Why does God have the right to kill?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2012, 08:14 AM
RE: Why does God have the right to kill?
(14-06-2012 05:37 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Depending on your viewpoint God is very relevant. I don't think that God directly interferes in life anymore. He probably does not even pay attention to our planet and has moved on to greater things (face it, the best He could do is humanity. Really?). However this does not mean that God does not exist. Its just means that he is not here. We are like that old comic book collection in the attic, waiting for our chance to be dusted off.
However again God's love is extended to everyone anyway, regardless of anything. So belief is not truly mandatory.
I am so relieved that belief is not mandatory. Dodgy

If god is no longer here, no longer doing anything, why would you believe in its existence?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-06-2012, 08:21 AM
(15-06-2012 08:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  If god is no longer here, no longer doing anything, why would you believe in its existence?
I didn't know believing in fairy tales, no matter the circumstances, was rational. Big Grin

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
15-06-2012, 09:47 AM
(15-06-2012 08:21 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(15-06-2012 08:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-06-2012 05:37 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Depending on your viewpoint God is very relevant. I don't think that God directly interferes in life anymore. He probably does not even pay attention to our planet and has moved on to greater things (face it, the best He could do is humanity. Really?). However this does not mean that God does not exist. Its just means that he is not here. We are like that old comic book collection in the attic, waiting for our chance to be dusted off.
However again God's love is extended to everyone anyway, regardless of anything. So belief is not truly mandatory.

If god is no longer here, no longer doing anything, why would you believe in its existence?
I didn't know believing in fairy tales, no matter the circumstances, was rational. Big Grin

Xino a Veridican?

Let's eat. Evil_monster

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
15-06-2012, 11:59 AM
(15-06-2012 08:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
I am so relieved that belief is not mandatory. Dodgy

Why believe? Well (oh no) why not?

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
15-06-2012, 12:01 PM
(15-06-2012 11:59 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  
(15-06-2012 08:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  I am so relieved that belief is not mandatory. Dodgy

Because some people want to know the truth?

Why the hell would you keep believing if you found out it was a lie?

Why help a idea that has cause more suffering that any ANY harsh government in the world through out it's history.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
15-06-2012, 12:03 PM
(15-06-2012 08:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  I am so relieved that belief is not mandatory. Dodgy

Because it's irrelevant and tends to lead toward fanaticism and/or destructive end results.

If this god keeps no place in our lives, then why bother with it and risk the terrible things that come along with it? The "good" that comes with it and actually just people doing good. So why not cut to the chase and motivate people toward the good without use of delusion and false hopes?
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
15-06-2012, 12:07 PM
(15-06-2012 12:01 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(15-06-2012 11:59 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Why believe? Well (oh no) why not?
Because some people want to know the truth?

Why help a idea that has cause more suffering that any ANY harsh government in the world through out it's history.

Suffering is not a fixed value. What I think is horrible may be common place to another.

How many governments have religious members. How many laws have direct ties to religions. There is religon is most governments. Some of teh wrongs people attribute to religion were made possible through the government.

^see that, I'm sorry about it. (as in sorry I said it)

I do not think it is a lie remember. However you do and thats fine. Belief in fairytales in not mandatory, but I like mine. It's no so much a belief as mean treating the bible like and equation and canceling out points with otehrs until I have the remainder which I try to understand. (btw I have a hard time making sense)

I need someone to help me decide when I have completely lost a debate some one help.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

15-06-2012, 12:17 PM
(15-06-2012 12:07 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  
(15-06-2012 12:01 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Because some people want to know the truth?

Suffering is not a fixed value. What I think is horrible may be common place to another.

How many governments have religious members. How many laws have direct ties to religions. There is religon is most governments. Some of teh wrongs people attribute to religion were made possible through the government.

^see that, I'm sorry about it. (as in sorry I said it)

I do not think it is a lie remember. However you do and thats fine. Belief in fairytales in not mandatory, but I like mine. It's no so much a belief as mean treating the bible like and equation and canceling out points with otehrs until I have the remainder which I try to understand. (btw I have a hard time making sense)

I need someone to help me decide when I have completely lost a debate some one help.
Alright, let's look at the Catholic church for example.

It preaches poverty, and servility, yet is worth much more than it should be, and it gives none of that wealth to the poor.

Let's look at their past.

They have been selling indulgences... Have a personal responsiblility in the Crusades... Have sided WITH Hitler in WWII... Preach and teach the dogma that sinners( us) will go to Hell. Imagine the amount of people that have been emotional manipulated by ths sick and evil, and immorally reprehensible dogma?

Has recently been in a scandel with child rape and molestation.... Which I personally can vouch for....

Has sided with facism of any kind.

The point is, Religion has no set government, and yet it (Catholisicm) chooses to side with almost every bad one. It purosefully lies to them, and asks for money because of charity, yet only give, an
Estimate, six percent, if even that.

They called Galleio a hertic for almost two hundred years, but have NEVER excomunicated Hitler, or any Nazi( Besides One, and that was for marrying a protestant.)

Yes, this couldn't possibly be done, and believed to be done morally, without it being a RELIGION.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
15-06-2012, 12:18 PM

Because there is no evidence for the existence of gods. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-06-2012, 12:21 PM
(15-06-2012 12:18 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-06-2012 11:59 AM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  Why believe? Well (oh no) why not?
Because there is no evidence for the existence of gods. Thumbsup

agreed... Um can I have a dime? *holds out hand*