Why do you want god to exist?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
23-02-2014, 12:17 AM
RE: Why do you want god to exist?
(23-02-2014 12:12 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 12:01 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Well if you gonna make something up it should fit with the universe were living in.
If god made paradise and you are gonna go there why did he made this planet with diseases on it?
And what do you have to do to go to heaven? Cause if we all go to heaven no matter what then what are we doing here?

I'm not going to start arguing the logic of something I don't believe in.

The question was "why do you want god to exist". I responded because there's a small part of me that wants God to exist. I don't think he does, it's only a want. All these questions are part of the reason why it's only a want, and not a belief.

Yes but if you want this kind of god to exist it would have implications. Because if god does exist he does have SOMETHING to do with current state of affairs.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-02-2014, 12:28 AM
(23-02-2014 12:17 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 12:12 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I'm not going to start arguing the logic of something I don't believe in.

The question was "why do you want god to exist". I responded because there's a small part of me that wants God to exist. I don't think he does, it's only a want. All these questions are part of the reason why it's only a want, and not a belief.

Yes but if you want this kind of god to exist it would have implications. Because if god does exist he does have SOMETHING to do with current state of affairs.

Ok, maybe it would be more accurate to just say "I want paradise to exist" instead then. I do fully recognize that any and all gods I know of would need be absolutely horrible if they existed.
23-02-2014, 12:49 AM
(23-02-2014 12:28 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 12:17 AM)donotwant Wrote:  Yes but if you want this kind of god to exist it would have implications. Because if god does exist he does have SOMETHING to do with current state of affairs.

Ok, maybe it would be more accurate to just say "I want paradise to exist" instead then. I do fully recognize that any and all gods I know of would need be absolutely horrible if they existed.

So you just want to go to a happy land.
I also want to go to happy land. But we are talking about God in our universe. You don't want one to exist?
23-02-2014, 12:55 AM
(23-02-2014 12:49 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 12:28 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Ok, maybe it would be more accurate to just say "I want paradise to exist" instead then. I do fully recognize that any and all gods I know of would need be absolutely horrible if they existed.

So you just want to go to a happy land.
I also want to go to happy land. But we are talking about God in our universe. You don't want one to exist?

Out of the ones already being presented, no. I answered the thread a bit too quickly, I guess, didn't completely think things through.
23-02-2014, 12:56 AM
(23-02-2014 12:55 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 12:49 AM)donotwant Wrote:  So you just want to go to a happy land.

Out of the ones already being presented, no. I answered the thread a bit too quickly, I guess, didn't completely think things through.

So you want to be happy but you want god to not exist?
23-02-2014, 12:58 AM
(23-02-2014 12:56 AM)donotwant Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 12:55 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Out of the ones already being presented, no. I answered the thread a bit too quickly, I guess, didn't completely think things through.

So you want to be happy but you want god to not exist?

I guess.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
23-02-2014, 12:59 AM
(23-02-2014 12:58 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(23-02-2014 12:56 AM)donotwant Wrote:  So you want to be happy but you want god to not exist?

I guess.

Good boy! Thumbsup
23-02-2014, 01:07 AM
(22-02-2014 10:41 PM)donotwant Wrote:  These are questions for the people who want god to exist.
  1. Why do you want God to exist?
  2. Why is universe with God in it better then the one without a God in it?
  3. If God created this universe what does that tell us about him?

Isn't it pretty much obvious why people latch onto this idea? It's because few of us want to die, and supernatural ideas promise escape form it. If we all lived forever, who would give a crap about gods or any other religious concepts, excpt for any that perhaps aid in living happier.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.