Why do you play violent games?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2013, 10:02 AM
On another note, games like the Arma series can teach not only how challenging real combat can be, but also how dangerous. It has given me a new perspective on what our armed forces to through.

Yes, I realize I still can't fully appreciate the trauma they experience. But I have an understanding that's at least clearer than someone who thinks Battlefield 3 is an accurate representation of modern combat.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013, 10:13 AM
RE: Why do you play violent games?
B....bb....bilbo?! Weeping *rocks in corner*

I do think games bring out hidden aspects of you. Some people apparently like to torture and play god.

[My favourite games are of the elderscrolls series. (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, etc) and I've noticed my absolute favourite thing to do is steal everything in sight, pickpocket, plot ways to get the "big goods", join and run the thieves guild etc.

In my average normal life I'd never do such a thing, but apparently in my sub-conscious I want to be part of Oceans 11

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
[+] 3 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
10-02-2013, 10:51 AM
(10-02-2013 10:13 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  my absolute favourite thing to do is steal everything in sight, pickpocket, plot ways to get the "big goods", join and run the thieves guild etc.
So, the truth comes out at last... you are this kind of hobbit, eh?

[Image: gollum-o.gif]

(Have you tried the Thief games? You get to snitch stuff to your heart's content)

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
10-02-2013, 10:57 AM
(10-02-2013 10:51 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 10:13 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  my absolute favourite thing to do is steal everything in sight, pickpocket, plot ways to get the "big goods", join and run the thieves guild etc.
So, the truth comes out at last... you are this kind of hobbit, eh?

[Image: gollum-o.gif]

(Have you tried the Thief games? You get to snitch stuff to your heart's content)
Yes Precious I has played Thief Deadly Shadows. Amazing game hobbitses.

(btw thats the most awesome gif I've seen on this forum Wink )

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
10-02-2013, 05:55 PM
The alternative would seem like games with horrible worlds and graphics, and without very much action and entertainment-- think Nintendo Wii, minus Super Mario.

You can go without incredible graphics, and have good boards and entertainment, or you can go with incredible graphics, where you don't get much action, but at the end of the day, I think graphics, levels and action are what people are looking for in games; and it's very difficult, if not impossible, to get all in a game, without incorporating at least some violent elements.

It is called a first-person shooter.

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
11-02-2013, 10:02 AM
I also have done this over the weekend, just to take my anger out:
-go into Belethor's General Goods store in Whiterun
-ransack the place and steal everything
-kill Belethor
-and then later on when I want to buy shit.. I reload and then sell my shit and then do it all again.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-02-2013, 06:30 PM
It's relaxing to kill someone once in a while and since killing real people isn't a good option right now I play violent games
[+] 1 user Likes Rosetta's post
16-02-2013, 09:31 PM
(10-02-2013 10:57 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yes Precious I has played Thief Deadly Shadows.
Deadly Shadows? Get out of here. Angry

Thief II: The Metal Age is hands-down one of the best games I've ever played. Bowing

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
17-02-2013, 02:42 AM
(16-02-2013 09:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(10-02-2013 10:57 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Yes Precious I has played Thief Deadly Shadows.
Deadly Shadows? Get out of here. Angry

Thief II: The Metal Age is hands-down one of the best games I've ever played. Bowing

I concur.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
06-06-2013, 12:08 PM
TRUE VAULT HUNTER MODE ON BORDERLANDS 2

GAWD

DAYUM

Kicks my ass sometimes. And the Ultimate Vault Hunter mode that comes with the Dlc is even more ridiculous. It's like 2kgames wanted to make a game difficulty that was so impossible, it'd give teenagers the stress health and brain ulcers of an 80 year old.

Violence is a great way to rage out and relax... If you don't rage too hard you quit and throw your controller at your TV screen.

Then you get grounded for a month and your mom sells your console. That's never rad.

(12-11-2011 08:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  "Love is merely chemistry" is a deception. We are merely chemistry. Love makes us master chemists.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Suggest Puzzle games JaniceGalindo 9 126 30-06-2014 10:14 AM
Last Post: Roger_the_alien
  Difficult Games That Made You Scream! Elskidor 80 844 15-06-2014 12:12 AM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  It's getting harder and harder to find good games. Help? undergroundp 42 952 10-06-2014 08:03 PM
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Suggest some games to try. Sam 55 580 08-06-2014 05:35 AM
Last Post: Free Thought
Wink Honest Trailers: Now Doing Games EvolutionKills 2 91 11-05-2014 08:57 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Nostalgic Video games. Metazoa Zeke 42 413 08-04-2014 11:54 PM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Best DLC`s and Expantion Packs for Games The Germans are coming 20 654 03-02-2014 01:34 PM
Last Post: EvolutionKills