Why does God have a desire or any emotions for that matter ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2013, 06:36 PM
RE: Why does God have a desire or any emotions for that matter ?
(22-12-2013 05:16 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(22-12-2013 03:07 PM)Foxen Wrote:  Does there have to be a reason?
The reason why I asked that question is this:
if we know why God sent us here we will know and understand why there is evil and why God of this world acts the way He acts.
Do you know why God sent us here, and are willing to defend his reason as justified... or are you instead working from a presupposition that there must be a reason, even though you don't know that reason and can't defend or justify it?

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Hafnof's post
23-12-2013, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2013 08:35 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(22-12-2013 02:56 PM)Alla Wrote:  You are not under the law because you never made a covenant with God Yahweh.
Interesting but i don't think anyone has made an agreement with God YHWH so technically no one bound to that commandment.
Quote:They constantly break eternal laws.
What is the Eternal Law ? is that in the bible or are you just assuming that such laws exist ? i'm pretty sure its NOT in the bible
Quote:Breaking laws has one consequence - punishment or justice. Why? because it is FAIR.
Do you have something against the fairness?
That's really funny you just said that commandments and laws are ONLY FOR the ones who made an "agreement" with biblical God and now all of sudden everyone comes under that law ?
Quote:Again, breaking laws leads to ACCOUNTABILITY. Do you have something against ACCOUNTABILITY?
Yes i have ! i'm not "accountable" to some egomaniac omnipotent being i'm only accountable to my fellow humans for my actions.

I am ONLY accountable to life on earth nothing outside from my planet can deem me accountable for anything.
Quote:Justice. Justice is righteousness. When courts (earthly judges or jurors) rule to kill evil criminals(other humans) it calls - justice. And it is righteous thing to do.
Except our modern justice is done in a civilized manner where every individual has his fair chance to present his or her case and the death sentence only happens in severe cases.

I don't SEE a legitimate warrant for killing arbitrary amount citizens including children and unarmed civilians.

Joshua 8:1-25
When Israel had finished killing all the men of Ai in the fields and in the wilderness where they had chased them, and when every one of them had been put to the sword, all the Israelites returned to Ai and killed those who were in it. 25 Twelve thousand men and women fell that day—all the people of Ai

Are you telling me that 12,000 people were allowed to partake in individual trials ? WHAT was their crime anyway ?
Judges 3:28-29
At that time they struck down about ten thousand Moabites, all vigorous and strong; not a man escaped

What was the crime of 10,000 Moabites ? What did they do to an omnipotent being ? they were just people defending their city from plunders and murderers.

Kill Witches (Exodus 22:17 NAB)
Kill Homosexuals (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)
AND AGAIN KILL THOSE HOMOS ! (Romans 1:24-32 NLT)
Kill Fortunetellers. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)
Death for Adultery (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)
Death for Fornication. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)
Death to Followers of Other Religions (Exodus 22:19 NAB)
Kill Atheists(2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)
Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God(Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night(Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)
AGAIN make sure to show hell to the Followers of Other Religions !! (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB) (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)
Kill all Skeptics (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)
Kill the children of Sinners (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)
God Kills the babies of Israel(Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)
Kill Men, Women, and Children (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)
God Kills all the First Born of Egypt(Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)
Kill Old Men and Young Women (Jeremiah 51:20-26)
AGAIN God makes sure to Kill the Children of Sinners(Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)
God's "Righteous Rape" and Baby Killing (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)
God commands genocide on the people of Amalek including children(1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)
God Kills Some More (Jeremiah 15:1-4 NLT)
More Killing (Ezekiel 35:7-9 NLT)
Another genocide of Jericho (Joshua 6:20-21 NLT)
God Kills some more (1 Kings 14:9-16 NLT)
More glorious genocide! (Judges 20:48 NAB)
And some more bloody swords and carnage. (Judges 18:27-29 NLT

These are the verses that are in the bible and Yahweh's "Justice" is nothing less of tyranny and pure malice.

I double dare you to justify any one of these murders!
Quote:Wrong. Not who meets His criteria but those who break laws.
Eh. i'm talking about the unfair cycle of life which is painful for most of the animals on earth including humans who live in dire conditions.

Besides if you're gonna talk about God's "Laws" you better come up with a documented reasons for the atrocities i just listed above.Thumbsup
Quote:So, do we have words of detailed explanation of God Yahweh's power?
No but we sure do have a detailed explanations on why he probably doesn't exist.
Quote:I don't even know what it is? Supernatural things do NOT exist in real world.
yes and God by definition is a supernatural being.

Talking animals,afterlife,souls,sin,Gods all of these things DO NOT EXIST in the perceptible natural reality thus are considered "Supernatural".
Quote:I agree. God Yahweh and His prophets do not talk about those kind of things. At least I do not know about them.
[Image: picard-facepalm-o.gif]God is Supernatural by definition.
Quote:ALLA said:"P.S.When Gods have got those attributes They were not Gods yet
BIBLE says: Jesus Christ didn't sit on the throne with God Father and did not have a crown BEFORE He completed His mission.
Except Jesus isn't Yahweh and its NEVER mentioned in the bible on how yahweh became a God you're just making assumptions.
Quote:Jesus PROGRESSED form one GLORY(no throne no crown) to another GLORY(throne and crown)
Claiming something you already own is not really progressive and besides Jesus is NOT yahweh.
Quote:BIBLE says:"God Father has children and they bring Him joy, and they are His HERITAGE. The more children God has the more HERITAGE He has. The more heritage someone has the more glory he has. More heritage = progression.
okay enough with about your progression nonsense already! that's not my argument here.

all i wanted to know was what reason does an omnipotent being have emotions for and i already know why humans have emotions but i still haven't found a legitimate reason as to why an omnipotent being should have them.
Quote:BIBLE says:" God is perfect, mortals are not perfect.
God is intelligent Being(He talks, makes decisions) and He has emotions(He feels).
Except nowhere it is explicitly stated what it is like to be "perfect" so you're just filling the blanks with your imagination.
Quote:BIBLE says: that God is righteous and that anybody who makes sin becomes fallen. So, if God makes sin He falls. Fallen god became devil according to the Bible.
err... you have yet to quote me where in the bible is there a mention of "Eternal laws" or "when Gods stop being Gods" or "Eternal happiness" or the fact that God can sin Drinking Beverage
Quote:I never said anything about burning in hell.
Well bible says a lot about it and that's the religion you follow..

Isaiah 66:24
"And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."
Mark 9:43
If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It's better to enter eternal life with only one hand than to go into the unquenchable fires of hell with two hands. (NLT)

Basically God just cherrypicks the people who meet his criteria of interest and the damns everyone else eternally to torment.
Quote:It is OK. You can do what ever you want when you don't know about TRUE GOD.
How do you which one is the TRUE GOD !? huh ? all the religious scriptures are about as convincing as reading a comic.
Quote:I was talking about God. If God forces He is evil.
Well he did kinda force humans to kill each other Dodgy
Quote:Men's laws are not God's laws. Men's ideals are not God's ideals. Men are NOT perfect that is why their laws are NOT perfect.
I agree humans are not perfect nor will they ever be and that's why they created God.
Quote:Oh! When and what God ever forced to do something?
Well he did command a lot of people to kill each other in his name.. -_-
Quote:If you don't want to be accountable do not make contract.
Just when did the ants had anything to do with the psychopath who brought the lettuce ?
Quote:P.S. All those who never heard the Gospel and didn't have an opportunity to follow Christ will have this opportunity in spirit world. But don't tell me that it is not in the Bible. Because it is in the Bible.
Heaven or hell is determined by whether a person believes (puts their trust) in Christ alone to save them (John 3:16, 36, etc.) there's no mention of a second chance after death.

Hell is eternal and irreversible.

Revelation 14:11 “the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever and they have no rest day and night”
Revelation 20:14 “This is the second death, the lake of fire”
Revelation 20:15 “If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire”

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
23-12-2013, 08:42 AM
This religious onion has layers and layers, and the more you peel it, eventually you're left with nothing.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

23-12-2013, 10:03 AM
(23-12-2013 08:42 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This religious onion has layers and layers, and the more you peel it, eventually you're left with nothing.

No, pretty close to the center is something like [mysterious ways], "God is infinite! Who are you to question him?", and other escape hatch arguments.

Once you peel off most of the layers, the theist will take their onion away from you and refuse to let you look at it anymore.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
23-12-2013, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2013 03:12 PM by Alla.)
(23-12-2013 08:03 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Interesting but i don't think anyone has made an agreement with God YHWH so technically no one bound to that commandment.
Only His covenant people/HIs Church make covenants with Him.
(23-12-2013 08:03 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  What is the Eternal Law ?
There are many eternal laws. I will not list all of them. One example: be honest. It is eternal law/principle.
(23-12-2013 08:03 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  That's really funny you just said that commandments and laws are ONLY FOR the ones who made an "agreement" with biblical God and now all of sudden everyone comes under that law ?
I didn't say that everyone comes under the law. You are not under the law.
I will be judged differently than those people who are not under the law.

(23-12-2013 08:03 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Except our modern justice is done in a civilized manner where every individual has his fair chance to present his or her case and the death sentence only happens in severe cases.
Not in every country.
In ancient times people had different mentality. If they lived in our world they wouldn't understand us and we can not understand/judge them.
So, when God punished people in biblical times it was JUSTICE for breaking the law/laws/covenants.

(23-12-2013 08:03 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  I don't SEE a legitimate warrant for killing arbitrary amount citizens including children and unarmed civilians.
Joshua 8:1-25
When Israel had finished killing all the men of Ai in the fields and in the wilderness where they had chased them, and when every one of them had been put to the sword, all the Israelites returned to Ai and killed those who were in it. 25 Twelve thousand men and women fell that day—all the people of Ai

Are you telling me that 12,000 people were allowed to partake in individual trials ? WHAT was their crime anyway ?

At that time they struck down about ten thousand Moabites, all vigorous and strong; not a man escaped
What was the crime of 10,000 Moabites ? What did they do to an omnipotent being ? they were just people defending their city from plunders and murderers
These are the verses that are in the bible and Yahweh's "Justice" is nothing less of tyranny and pure malice.

I double dare you to justify any one of these murders!
OK. I justify: all those who worshiped idols and sacrificed their own and INNOCENT children to those idols are WORTHY to be put to death.
all those who worshiped their idols and had sex with their own INNOCENT children (besides that they sacrifice them), or made their children to have sex with animals and enjoyed watching it are WORTHY to be put to death.
Those people have to be taken from the face of earth.
P.S.They didn't have courts as we do have in the 21 st century in the USA I admit; but they were NOT READY for those kind of courts.

(23-12-2013 08:03 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  yes and God by definition is a supernatural being.
Not by God's definition. Those who say that God of this world is supernatural being are wrong. Prophets of God of this world never called Him "supernatural being".

(23-12-2013 08:03 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Talking animals,afterlife,souls,sin,Gods all of these things DO NOT EXIST in the perceptible natural reality thus are considered "Supernatural".
Talking animals can be symbolism.
About afterlife, souls, Gods - you don't know if your argument is true.
But I agree that supernatural things do not exist. That is why true God is not supernatural being.

(23-12-2013 08:03 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  all i wanted to know was what reason does an omnipotent being have emotions for and i already know why humans have emotions but i still haven't found a legitimate reason as to why an omnipotent being should have them.
He has emotions because emotions make His life more interesting.
Men's definition of "omnipotent" is not God Yahweh"s definition of "omnipotent".
Do you know His definition? And do you know the deference between " relative power" and "absolute power"? Did God Yahweh ever said that His power is absolute power?
I didn't address everything. Too many things. But I can do it another time.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
23-12-2013, 03:06 PM
(23-12-2013 10:03 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 08:42 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This religious onion has layers and layers, and the more you peel it, eventually you're left with nothing.

No, pretty close to the center is something like [mysterious ways], "God is infinite! Who are you to question him?", and other escape hatch arguments.

Once you peel off most of the layers, the theist will take their onion away from you and refuse to let you look at it anymore.

True. Get so far they'll take my onion away, saying "no more for you." and leave me with watering eyes.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-12-2013, 03:26 PM
(23-12-2013 03:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 10:03 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  No, pretty close to the center is something like [mysterious ways], "God is infinite! Who are you to question him?", and other escape hatch arguments.

True. Get so far they'll take my onion away, saying "no more for you." and leave me with watering eyes.

What's the difference between a Bible and an onion?
You wouldn't shed a tear cutting up a Bible. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2013, 03:41 PM
(23-12-2013 03:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 03:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  True. Get so far they'll take my onion away, saying "no more for you." and leave me with watering eyes.

What's the difference between a Bible and an onion?
What is the Bible? Bible is the book that was put together by men who were not prophets of God. And books of the Bible are copies of copies of some other copies.

The ROCK on which TRUE religion is founded are REVELATIONS from God. Revelations which He gave before, gives today(ongoing revelations) and revelations that He will give in the future.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
23-12-2013, 03:50 PM
(23-12-2013 03:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  The ROCK on which TRUE religion is founded are REVELATIONS from God. Revelations which He gave before, gives today(ongoing revelations) and revelations that He will give in the future.

There is no such thing.

If only some receive the revelations, then it is merely a hallucination or a con. Unless everyone receives the revelations from god, people are merely self-deluding themselves in regards to god's existence.
[+] 2 users Like Foxen's post
23-12-2013, 04:41 PM
(23-12-2013 03:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 03:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  What's the difference between a Bible and an onion?
What is the Bible? Bible is the book that was put together by men who were not prophets of God. And books of the Bible are copies of copies of some other copies.

The ROCK on which TRUE religion is founded are REVELATIONS from God. Revelations which He gave before, gives today(ongoing revelations) and revelations that He will give in the future.

Your humours appear to be unbalanced. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user