Why does God have a desire or any emotions for that matter ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2013, 03:08 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 07:56 AM by IndianAtheist.)
RE: Why does God have a desire or any emotions for that matter ?
(20-12-2013 11:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  May be they are not only for this purpose?
Well what other purpose is there to attribute human qualities to a Godly being ?
Quote:Love makes Him happy.
Why does God need happiness ? he's beyond the cycle of life here on earth there's no point for God to have any emotions.

happiness keeps us alive and helps in maintaining our mental health but God doesn't need that does he ? God doesn't have to live,perhaps there's no point for life if there's no death!
Quote:"Anger of God" is term that prophets sometimes use for term "Justice of God".
Nope not really many of the Christian fundamentalists make it sound like God has emotions.

And besides why is God is so self righteous anyway ? there's no point in being self righteous when you're an eternal being. its just tyrannical to be self righteous at this point.

This video shows how silly christian God's "justice" really is

Quote:He doesn't need it. I need it.
Emm.. that doesn't seem like the case at all if you don't accept jesus Christ as you savior and follow his rules you Go to hell.. and if you don't accept allah you go to hell and so on and so forth.

Basically if you don't drop your rationality and reason and accept bizarre unscientific stories you cannot achieve enlightenment and salvation.

Its like as if God WANTS everyone to do something otherwise he punishes them.. so why does God "Want" something ?

We want things because they are useful to us in our life what use is psychological control for an all powerful cosmic being ?
Quote:He doesn't want and He doesn't need it. Life sacrifice was just a reminder that He will sacrifice His Son. Just a reminder that we need.
Eh.. why does he need to sacrifice his son ? WHY ?
Quote:He loves Justice.
Egh.. do you understand that i'm asking WHY HE HAS EMOTIONS IN THE FIRST PLACE ?

saying "he loves" doesn't make any sense because God is NOT human and he doesn't have any purpose for them whatsoever.

Quote:But to be short - He wants to have His children.
Why does he need children ?? we humans and other organisms have offsprings so that we can prosper our species.. God doesn't have any problem because he's eternal thus there's no logical need for him to have offsprings.
Quote: Without children God can not progress in eternity.
How do you know that and why is that so ?
Quote:You have wrong idea about God of this world.
... well i'm of course talking about the man-made Gods A.K.A all the abhramic religions,Hinduism and etc etc
[Image: 57b.jpg]
Just add all the commandments and it would still make just as much sense.
Quote:Hmmm. "He can't get angry". How about He CAN but doesn't have a desire to be angry?
He can't have a desire either.... when you have EVERYTHING how can you have a desire for anything ? you know the more i argue about omnipotence and ominscience the more i realize that God has no freedom.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like IndianAtheist's post
21-12-2013, 07:21 AM
(20-12-2013 11:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  Love makes Him happy.

He loves Justice.

Without children God can not progress in eternity.

You have wrong idea about God of this world.

"He can't get angry". How about He CAN but doesn't have a desire to be angry?

You keep making assertions like those above. You cannot possibly know that these are true. Or false. Or anything.

You are just making things up. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-12-2013, 07:45 AM
It's the job of the prophet to give identity to god, so anybody flapping their gums along these lines are speaking of prophecy, not god.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2013, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 08:20 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(20-12-2013 11:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(20-12-2013 07:41 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  When people say something like "You've made God angry" or "God's commands it" it just comes off very as rather silly in the hindsight.

I just don't see the logic in anthropomorphizing God with little investigation we can easily conclude that the emotions we have are nothing than self-regulated mechanisms for keeping us healthy and alive that's it there's no other logical purpose for it other than our survival.. so why does God have that ?
May be they are not only for this purpose?

(20-12-2013 07:41 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  What use is anger or love for God ? why does he have them anyway ?
Love makes Him happy.
"Anger of God" is term that prophets sometimes use for term "Justice of God".

(20-12-2013 07:41 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Why does he needs us to pray ? What use of it is for him ??
He doesn't need it. I need it.

(20-12-2013 07:41 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Why does he want life sacrifices ? What use of it is for him ??
He doesn't want and He doesn't need it. Life sacrifice was just a reminder that He will sacrifice His Son. Just a reminder that we need.

(20-12-2013 07:41 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Why does he judge humans ? What use of it is for him ??
He loves Justice.

(20-12-2013 07:41 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  perhaps why did he makes humans in the first place ? that would suggest that he had a desire for something which is self-contradictory.
It is a long story. I am trying to explain to RobbyPants.
But to be short - He wants to have His children. Children are BLESSING and His heritage. Without children God can not progress in eternity.

(20-12-2013 07:41 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  God is like an ocean and anything else in the universe is like little droplets of rain drops in comparison,it makes 0% of sense for God to have a Desire for ANYTHING let alone obsessing over one particular piece of rock for no apparent reason.
You have wrong idea about God of this world.

(20-12-2013 07:41 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  God cannot be "Angry" because he has omnipotence&omniscience humans and other animals get angry when they can't get to do something whereas God doesn't need to do jackshit because he's God.
Hmmm. "He can't get angry". How about He CAN but doesn't have a desire to be angry?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-12-2013, 08:18 AM
Because man made it in His Own Image.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
21-12-2013, 10:43 AM
(21-12-2013 12:50 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(20-12-2013 11:03 PM)Alla Wrote:  He doesn't want and He doesn't need it. Life sacrifice was just a reminder that He will sacrifice His Son.

Curious.

So God does not want or need a life sacrifice, but did (according to you) life sacrifice his son while simultaneously not WANTING to sacrifice his son and not NEEDING to life sacrifice his son.

I'm curious as to WHY he life sacrificed his son if he neither wanted to or needed to. What was his motivation is at that point?

Jesus Christ(God Son) didn't have to be killed(life sacrifice) and suffer on the cross in order to atone for us/save us from death and sins. Jesus atoned(took our sins upon Himself) in Gethsemane.
Fall happened in the Garden of Eden. Restitution or Atonement happened in the Garden of Gethsemane.
God Heavenly Father knew(predicted very well) that God Son would be killed. That is why He commanded to make animal sacrifice only TO REMIND house of Israel(God's covenant people) that His Son will die. That was the sacrifice that God Father HAD to make.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
21-12-2013, 10:48 AM
(21-12-2013 01:11 AM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 01:06 AM)Chippy Wrote:  No, that doesn't make sense. If God is omnipotent he is entirely unrestricted. If it is true that "Without children God can not progress in eternity" who established that rule?

I'd like to add my own question if I may: If God needs children to progress through eternity how did he progress through the part of eternity before he had children?
He God Father progressed by learning how to become God. It was a long process. He also had to be born on the planet like our Earth, to obtain physical body and learn about good and evil like/be tested.
By the way God Son Jesus Christ or Jehovah did the same thing.
Jesus/God Son said that He was doing here on Earth everything what He saw His Father was doing.
All earthly things are in image and likeness of heavenly things. What you are learning now Gods were learning long, long, long time ago.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
21-12-2013, 11:02 AM
(20-12-2013 07:41 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  When people say something like "You've made God angry" or "God's commands it" it just comes off very as rather silly in the hindsight.

I just don't see the logic in anthropomorphizing God with little investigation we can easily conclude that the emotions we have are nothing than self-regulated mechanisms for keeping us healthy and alive that's it there's no other logical purpose for it other than our survival.. so why does God have that ?

What use is anger or love for God ? why does he have them anyway ?

Why does he needs us to pray ? What use of it is for him ??

Why does he want life sacrifices ? What use of it is for him ??

Why does he judge humans ? What use of it is for him ??

perhaps why did he makes humans in the first place ? that would suggest that he had a desire for something which is self-contradictory.

God is like an ocean and anything else in the universe is like little droplets of rain drops in comparison,it makes 0% of sense for God to have a Desire for ANYTHING let alone obsessing over one particular piece of rock for no apparent reason.

God cannot be "Angry" because he has omnipotence&omniscience humans and other animals get angry when they can't get to do something whereas God doesn't need to do jackshit because he's God.

(Please excuse me, incoming response after the bitterness of being raised in a fundamentalist church)

Because he's god! He can do whatever the fuck he wants, bitch! And we don't have to understand it cause we're lowly humans and shouldn't lean on our own understanding!

Pretty much what I would've said when I was a christian. Seriously, trying to understand the characters in any religious text is impossible. As Rob said
Quote:It's just more evidence that God is a bunch of bronze age mythology that was modified countless times since. When people add to or change the story, they don't realize all the implications of those changes to the rest of the story.
So yeah, you gotta understand that god was made in man's image, in a time of less understanding. So, cool. [Image: qsbD4IG.gif]

Music is my religion
- Jimi Hendrix
21-12-2013, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2013 11:47 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(21-12-2013 10:48 AM)Alla Wrote:  He God Father progressed by learning how to become God. It was a long process.
He also had to be born on the planet like our Earth, to obtain physical body and learn about good and evil like/be tested.
All earthly things are in image and likeness of heavenly things. What you are learning now Gods were learning long, long, long time ago.
Hey hey wait a minute... THAT'S NOT IN THE BIBLE ! you're just making shit up!

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
21-12-2013, 11:37 AM
The people who have invented god in their own image have also given him human attributes; such as emotions.

Simple as that.