Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2012, 04:25 PM
RE: Why does Jesus the shepherd leave his flock at the mercy of a Super Wolf?
(10-12-2012 04:24 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  The universe is perfectly predictable, and works according to the Laws of Probability. That's the only way any rational person would want it to. If it did not, (ie operate capriciously), one could never predict the outcome of anything, or rely on anything. Dump the idea that it's "all about you", (and not about individuals), and it all makes perfect sense.
I've never once thought it was "all about you."
It's all about me, of course. Girl_nails

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-12-2012, 06:01 PM
(10-12-2012 04:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 04:06 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people.
Silly question to ask those who don't believe in God, so it's really up to you to handle this one. Drinking Beverage
Because God is in no way obligated to provide unicorns and rainbows to anyone - this includes good people, bad people, Christians, atheists, or anyone else.
A good god would come across as reasonably decent and fair in his assessments of his creations; your guy fails on both counts.......... Rolleyes
11-12-2012, 08:56 AM
(10-12-2012 02:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Can you give a concise version of your question?

KC, i am right there with ya bro. Every time i see this guy post i wonder if his English teacher in grade school was playing a practical joke on him and taught him how to speak and write sentences incoherently!
Or maybe this video is a more spot on diagnosis of our OP's condition :-)

[+] 3 users Like Denicio's post
11-12-2012, 09:34 AM
The Bible should have been called All About Me since it really is a character study of God/Man. The character of God is shown to be just a regular, man-about-town, cave guy... who just happens to be a god... power abuse runs amok in this character study. At least the first volume... when the sequel comes along, we get the anthologies of his kid - who in my opinion was an atheist. However, the people who wrote the sequel are just like people trying to make Julien Lennon into his Dad - they've got their own agenda and provide their own spin, but that doesn't make a god and it doesn't make a son of one, either.

If people want to use the Bible as a guide for life, instead of a how-to book, they should probably be looking at it as a how-not-to book. It's a chronicle of a seriously dysfunctional family and world and the community that promulgates it. Dodgy

As for "not knowing the mind of God" ... bullshit... the book is entirely predictable.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  WHY was Jesus crucified? RobbyPants 24 345 Today 04:53 PM
Last Post: goodwithoutgod
  Jesus prayed to himself!? john2 8 86 Today 04:50 PM
Last Post: Wicked Clown
  Jesus Christ is a dishonest dicksucking Cunt Wicked Clown 18 252 27-07-2014 04:37 PM
Last Post: Impulse
  Don't want Jesus? Do the dishes! RogueWarrior 3 99 26-07-2014 12:13 PM
Last Post: DemonicLemon
  For all of you who have accepted Jesus of Gamala! Deltabravo 18 348 25-07-2014 09:19 AM
Last Post: Deltabravo
  Roman historian on Jesus sophonian 7 174 25-07-2014 07:40 AM
Last Post: RobbyPants
  Jesus gave up............................. 3days of his life for us Ace 24 474 21-07-2014 08:37 PM
Last Post: Minimalist