Why does God have a desire or any emotions for that matter ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2013, 09:06 PM
RE: Why does God have a desire or any emotions for that matter ?
(23-12-2013 04:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 03:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  What is the Bible? Bible is the book that was put together by men who were not prophets of God. And books of the Bible are copies of copies of some other copies.

The ROCK on which TRUE religion is founded are REVELATIONS from God. Revelations which He gave before, gives today(ongoing revelations) and revelations that He will give in the future.

Your humours appear to be unbalanced. Drinking Beverage

your comment is very, very strange. But that is OK with me. I don't mind to read strange commentsDrinking Beverage

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2013, 09:17 PM
(23-12-2013 09:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 04:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your humours appear to be unbalanced. Drinking Beverage

your comment is very, very strange. But that is OK with me. I don't mind to read strange commentsDrinking Beverage

It was a joke, including a play on words. I made a humorous post but your response showed that you didn't get it. No

So my previous post meant that your sense of humor was lacking, couched in a medical term from the 17th century, like your theology. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2013, 09:28 PM
(23-12-2013 09:17 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 09:06 PM)Alla Wrote:  your comment is very, very strange. But that is OK with me. I don't mind to read strange commentsDrinking Beverage

It was a joke, including a play on words. I made a humorous post but your response showed that you didn't get it. No

So my previous post meant that your sense of humor was lacking, couched in a medical term from the 17th century, like your theology. Yes
OKSmileDrinking Beverage

24-12-2013, 08:51 AM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2013 09:20 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(23-12-2013 03:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  There are many eternal laws. I will not list all of them. One example: be honest. It is eternal law/principle.
I need source for this please.
Quote:I didn't say that everyone comes under the law. You are not under the law.
That's asinine ! that's now how laws work either the entire population abides to the law of the land set by the govt or faces consequences of NOT following the law.

I live in a secular country so i'm not bound by some crazy nutjob religion's laws unfortunately that was not case for all those poor people who died.
Quote:I will be judged differently than those people who are not under the law.
Yeah exactly your religious beliefs are more important to your God than the type of person you actually are.
Quote:Not in every country.
THAT doesn't make it right does it ? just because people still follow primitive barbaric laws doesn't mean its any justified.
Quote:In ancient times people had different mentality.
This excuse doens't work because i'm talking about YOUR GOD like an actual PERSON !

This is your God's Justice! its not rules written by primitive men is it ??
if you're admitting that your God's justice is only applicable to a certain time period then that only proves that your God is just made up by people of that time!
Quote:So, when God punished people in biblical times it was JUSTICE for breaking the law/laws/covenants.
Eh. no it isn't.. its tyranny and dictatorship.
Quote:OK. I justify: all those who worshiped idols and sacrificed their own and INNOCENT children to those idols are WORTHY to be put to death.
Stop antagonizing innocent victims you hypocrite ! your God yaweh(the death God) commanded Abhram to kill his OWN SON.. and he also ordered his men to keep slaves and rape them at will that's your God !

And even if they did kill sacrifice their own children that doesn't mean brutally killing them all is ANY NOBLE ! ITS BARBARIC AND HEINOUS !
Quote:all those who worshiped their idols and had sex with their own INNOCENT children (besides that they sacrifice them), or made their children to have sex with animals and enjoyed watching it are WORTHY to be put to death.
Again stop antagonizing innocent victims you just sound like a self-righteous moron here holocaust apologists are more sensible !

I'm PRETTY goddamn sure 99% of 12,0000 wouldn't be animal fuckers and pedophiles.. EVEN IF THEY DID killing children and pregnant women is NOT noble or JUSTICE.
Quote:Those people have to be taken from the face of earth.
Eh.. i'm pretty sure the self-righteous psychopaths like you needed to be taken from the face of earth.
Quote:Not by God's definition.
Your God doesn't exist.. and you have yet to provide evidence that YOUR particular God exists.
Quote:About afterlife, souls, Gods - you don't know if your argument is true.
I'm pretty sure that none of religions on earth have any legitimate proof for their absurd asinine assertions.
Quote:He has emotions because emotions make His life more interesting.
How do you know that ? you're just assuming that aren't you ? just stop....

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
24-12-2013, 03:23 PM (This post was last modified: 24-12-2013 05:39 PM by Alla.)
(24-12-2013 08:51 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(23-12-2013 03:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  There are many eternal laws. I will not list all of them. One example: be honest. It is eternal law/principle.
I need source for this please.
Ps.90:2 from everlasting to everlasting
Everything that comes "from everlasting to everlasting" is everlasting(eternal)
(23-12-2013 03:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  I didn't say that everyone comes under the law. You are not under the law.
That's asinine ! that's now how laws work either the entire population abides to the law of the land set by the govt or faces consequences of NOT following the law.
I live in a secular country so i'm not bound by some crazy nutjob religion's laws unfortunately that was not case for all those poor people who died.
Those people who don't know true God do not make covenants with Him. They are not bound by God's law. They will be judged differently than those who bound by the law. If you are not citizen of Russia and you don't live in Russia you are not bound by that country laws. If you are not part of God's people house of Israel you are not bound by the law of God. But you are always welcome to become a citizen in God's Kingdom. All you need is to wish it.

(23-12-2013 03:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  I will be judged differently than those people who are not under the law.
Yeah exactly your religious beliefs are more important to your God than the type of person you actually are.
Who says this? And WHY?
I will be MORE accountable before God than you will be. I know more about His laws than you do. The more you know the more you accountable. The less you know and understand the less accountable you are.

(24-12-2013 08:51 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  This is your God's Justice! its not rules written by primitive men is it ??
[b]if you're admitting that your God's justice is only applicable to a certain time period then that only proves that your God is just made up by people of that time
Justice is always the same. But God can not make people to be better or smarter than they have CAPACITY to be.
can you ask 1st grader to read and understand Lord Byron books?
God can not abide people to live by laws they are NOT READY to live by. You can not make Aborigens of Australia to live by the laws of the USA. They are not ready.
Justice is the same: death for shedding innocent blood of hundreds or thousand of children

Alla Wrote:OK. I justify: all those who worshiped idols and sacrificed their own and INNOCENT children to those idols are WORTHY to be put to death.
Stop antagonizing innocent victims you hypocrite !
Oh really?! You have proof that those people were innocent victims and not evil idol worshippers who sacrificed their little children? and who molested them?
I just gave you justification why God Yahweh decided to PUNISH evil doers. He STOPED them from doing that horrible evil by taking them away from the face of earth .
If those people were good innocent people or if they repented God would save them like He saved other evil people/people of Nineveh.

(24-12-2013 08:51 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  your God yaweh(the death God) commanded Abhram to kill his OWN SON.. and he also ordered his men to keep slaves and rape them at will that's your God !
Yes, but He didn't let him to kill. This is the point. God only tested Abraham so he could KNOW FOR SURE that He was right about Abraham. And Abraham learned something about himself.

(24-12-2013 08:51 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  And even if they did kill sacrifice their own children that doesn't mean brutally killing them all is ANY NOBLE ! ITS BARBARIC AND HEINOUS !
Yeh, sure. Try to explain and teach HIGH LAW OF THE GOSPEL to barbaric people. Try to explain 1st grader about high level math. God gave to Israel HIGH LAWS but then those laws were taking away from them. They were so barbaric they couldn't take it. God gives what is available to digest at the moment.
It calls PROGRESSION or EVOLUTION, from low laws to HIGH laws.

Alla Wrote:all those who worshiped their idols and had sex with their own INNOCENT children (besides that they sacrifice them), or made their children to have sex with animals and enjoyed watching it are WORTHY to be put to death.
Again stop antagonizing innocent victims you just sound like a self-righteous moron here holocaust apologists are more sensible !
And you sound like DEFFENDER of baby rapists and killers. You sound like those who ADORE Boston bombers. They are also victims. Poor them.

(24-12-2013 08:51 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  I'm PRETTY goddamn sure 99% of 12,0000 wouldn't be animal fuckers and pedophiles.. EVEN IF THEY DID killing children and pregnant women is NOT noble or JUSTICE.
Don't justify ugly. Don't justify child rapists and killers. You must be very far left nut liberal if you justify ugly. Pregnant women who worshiped idols had blood of other children on their hands. Their future children would become victims.
But God stopped it.

Alla Wrote:Those people have to be taken from the face of earth.
Eh.. i'm pretty sure the self-righteous psychopaths like you needed to be taken from the face of earth.
Those who defend ugly(child rapists and child killers) need to see a doctor as soon as possible. You can live on the face of earth of course but you need some help.

P.S. By the way if you are sure that people like me have to be taken from the face of earth then you are just like me - self-righteous psychopath and moron.Big Grin
P.P.S. Oh and I like your phony outrage.Thumbsup

24-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Before my de-conversion started to become gradually apparent to me, out of my many questions I asked for ''guidance'' to the so-called learned theists around me, I vividly recall one I asked to my Dad. I remember I once asked him why God created us. Most Theists I asked this question to replied fallaciously with "To worship him". Likewise, in the fallacious regard, my Dad said something along the lines of "Because he was lonely".

A God with attributes seems especially contradictory to me. If God can feel happiness, he can feel sadness. If God can feel love, he can feel anger. Wouldn't something or somebody that's perfect, not be able to feel any emotion? It seems like a flaw to have emotions, or more accurately a weakness. Therefore, if God were to be indeed perfect, he would therefore have to not be affected by our actions. This argument eliminates the possibility of a personal God. Of course, I didn't discover arguments like this until later.

So as to your question, "Why do people equivocate attributes to God when they're nonsensical because they don't make sense for this very "conscious" deity to even have? Well, probably many people have already said this, but I'll say it anyway... Humans make God in their image, not the other way around. I believe this stems from a narcissistic tendency us humans have ourselves. We humans feel special, theists and atheists alike. Theists try to answer these various fallacy of loaded questions. Such as, what is our lives ''meaning'', and ''sense of purpose'', to this all-powerful being, that will be pleased if we obey him? It's a sense of need some people have, especially ones who go through tough times. That however, does not necessarily make it true, it just makes it wishful and they try to make it true because it's wishful! People who are poor,lonely, have lost a loved one, you name it, create a deity that they feel genuinely cares about them, and will reward them for their efforts and intentions, and this often helps them get through their plight. This is why these people sculpture, so to say, a God with all these attributes. Hope that answered your question.

Everyday is judgement day. Use your judgement, use reason.
25-12-2013, 04:50 AM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2013 10:18 AM by IndianAtheist.)
(24-12-2013 03:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  Ps.90:2 from everlasting to everlasting
Everything that comes "from everlasting to everlasting" is everlasting(eternal)
That's not an eternal rule ! that's a poetic device ! Dodgy
Quote:Those people who don't know true God do not make covenants with Him. They are not bound by God's law.
NOT true people of bronze age died if they didn't follow these "God's laws" so what you're trying to do is a whitewash of obvious tyrannical rules and cruelty.
Quote:If you are not citizen of Russia and you don't live in Russia you are not bound by that country laws.
Meh.. if i go there and commit a crime they will punish me according to their laws.
Quote:Who says this? And WHY?
Eh. you ? you're saying just being a christian makes you special in God's eyes.
Quote:The more you know the more you accountable. The less you know and understand the less accountable you are.
That's like saying if i don't know murder is wrong then it isn't wrong -_- that doesn't make any sense whatsoever wrong if wrong whether you know it or not.
Quote:Justice is always the same.
Alright THEN ! let's start murdering homosexuals,fortune tellers,witches,innocent children of criminals,women who are NOT virgins and all the STUPID RETARDED LAWS that your God deems "Justice"!
Quote:But God can not make people to be better or smarter than they have CAPACITY to be.
That's the most pathetic excuse i've ever heard you're just not gonna admit that your God's laws are not being followed anymore because they're barbaric and stupid.
Quote:God can not abide people to live by laws they are NOT READY to live by.
Tell that to people who were killed because of these laws.
Quote:You can not make Aborigens of Australia to live by the laws of the USA. They are not ready.
Em...yes they are i just don't think people in the U.S are so generous so sadly that's never gonna happen its good for them too think of all the ecological preservation they're doing as compared to people in the U.S Drinking Beverage

Besides WASN'T YOUR GOD OMNIPOTENT ? there's no excuse for your God to be this barbaric and cruel.. UNLESS he was just a figment of some feudal psychopath's imagination (which is MOST likely the case here).
Quote:Justice is the same: death for shedding innocent blood of hundreds or thousand of children
Hmm.... ironic considering the fact that what Christian psychopaths did to all the innocent children and young woman of Amalek and Moabites and God knows how many poor cities.
Quote:Oh really?! You have proof that those people were innocent victims and not evil idol worshippers who sacrificed their little children? and who molested them?
Ah bullshit ! i'm pretty sure a whole frikking city of people aren't made of child molesters that's not how a city functions ! a city would fall apart in seconds if that was true.

Besides i still don't see how that justifies committing war crimes like committing mass murder raping women killing children or killing pregnant women with their babies.
Quote:I just gave you justification why God Yahweh decided to PUNISH evil doers.
Yahweh doesn't exist. there's no divine justice and that's just barbaric people making excuses for doing horrible things.

I hope that didn't make too much of sense.
Quote:He STOPED them from doing that horrible evil by taking them away from the face of earth .
How about i kill your children and say that my God wanted me to do that because your children were to become the next hilter and stalin ? how'd that feel huh ?

BARBARIC VIOLENCE IS NEVER THE ANSWER it never was justice and it NEVER will be in the eyes of sane rational people like me.
Quote:If those people were good innocent people or if they repented God would save them like He saved other evil people/people of Nineveh.
Your God doesn't exist Yahweh/Jesus/Allah is a character who takes sides of people WHO WRITE THEM !

If i wrote the gospels i would have made sure expose all the Christians for the psychopaths they were and i also i would have wrote a 30 page apology for everyone reading the book !
Quote:Yes, but He didn't let him to kill. This is the point.
oh right because that's so cool because whatever horrible stuff your God does is Okay but whatever bad thing other religions of that time did is BAD ? you are a classic example of religious hypocrisy.
Quote:Yeh, sure. Try to explain and teach HIGH LAW OF THE GOSPEL to barbaric people.
Why should i ? i don't wanna die besides i think the popes are already busy molesting children anyway >_> i don't think i want to meet psychopaths especially religious ones.
Quote:They were so barbaric they couldn't take it. God gives what is available to digest at the moment.
Bullshit your God could've told them NOT TO KILL OR RAPE OR KEEP SLAVES.
Quote:It calls PROGRESSION or EVOLUTION, from low laws to HIGH laws.
Correction:Its called "Cultural Evolution" and it has nothing do with imaginary friends.
Quote:And you sound like DEFFENDER of baby rapists and killers. You sound like those who ADORE Boston bombers..
Except i am not i do NOT condone irrational,tyrannical acts of violence ! you are doing it with the argument from authority fallacy !

They molested children okay ?? what about your christian martyrs killing hundreds and thousands of unarmed civilians INCLUDING children ??

Children and innocent people are suffering anyway you're just painting christians white because you want to be on the side of the "good guys"...but THERE ARE NO "GOOD GUYS"

SLAVERY IS WRONG AND IMMORAL
GENOCIDE IS WRONG AND IMMORAL(there's tiny difference between "criminal Execution and barbaric holocaust style genocide)
Committing WAR crimes is IMMORAL
EXECUTING PEOPLE FOR IRRATIONAL REASONS IS IMMORAL
INDUCING PEOPLE TO COMMIT THESE CRIMES IS IMMORAL

AND NO GOD ! I MEAN NO IMAGINARY BULLSHIT FRIEND CAN JUSTIFY THESE HORRIBLE CRIMES!
Quote:Don't justify ugly.
Oh the irony...oh the irony.
Quote:Don't justify child rapists and killers.
Hmm... let's see

Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLTYour eye shall not spare, and you shall show no pity. 6 Kill old men outright, young men and maidens, little children and women,but touch no one on whom is the mark

Isaiah 13:15-18Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes

The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children

Hosea 13:16 The people of Samaria must bear their guilt,because they have rebelled against their God,They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground,their pregnant women ripped open

Numbers 31Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves(Sex slaves)

EH.. WHAT WERE YOU SAYING AGAIN ?Drinking Beverage
Quote:You must be very far left nut liberal if you justify ugly..
Oh YES YES Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT *cough* Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT*cough* Hosea 13:16 yes of course..Rolleyes
Quote:Those who defend ugly(child rapists and child killers) need to see a doctor as soon as possible. You can live on the face of earth of course but you need some help.
Well i can only wonder how funny the irony would be in the hindsight when you become an atheist(hopefully).

25-12-2013, 05:26 AM
(24-12-2013 07:16 PM)Freethought Wrote:  A God with attributes seems especially contradictory to me. If God can feel happiness, he can feel sadness. If God can feel love, he can feel anger. Wouldn't something or somebody that's perfect, not be able to feel any emotion? It seems like a flaw to have emotions, or more accurately a weakness.
Not to mention the fact that emotions are pretty much useless if you're a non-biological omnipotent being we know for a fact that plants are "Alive" too but they don't have emotions because they don't have a brain or a nervous system.

God doesn't have a body to take care of that's the same reason why God doesn't need offsprings either.
Quote:That however, does not necessarily make it true, it just makes it wishful and they try to make it true because it's wishful!
Wishful thinking... yup right you are.[Image: fingers_crossed-resized-600.jpg]

25-12-2013, 06:42 AM
(25-12-2013 05:26 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
(24-12-2013 07:16 PM)Freethought Wrote:  A God with attributes seems especially contradictory to me. If God can feel happiness, he can feel sadness. If God can feel love, he can feel anger. Wouldn't something or somebody that's perfect, not be able to feel any emotion? It seems like a flaw to have emotions, or more accurately a weakness.
Not to mention the fact that emotions are pretty much useless if you're a non-biological omnipotent being we know for a fact that plants are "Alive" too but they don't have emotions because they don't have a brain or a nervous system.

God doesn't have a body to take care of that's the same reason why God doesn't need offsprings either.
Quote:That however, does not necessarily make it true, it just makes it wishful and they try to make it true because it's wishful!
Wishful thinking... yup right you are.[Image: fingers_crossed-resized-600.jpg]

Emotions are the product of evolution, they are there to warn us of bad situations, reward us in good ones, and generally help guide us.

So, god has been evolving the same way we have? Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
25-12-2013, 05:50 PM
(25-12-2013 06:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(25-12-2013 05:26 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Not to mention the fact that emotions are pretty much useless if you're a non-biological omnipotent being we know for a fact that plants are "Alive" too but they don't have emotions because they don't have a brain or a nervous system.

God doesn't have a body to take care of that's the same reason why God doesn't need offsprings either.Wishful thinking... yup right you are.[Image: fingers_crossed-resized-600.jpg]

Emotions are the product of evolution, they are there to warn us of bad situations, reward us in good ones, and generally help guide us.

So, god has been evolving the same way we have? Tongue

What proof do we have that emotions are product of evolution?
What we are going through NOW our God went through.