Why doesn't god settle the debate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2015, 03:58 PM
RE: Why doesn't god settle the debate?
It's almost as if he doesn't exist. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
21-01-2015, 04:13 PM
Because... it would violate something that was in no way violated in all the stories about God from the bible or personal experience descriptions.... it just would.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
21-01-2015, 04:18 PM
CleverUsername

Quote:God apparently came to the conclusion that if he proved the existence of himself that'd take away people's free will. Somehow.

So drowning everyone in a flood and murdering Egyptian babies didn't violate free will? I'd sure hate to see what does. Facepalm
[+] 3 users Like thecontemplator's post
21-01-2015, 04:25 PM
(21-01-2015 04:18 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  CleverUsername

Quote:God apparently came to the conclusion that if he proved the existence of himself that'd take away people's free will. Somehow.

So drowning everyone in a flood and murdering Egyptian babies didn't violate free will? I'd sure hate to see what does. Facepalm

AAANd Adam, Eve, Lucifer, Abraham, etc. All supposedly had free will despite knowing Gods existence with certainty... and people like the Egyptian Pharaoh were robbed of free will by God's actual actions.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
21-01-2015, 04:35 PM
God doesn't settle the debate because he wants us to love him on our own. It's kinda like the 90s song, "I can't make you love me, if you don't." It's not really us loving him if he forced us to...more like an arranged marriage.

He wants to have a love affair with us. Jesus and the bride of the church and all that. Jesus fucking Christ.

Only by not loving him he punishes us with a nasty divorce where we pay our alimony by getting whipped and assfucked by satan and his minions in a lake of sulfur for all eternity.

Offtopic thecontemplator, I am much disappoint at your lack of monster truck avatar. Or like a WWF avatar would work, or fight club. Just sayin.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
21-01-2015, 04:36 PM
(21-01-2015 02:00 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  I've always found it somewhat amusing to have a theist show up claiming they have proof for god. What often follows is a lengthy debate that leads nowhere with no side apparently convinced. So if a god exists and cares so much about what we do - like he gets offended by me masturbating why doesn't he simply settle the matter? People continue to argue over the matter and will even fight religious wars but the god in question can't even do a small miracle. Surely even a voice in the sky saying "I'm here." would be start.

*Post edited slightly for bad grammar.

Well there's the whole existing problem. That kinda get's in the way. Big Grin

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
21-01-2015, 04:44 PM
Quote:He wants to have a love affair with us. Jesus and the bride of the church and all that. Jesus fucking Christ.

But I'm a guy and Jesus is a guy... So does that mean all male Christians are gay? Or is loving Jesus an exception? Smile
[+] 2 users Like thecontemplator's post
21-01-2015, 05:00 PM
(21-01-2015 04:44 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  
Quote:He wants to have a love affair with us. Jesus and the bride of the church and all that. Jesus fucking Christ.

But I'm a guy and Jesus is a guy... So does that mean all male Christians are gay? Or is loving Jesus an exception? Smile

No-no-no-no-no. See you're a creature of spirit, as is Jesus, and as such have no gender, so you can be a bride anyway. And please don't ask inconvenient questions like why you couldn't be the groom in that case or why an asexual spirit Jesus would need a bride instead of friends.
[+] 2 users Like OddGamer's post
21-01-2015, 05:06 PM
(21-01-2015 04:44 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  

Of course Jewsus was gay.

Why else do you think he spent most of his time isolated with twelve other men, going around turning people into "fishers of men"?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
21-01-2015, 05:24 PM
(21-01-2015 04:18 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  CleverUsername

Those 'gyptian babies deserved it!

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.