Why does God have a desire or any emotions for that matter ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2013, 05:43 PM
RE: Why does God have a desire or any emotions for that matter ?
(21-12-2013 02:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 02:19 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Alla, what exactly is your religion? Is it an organized religion that we would recognize or is your own personal take? You seem rather philosophical but with a few gods and prophets thrown in. Could almost hear a bit of gnosticism in there too.
nickname of this religion is Mormonism.
Some times I share my opinion. I base it on Mormonism. But those are minor things and not important for salvation.

Ah, yes. That religion that is demonstrably made-up by a known, convicted con-man, full of already disproven stories about Native Americans.

How can you wallow in this silly shit? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2013, 06:22 PM
(21-12-2013 05:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 02:38 PM)Alla Wrote:  nickname of this religion is Mormonism.
Some times I share my opinion. I base it on Mormonism. But those are minor things and not important for salvation.

Ah, yes. That religion that is demonstrably made-up by a known, convicted con-man, full of already disproven stories about Native Americans.

How can you wallow in this silly shit? Consider

Strong is the Stupid side of the force.

[Image: TPM-CGYoda.JPG]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
21-12-2013, 07:21 PM

Oh fantastic, that actually makes me quite happy! I was going to spend a whole bunch of time picking your fallacious, circular, and made up arguments apart but you have just saved me the trouble.

You're a member of one of the most uneducated, demonstrably fraudulent, and backwards cults on the planet. You lot are racist, misogynistic, and delusional. Your cult is beneath contempt for it's treatment of women and African-Americans.

As for your claim that God is a changing and learning god...that's in the Book of Mormon. What it's not in is the Bible as the Bible makes it perfectly clear that God does NOT change at all.

"For I am the LORD, I change not. . . ." (Mal. 3:6).

Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: But thou are the same, and thy years shall have no end (Ps. 102:25-27).

Even the Book of Mormon agrees with this point:

Now, the decrees of God are unalterable. . . . (Alma 41:8).3

You are pulling shit out of your ass with such blatant, deliberate, and obvious dishonesty it's palpable. Your cults founders would be proud, which you should be ashamed of.
21-12-2013, 08:06 PM
(21-12-2013 07:21 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  

Oh fantastic, that actually makes me quite happy! I was going to spend a whole bunch of time picking your fallacious, circular, and made up arguments apart but you have just saved me the trouble.

You're a member of one of the most uneducated, demonstrably fraudulent, and backwards cults on the planet. You lot are racist, misogynistic, and delusional. Your cult is beneath contempt for it's treatment of women and African-Americans.

As for your claim that God is a changing and learning god...that's in the Book of Mormon. What it's not in is the Bible as the Bible makes it perfectly clear that God does NOT change at all.

"For I am the LORD, I change not. . . ." (Mal. 3:6).

Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands. They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed: But thou are the same, and thy years shall have no end (Ps. 102:25-27).

Even the Book of Mormon agrees with this point:

Now, the decrees of God are unalterable. . . . (Alma 41:8).3

You are pulling shit out of your ass with such blatant, deliberate, and obvious dishonesty it's palpable. Your cults founders would be proud, which you should be ashamed of.
I agree that God never changes. He is always kind, always good, always righteous, always honest, always forgiving, always just, always merciful, always creating things.
But what this has to do with His glory? His glory is increasing. But His personality is always the same. It doesn't change.
For the rest of the post: I will just ignore the ignorance.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
21-12-2013, 08:12 PM
(21-12-2013 08:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  But His personality is always the same. It doesn't change.

Clearly, god's personality chances quite drastically from the old testament where he is an impatient psychopath who wants nothing more than to kill everyone suddenly to the new testament where he is a benevolent, patient healer.
[+] 2 users Like Foxen's post
21-12-2013, 08:45 PM
(21-12-2013 08:12 PM)Foxen Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 08:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  But His personality is always the same. It doesn't change.

Clearly, god's personality chances quite drastically from the old testament where he is an impatient psychopath who wants nothing more than to kill everyone suddenly to the new testament where he is a benevolent, patient healer.

No He doesn't change. God Yahweh is ALWAYS Justice and ALWAYS Mercy.
In OT books we see that God is not only Mercy but He is Justice also.
In NT books we see that God is not only Justice but He is Mercy also.
In OT God saved His people many times(showed Mercy)
In NT God not only shows mercy but teaches about Final Judgment.

21-12-2013, 08:51 PM
You just described a bipolar psychopath.
21-12-2013, 09:15 PM
(21-12-2013 08:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  I agree that God never changes. He is always kind, always good, always righteous, always honest, always forgiving, always just, always merciful, always creating things.
But what this has to do with His glory? His glory is increasing. But His personality is always the same. It doesn't change.
For the rest of the post: I will just ignore the ignorance.

Equivocation and the moving of goal posts. Intellectually dishonest and vapid. You also don't know a damn thing about your book, your are just plain making stuff up as you go.

If he is always kind, just, and merciful would you kindly explain in exactly what way is God's EXPLICIT instructions regarding the moral correctness of slavery as just, kind, and merciful and ONLY how it is just, kind, and merciful no fucking equivocations.

Summery: Please show how Slavery (NOT indentured servitude), which is wholeheartedly endorsed by your god, is just, kind, and merciful without equivocation.

And the rest was not ignorance, it was condescending and rightfully so, but it was not ignorance. Your cult writings treat blacks as inferior, treats women as inferior, Native Americans as inferiors and so on and I would be delighted to prove it with your own damn Book of Mormon. DELIGHTED.
21-12-2013, 09:19 PM
(21-12-2013 08:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  No He doesn't change. God Yahweh is ALWAYS Justice and ALWAYS Mercy.

That's not possible. Mercy is an act that involves the suspension of justice.
22-12-2013, 10:30 AM
(21-12-2013 09:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(21-12-2013 08:45 PM)Alla Wrote:  No He doesn't change. God Yahweh is ALWAYS Justice and ALWAYS Mercy.

That's not possible. Mercy is an act that involves the suspension of justice.

Exactly. That is why if God forgives it will be Mercy but it will be no Justice. And if God punishes it will be Justice but then it will be no Mercy.
But there is a solution to this problem. Atonement resolves it.
Atonement satisfies Mercy and Justice at the same time.
How? I bet you don't know the answer.