image: opforum1.png]
24-10-2012, 01:35 PM
(20-10-2012 08:42 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I play violent video games because I hate the way our society works and it is my stress release. We have some of the dumbest people in control and without being able to play violent games and toss out the rules for a while, I might just go insane. Just curious what everyone else sees in violent games.

Really? That seems, uh, awkward.

Are you saying that people in control (politicians, parents, employers, priests?) are so dumb that you might go insane and only violent video games are keeping you sane?

If the first half of that is true, then you should seek therapy about your unstable mental capacity and your predilection towards insanity and the danger you're facing with regard to slipping into insanity.

If the second half is true and that the only way you can avoid slipping into insanity is by immersing yourself in fantasy violence, well, that's probably therapy-worthy too.

So I'll just assume you're exaggerating on both counts?

To answer your question, I play all kinds of video games. The Sims, Bejeweled, Civilization, Fritz Chess, Online Poker, Freecell, Everquest, etc. I also play violent games like Borderlands, Dead Space, Modern Warfare, etc. It's fun. I enjoy games. Violence in some of them is just part of those games, but it's not required for me to enjoy games (or stay sane) and I don't seek out violent games or even have a preference for them, but I still enjoy them if the game itself is good.

In short, I enjoy video games and some of them happen to be violent, some don't, and the question of their violence is not relevant to my enjoyment of the game.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
[+] 1 user Likes Aseptic Skeptic's post
24-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Because I'm an apex predator. I mean, duh. Big Grin

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-10-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm playing Risk right now.. does that count?

What counts as a violent game? I play Risk because I want to know how to rule the world via dice. Most other games I play because of the storyline or growth ability and not all are violent.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
25-10-2012, 06:34 AM
Because the funniest part of building a card castle is blowing it down Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
25-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Why do you play violent games?
(25-10-2012 06:34 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Because the funniest part of building a card castle is blowing it down Big Grin

You said blowing. Laughat

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
25-10-2012, 09:20 AM
(25-10-2012 09:06 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-10-2012 06:34 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Because the funniest part of building a card castle is blowing it down Big Grin

You said blowing. Laughat

and you noticed Wink

[Image: sigvacachica.png]