Why doesn't Obama help his family?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Why doesn't Obama help his family?
Before you libs go apeshit and start firing at me for raising anything potentially negative about Obama, try to understand that I am asking this question simply out of political curiosity.

I keep seeing stories about Obama family members (half-brothers from Kenya I believe) and how he doesn't help them financially or otherwise. There's a story here from (Danger Will Robinson, Danger!) FoxNews.com http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/1...a-brother/ by Dinesh D'Souza that recounts how Obama's half brother, George, needed $1000 for medical bills and called Dinesh, who he only knew from working on his film, for the money.

What do you make of this? Why doesn't Obama help out his half-family? Even only if cynically, to avoid looking like an uncaring family member or hypocrite. Obama is financially very well off, worth somewhere around $10 million at this point. He stands to earn about $50 million in the next 20 years as a former President. He could help all these people and not even feel it financially. Why doesn't he?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2012, 04:51 PM
RE: Why doesn't Obama help his family?
Having read an earlier report, George said he's never even thought of asking for help.

My brother doesn't help me with my bills.

What a retarded accusation to make and to spread.

Or have we forgotten what happens when President's help their siblings: ie., Billy Carter? Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
07-09-2012, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't even presume you know. Maybe they don't like each other? This sounds like petty us magazine tripe.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like lucradis's post
07-09-2012, 07:20 PM
(07-09-2012 04:45 PM)Jeff Wrote:  Before you libs go apeshit and start firing at me for raising anything potentially negative about Obama, try to understand that I am asking this question simply out of political curiosity.

I keep seeing stories about Obama family members (half-brothers from Kenya I believe) and how he doesn't help them financially or otherwise. There's a story here from (Danger Will Robinson, Danger!) FoxNews.com http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/1...a-brother/ by Dinesh D'Souza that recounts how Obama's half brother, George, needed $1000 for medical bills and called Dinesh, who he only knew from working on his film, for the money.

What do you make of this? Why doesn't Obama help out his half-family? Even only if cynically, to avoid looking like an uncaring family member or hypocrite. Obama is financially very well off, worth somewhere around $10 million at this point. He stands to earn about $50 million in the next 20 years as a former President. He could help all these people and not even feel it financially. Why doesn't he?

You seem to be trying to sensationalize something very minimal to suggest something really big and wrong about the man. Incidentally blood is not always necessarily thicker than water, in some families. Often outsiders know nothing of these things.
07-09-2012, 07:38 PM
(07-09-2012 06:29 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I wouldn't even presume you know.

I don't presume to know, that's why I'm asking others what they make of it.
07-09-2012, 07:40 PM
(07-09-2012 07:20 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  You seem to be trying to sensationalize something very minimal to suggest something really big and wrong about the man.

Let me know what I've written that suggests anything beyond what the article says.
07-09-2012, 08:49 PM
And if he did just wait for the Fox article about how he's laundering money to overseas family members...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
07-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Sorry mobile post. I was trying to write presume to know not presume you know. Damn you autocorrect

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2012, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 10:43 PM by fstratzero.)
(07-09-2012 04:45 PM)Jeff Wrote:  Before you libs go apeshit and start firing at me for raising anything potentially negative about Obama, try to understand that I am asking this question simply out of political curiosity.

Hold on here. Not everybody is liberal. I personally wouldn't "go apeshit" on you for saying negative about Obama. I will defend what he did well, and go against what he wrong.

I tend to think of people in terms that they do things that you can measure on terms of extreme good to extreme bad with shades of grey. Creating the idea that a person is all bad or all good is something we should try to avoid as much as possible.

Also this is who I'd vote for.
[Image: MGB4D.jpg]

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 2 users Like fstratzero's post
07-09-2012, 10:51 PM

I'm a fiscal conservative and will never vote for Obama. However there is a very good reason not to ask this question--it is tawdry and a personal attack.

Come on--you were just 'asking questions'? Like the Dems were just 'asking questions' about Romney's leadership at Bain and whether he caused some lady to die from cancer? There have been a lot of 'Obama's distant relative' stories. I'd rather focus attacks on his policies.
[+] 3 users Like BryanS's post