Why does God have a desire or any emotions for that matter ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2013, 06:10 PM
RE: Why does God have a desire or any emotions for that matter ?
(25-12-2013 05:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-12-2013 06:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  Emotions are the product of evolution, they are there to warn us of bad situations, reward us in good ones, and generally help guide us.

So, god has been evolving the same way we have? Tongue

What proof do we have that emotions are product of evolution?
What we are going through NOW our God went through.

So you are saying that god also evolved?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2013, 06:55 PM
(25-12-2013 05:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-12-2013 06:42 AM)Dom Wrote:  Emotions are the product of evolution, they are there to warn us of bad situations, reward us in good ones, and generally help guide us.

So, god has been evolving the same way we have? Tongue

What proof do we have that emotions are product of evolution?

Oh, for fuck's sake, learn some science. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-12-2013, 08:15 PM
(25-12-2013 05:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  What proof do we have that emotions are product of evolution?

We don't have "proof" in science we have evidence.

The evidence that emotions are an evolved capacity is the evidence of the evolution of our neuroanatomy and the presence of emotions in many non-human species.

The thesis that our bodies and all of their organs--except the brain--are the product of evolution but the brain alone is the product of special creation would be extremely difficult to justify.

To pre-empt your likely response that emotions originate from some place other than the brain consider that:
--non-human species have emotions;
--some types of brain damage in humans produce alterations in emotional experience and expression;
--several emotions can be produced and manipulated with drugs that alter brain functioning

Quote:What we are going through NOW our God went through.

The Book of Mormon is a throughly fraudulent document; Joseph Smith just made it all up.

There is no good reason why an immaterial person would have emotions and it is entirely unclear how an immaterial person could have emotions.
[+] 1 user Likes Chippy's post
26-12-2013, 07:38 AM
(25-12-2013 05:50 PM)Alla Wrote:  What proof do we have that emotions are product of evolution?
look who's asking for evidence here!! the same superstitious dweeb who makes outrageous asinine assumptions about the universe.
Quote:What we are going through NOW our God went through.
What's the evidence for that claim ? for that to be even possible i'd have consider the fact that God exists in the first place.

Can you answer these questions ?

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
26-12-2013, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2013 05:52 PM by Alla.)
(25-12-2013 08:15 PM)Chippy Wrote:  

We don't have "proof" in science we have evidence.
OK, I will use word "evidence".
English is my second language.

(25-12-2013 08:15 PM)Chippy Wrote:  The thesis that our bodies and all of their organs--except the brain--are the product of evolution but the brain alone is the product of special creation would be extremely difficult to justify.
I can agree with that.

(25-12-2013 08:15 PM)Chippy Wrote:  The evidence that emotions are an evolved capacity is the evidence of the evolution of our neuroanatomy and the presence of emotions in many non-human species.
Give me please some examples of evolution of emotions? from what to what?

(25-12-2013 08:15 PM)Chippy Wrote:  To pre-empt your likely response that emotions originate from some place other than the brain consider that:
--non-human species have emotions;
--some types of brain damage in humans produce alterations in emotional experience and expression;
--several emotions can be produced and manipulated with drugs that alter brain functioning
It doesn't matter I still can believe that emotions have different source. It is like I place a pencil in the glass with water. It(pencil) will look distorted, larger in size. But pencil is not distorted.
The same is spirit. When it is inside of the physical body it appears that it acts distorted. Emotions appear to be distorted. The more damage physical body has the more distorted actions of the spirit appear.
I hope you understand what I was trying to say.

(25-12-2013 08:15 PM)Chippy Wrote:  The Book of Mormon is a throughly fraudulent document; Joseph Smith just made it all up.
No comments. (at least for right now)

(25-12-2013 08:15 PM)Chippy Wrote:  There is no good reason why an immaterial person would have emotions and it is entirely unclear how an immaterial person could have emotions.
I don't believe in immaterial persons. Immaterial person is fantasy.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
26-12-2013, 05:55 PM
(26-12-2013 07:38 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  
look who's asking for evidence here!! the same superstitious dweeb who makes outrageous asinine assumptions about the universe.
I will not ask for evidence as soon as you tell me that you BELIEVE that emotions are product of evolution.
But if it is not your belief then I would like to know what you know and if it is fact I will accept it as the truth.

26-12-2013, 06:07 PM
(25-12-2013 06:10 PM)Dom Wrote:  

So you are saying that god also evolved?
I don't know. I know that He changed many times as we did/do.
Do we have a chain of samples from our oldest ancestors down to us so we can see the evidence of evolution of human kind?

26-12-2013, 06:16 PM
(25-12-2013 05:26 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  Not to mention the fact that emotions are pretty much useless if you're a non-biological omnipotent being we know for a fact that plants are "Alive" too but they don't have emotions because they don't have a brain or a nervous system.
True God/Gods is/are not non-biological Being.
(25-12-2013 05:26 AM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  God doesn't have a body to take care of that's the same reason why God doesn't need offsprings either.
True God/Gods has/have body.

26-12-2013, 11:07 PM
(26-12-2013 05:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  Give me please some examples of evolution of emotions? from what to what?
Quote:It doesn't matter I still can believe that emotions have different source.

So why then ask for "examples of evolution of emotions" if you are just going to disregard whatever I post.

Quote:It is like I place a pencil in the glass with water. It(pencil) will look distorted, larger in size. But pencil is not distorted.
The same is spirit. When it is inside of the physical body it appears that it acts distorted. Emotions appear to be distorted. The more damage physical body has the more distorted actions of the spirit appear.
I hope you understand what I was trying to say.

That is neither an argument nor evidence that the brain is insufficient to account for emotions--it is just an analogy followed by an assertion.

If emotions originated in "spirit" then the condition of the brain would have no bearing on their expression. How exactly does "spirit" interact with the brain?

If the brain is necessary for their expression why isn't it also sufficient for their expression? What is it about emotions that demands that we need to postulate "spirit" in order to understand them? Do we also need "spirit" to explain how the kidneys work? If not why not?

How is your argument any different from me proposing that internal combusion engines work because of "spirit" and when an engine is broken it doesn't work because the spirit of the engine can't express itself? What would giving internal combusition engines a "spirit" add to our understanding of internal combustion engines or contribute to our maintenace of them?

Quote:I don't believe in immaterial persons. Immaterial person is fantasy.

Yes I know but the spirit which you claim is the source of emotions is an immaterial person.
26-12-2013, 11:08 PM
(26-12-2013 06:07 PM)Alla Wrote:  Do we have a chain of samples from our oldest ancestors down to us so we can see the evidence of evolution of human kind?

Yes.