Why does God have a desire or any emotions for that matter ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2013, 12:51 PM
RE: Why does God have a desire or any emotions for that matter ?
(21-12-2013 12:26 PM)Alla Wrote:  Omnipotent God is God who can do everything He wants if or when He wants.
Ah.... yeah but that's the problem here can an omnipotent God make something stronger than himself ? As the famous saying goes :-
[Image: hD265526F]
Quote:If wants to have more progression(MORE GLORY) He can have it.
first let us define progression

Progression:the process of developing gradually towards a more advanced state

An Omnipotent God can only progress if he looses his omnipotence and then tries to do something.
Quote:If wants to create something He can do it.
here we go again.... why does God "Want" ANYTHING ?

God has OMNIPOTENCE !! the ability to do ANYTHING there's no valid reason as to why God has a will at all.
Quote:If He wants to have more children He can do it.
having children is a purely biological function you cannot use it to on something that isn't biological.
Quote:If He wants to make Himself more happy He can do it.
WHY DOES GOD HAVE EMOTIONS ? Geez.. is this so hard for you to understand ? emotions only serve one purpose and that is to keep us alive.

You have to list new reasons as to WHY an omnipotent non-biological being has emotions and "Wants" anything.
Quote:WHEN or IF He needs it.
Eh.. may i ask when does need them and when he doesn't ? and why does he need them for ?.
Quote:He can learn about anything
No... God cannot "learn" either since God is omniscient he knows everything even before anything would happen and that's why even Einstein said that God may not have had a choice in creating this universe.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2013, 01:26 PM
(21-12-2013 10:43 AM)Alla Wrote:  Jesus Christ(God Son) didn't have to be killed(life sacrifice) and suffer on the cross in order to atone for us/save us from death and sins. Jesus atoned(took our sins upon Himself) in Gethsemane.
Fall happened in the Garden of Eden. Restitution or Atonement happened in the Garden of Gethsemane.
God Heavenly Father knew(predicted very well) that God Son would be killed. That is why He commanded to make animal sacrifice only TO REMIND house of Israel(God's covenant people) that His Son will die. That was the sacrifice that God Father HAD to make.

The notion that his death on the cross had nothing to do with the forgiveness of sins is completely counter to all christian dogma. The rest is just baseless assertion without evidence. You in no way answered my original question.

So you are saying that god commanded a group of people to kill animals (OT) to remind them of an event that had not happened yet (NT)? How exactly do you remind someone of something that they have never had knowledge of or experienced?

Why do you pretend like you have such a vast understanding of what god personally thinks and feels and know what he HAD to do? Are there..uh..voices that tell you these things?
21-12-2013, 01:54 PM
(20-12-2013 07:41 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  When people say something like "You've made God angry" or "God's commands it" it just comes off very as rather silly in the hindsight.

I just don't see the logic in anthropomorphizing God with little investigation we can easily conclude that the emotions we have are nothing than self-regulated mechanisms for keeping us healthy and alive that's it there's no other logical purpose for it other than our survival.. so why does God have that ?

What use is anger or love for God ? why does he have them anyway ?

Why does he needs us to pray ? What use of it is for him ??

Why does he want life sacrifices ? What use of it is for him ??

Why does he judge humans ? What use of it is for him ??

perhaps why did he makes humans in the first place ? that would suggest that he had a desire for something which is self-contradictory.

God is like an ocean and anything else in the universe is like little droplets of rain drops in comparison,it makes 0% of sense for God to have a Desire for ANYTHING let alone obsessing over one particular piece of rock for no apparent reason.

God cannot be "Angry" because he has omnipotence&omniscience humans and other animals get angry when they can't get to do something whereas God doesn't need to do jackshit because he's God.

I've never understood how an omnipotent and omniscient creature would care if we worshipped it or not. Why does "god" possess so many petty human emotions, like jealousy, hostility, vengeful wrath -- not to mention petty rules about what clothing one can wear, what they can eat, who they love, etc.

I guess this why I've always maintained that man created god into his own image, not the other way around.
That's the only way I can explain it.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

21-12-2013, 01:59 PM
(21-12-2013 01:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've never understood how an omnipotent and omniscient creature would care if we worshipped it or not.

Like Apollo on Star Trek? Or, Ashley Greene on Apparition? Faith will get a mofo carried away. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
21-12-2013, 02:02 PM
(21-12-2013 01:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  The notion that his death on the cross had nothing to do with the forgiveness of sins is completely counter to all christian dogma.

Someone doesn't need to die in order others to be forgiven. How does death of one brings forgiveness to others?
Christian dogma that is popular is false doctrine.
Sins are like debts. Someone has to redeem you from debt jail if you are not able to pay yourself.
What does it have to do with death?

(21-12-2013 01:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So you are saying that god commanded a group of people to kill animals (OT) to remind them of an event that had not happened yet (NT)? How exactly do you remind someone of something that they have never had knowledge of or experienced?
Oh, they knew about Messiah and what will happen to Him and what He will do. Did You read Isaiah or Job, or other prophets?
We know what He did in the past and we are reminded by partaking of Sacrament every Sunday. And they knew what He would do in the future and were reminded by sacrificing animals.
Symbolism, symbolism. It is good to use in order to remember thing BETTER.

(21-12-2013 01:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Why do you pretend like you have such a vast understanding of what god personally thinks and feels and know what he HAD to do? Are there..uh..voices that tell you these things?
There are revelations from God to His Prophets. And I base some of my opinions on those revelations.
Common sense: someone doesn't have to die in order others to be forgiven.
Jesus died because evil people wanted Him dead. But what Jesus did in Gethsemane is TAKING SINS UPON HIMSELF. This was the Atonement or redemption from sins. Jesus OVERCAME sins in Gethsemane.
But Jesus had to die in order to be resurrected. This way He could overcome death. If He died naturally He would still resurrect and overcame death and saved us from death. To be murdered is not the only way to die.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
21-12-2013, 02:19 PM
(21-12-2013 02:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 01:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  The notion that his death on the cross had nothing to do with the forgiveness of sins is completely counter to all christian dogma.

Someone doesn't need to die in order others to be forgiven. How does death of one brings forgiveness to others?
Christian dogma that is popular is false doctrine.
Sins are like debts. Someone has to redeem you from debt jail if you are not able to pay yourself.
What does it have to do with death?

(21-12-2013 01:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So you are saying that god commanded a group of people to kill animals (OT) to remind them of an event that had not happened yet (NT)? How exactly do you remind someone of something that they have never had knowledge of or experienced?
Oh, they knew about Messiah and what will happen to Him and what He will do. Did You read Isaiah or Job, or other prophets?
We know what He did in the past and we are reminded by partaking of Sacrament every Sunday. And they knew what He would do in the future and were reminded by sacrificing animals.
Symbolism, symbolism. It is good to use in order to remember thing BETTER.

(21-12-2013 01:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Why do you pretend like you have such a vast understanding of what god personally thinks and feels and know what he HAD to do? Are there..uh..voices that tell you these things?
There are revelations from God to His Prophets. And I base some of my opinions on those revelations.
Common sense: someone doesn't have to die in order others to be forgiven.
Jesus died because evil people wanted Him dead. But what Jesus did in Gethsemane is TAKING SINS UPON HIMSELF. This was the Atonement or redemption from sins. Jesus OVERCAME sins in Gethsemane.
But Jesus had to die in order to be resurrected. This way He could overcome death. If He died naturally He would still resurrect and overcame death and saved us from death. To be murdered is not the only way to die.
Alla, what exactly is your religion? Is it an organized religion that we would recognize or is your own personal take? You seem rather philosophical but with a few gods and prophets thrown in. Could almost hear a bit of gnosticism in there too.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
21-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Alla sounds like a kid who just read a fairy tale and is spinning her own stories around that tale.

Looking at things much from a kid's perspective...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
21-12-2013, 02:35 PM
(21-12-2013 12:51 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 12:26 PM)Alla Wrote:  Omnipotent God is God who can do everything He wants if or when He wants.
Ah.... yeah but that's the problem here can an omnipotent God make something stronger than himself ?
Of course He can. He always does those things. Bigger and stronger than Him. But because He is omnipotent He has ways to move them/destroy them and do whatever He wants or needs to do.

(21-12-2013 01:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  first let us define progression
Progression:the process of developing gradually towards a more advanced state
Correct
(21-12-2013 01:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  An Omnipotent God can only progress if he looses his omnipotence and then tries to do something.
He progresses in His glory. His Kingdom(Glory) can grow.
He is omnipotent that is why He can progress from glory to glory.
If He couldn't do that He wouldn't be omnipotent.
To be omnipotent is NOT some kind of MAGICAL thing. To be omnipotent is to have CAPACITY to DO things that you wish or need when you want it or need it.
Humans can not do anything they wish or need when they wish or need.
(21-12-2013 01:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  having children is a purely biological function you cannot use it to on something that isn't biological.
I agree. God of this world didn't claim that He is not biological. According to Him He has body of flesh and bones.

(21-12-2013 01:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  ] Geez.. is this so hard for you to understand ? emotions only serve one purpose and that is to keep us alive.
I don't believe that is this the only reason why we have emotions.

(21-12-2013 01:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  You have to list new reasons as to WHY an omnipotent non-biological being has emotions and "Wants" anything.
I have no idea. As a matter of fact I do NOT believe that this kind of(non-biological) being exists.

(21-12-2013 01:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Eh.. may i ask when does he need them and when he doesn't ? and why does he need them for ?
I don't know. I am far away from Him. But I guess it depends on many factors. The same I can ask you: when do you need emotions and when you don't?
Why does He need them?
I said before:
1)God can not know everything if He doesn't know(doesn't feel) what emotion is.
2)It makes life more interesting? life without emotions is not life. It is hell.

(21-12-2013 01:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  No... God cannot "learn" either since God is omniscient he knows everything even before anything would happen and that's why even Einstein said that God may not have had a choice in creating this universe.
Congratulation to Einstein! He was close to the TRUTH.
God of this world never said that He knows everything before anything would happen. But He has CAPACITY/ABILITY know about anything and everything WHEN it happens. And he can predict things very well.
When humans do something they may not always know what consequences would be. But God knows about all the consequences of all actions that is why He is the best at PREDICTING future.
God always says: "If you do this then that and that will happen(consequences)
Nothing can be hidden from Him that is why He is all-knowing.

P.S. To be all-knowing means that NOTHING can be hidden or kept as secret from Him. If in the future I break His law He WILL know about. I won't be able to hide it from Him.
What you think all-knowing God is I call MAGICAL THING. But magical things are NOT real. Do you believe in magic?
I don't.

21-12-2013, 02:38 PM
(21-12-2013 02:19 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Alla, what exactly is your religion? Is it an organized religion that we would recognize or is your own personal take? You seem rather philosophical but with a few gods and prophets thrown in. Could almost hear a bit of gnosticism in there too.
nickname of this religion is Mormonism.
Some times I share my opinion. I base it on Mormonism. But those are minor things and not important for salvation.

21-12-2013, 05:36 PM
(21-12-2013 12:17 PM)Alla Wrote:  You need to re-read NT. God Son or Yahweh was born on this Earth. And after He passed THIS school He could have His Father's glory and crown.

So Jesus gets the glory and the crown. So does the father retire to Florida or something? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user