Why does a creation college have a biology dept ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2014, 04:30 AM
Why does a creation college have a biology dept ?
Bryan College in Dayton Tennessee recently lost a fair amount of its teaching faculty because they couldn't sign the new pledge stating that Adam & Eve were real historical figures.

When I read that a biology teacher from the school had left because he couldn't sign it, I applauded his stance on the issue and then thought "Why does a creation college have a biology dept ? That makes no sense"

I sincerely hope this college doesn't offer a degree in biology because that would be laughable. If only I could be at that job interview.
"I see that you graduated from a creation college and you are looking for a job in our biology research dept. We have a janitorial position open. That's really the only job that matches your skill set."

Student "But I have a degree in biology"

"No, no you don't. You don't understand the first thing about biology. What you have is a degree in fictional characters with fictional powers. You should be a fiction writer for a comic book company"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Rahn127's post
02-06-2014, 05:36 AM
RE: Why does a creation college have a biology dept ?
Makes me wonder why anyone would want job in such a Biology department. Even if there isn't any choice, there comes a time when you need to maintain standards.
02-06-2014, 06:09 AM
It's just to give students an easy pass in biology classes while indoctrinating them. I can already imagine the exams...

Question 1: Which of these is true?
A - Evolution has been proven false
B - Evolution accurately explains and predicts all the phenomena observed in biology, such as bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics, selective breeding working, and the fossil record, among other things
C - Evolution is accepted by all scientists who study it honestly and without bias
D - Evolution was helped by God

(Tough call here between A and D)

Question 2: Does God exist?
A - I don't know. The existence of God has not been proven
B - No. I am an evil athiest and will burn forever in Hell
C - Yes. This has been proven beyond any doubt; athiests just refuse to accept the Truth because they are evil
D - Maybe

Question 3: Did Charles Darwin reject his faith in the unprovable religion of evolution?
A - Yes. This is well documented
B - No. This is a lie spread by creationists such as the people who made this exam who don't have a fucking clue

Question 4: Which of these gods is real? You can pick more than one.
A - YHWH
B - Jehova
C - Yahweh
D - Allah
E - Vishnu
F - Charles Darwin
G - The Flying Spaghetti Monster
H - The Invisible Pink Unicorn
I - Odin
(This question goes on for a while, exhausting all alphabets on the planet that are currently being used. Long story short, the answer is A and C)

Yes, I know this isn't funny. It's not meant to be. This is what it would look like in a theocracy.

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
02-06-2014, 06:11 AM
(02-06-2014 05:36 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Makes me wonder why anyone would want job in such a Biology department. Even if there isn't any choice, there comes a time when you need to maintain standards.

Well if nothing else, it would be a really easy job.

"Sir, where does tRNA come from? I mean, mRNA is made, but you haven't said where tRNA comes from."

"God dun it."

"Sir, why is it that isolated populations have a well documented tendency toward diversification and eventual distinction from the original species?"

"That doesn't happen."
"But..!"
"Doesn't. Happen."

I mean, any self respecting, legitimately educated biologist wouldn't be caught as so much as a skeletal system display in a dump like that, but....

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
02-06-2014, 06:41 AM
I don't know, why does a creation college have a biology dept?

Unsure

They are experimenting with genetics to prove that a son can be his own father and simultaneously vice versa.

They don't stand a ghost of chance.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-06-2014, 08:05 AM
I doubt they offer a degree in it. They would have to be accredited to do that (or for the degree to be any good) but a basic biology class would still be possible. Especially if they only cover contemporary biological structures.

Plus biology is a required course for a lot of your non-engineering majors. For us it's an optional elective. (I opted to take geology instead)
02-06-2014, 08:18 AM
So people can marvel at all the amazing creatures god created, of course! And their intricate systems, which have their flaws and pointless stuff, and show no signs of coming from two people!

"Right around here on the diagram, is the human tailbone. God put this here for no reason!"

"Oooooooh! Ahhhhhhhh!"
02-06-2014, 08:29 AM
(02-06-2014 04:30 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Why does a creation college have a biology dept ?

The same reason the Discovery Institute employs people with PhDs: to make them look more credible.

Of course, the Discovery Institute has been known to put their shill doctors in labs with green screens to appear more credible, so, there's that. The biology class being offered is the academic equivalent of a lab superimposed on a green screen.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
02-06-2014, 08:30 AM
Remember when you were a kid and you played games? Ya know, cowboys and Indians, cops and robbers, war...?
I remember my sister wanted to play school and she would be the teacher, of course. She didn't know anything mind you, she just wanted to feel superior.
Same thing going on in these schools.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
02-06-2014, 08:56 AM
(02-06-2014 04:30 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Why does a creation college have a biology dept?

Same reason that Oceania has a Ministry of Truth.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post