Why doesn't god settle the debate?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2015, 06:05 PM
RE: Why doesn't god settle the debate?
Any religious person will tell you because of free will and he wants to test you and see what you do and if you do the wrong thing, he sends ya to be tortured for all eternity.

A load of cop out bull shit I know but whatever. They are not interested in the truth or knowledge or anything like that. Only that everyone in the entire world conforms to their belief and 100% of every single human being on the planet is under the totalatarian control of the Christian church like much of the middle east and europe was so long ago.

They want the bronze age back. Those that do not want the extinction of all life on the planet as they are the ones waiting for the rapture to happen and kill everyone they don't like or conforms to their belief. It is actually my theory that a long time ago, Christians realized that world and absolute domination was utterly impossible. So their dreams of absolute control would never come, thus, knowingly brainwashed people into having that very same false hope in the form of the rapture story.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
21-01-2015, 06:30 PM
(21-01-2015 02:00 PM)thecontemplator Wrote:  I've always found it somewhat amusing to have a theist show up claiming they have proof for god. What often follows is a lengthy debate that leads nowhere with no side apparently convinced. So if a god exists and cares so much about what we do - like he gets offended by me masturbating why doesn't he simply settle the matter? People continue to argue over the matter and will even fight religious wars but the god in question can't even do a small miracle. Surely even a voice in the sky saying "I'm here." would be start.

*Post edited slightly for bad grammar.

Because non-existent things don't do anything.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post
22-01-2015, 08:42 AM
Mysterious ways and shit.
[+] 3 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
27-01-2015, 11:32 AM
(21-01-2015 03:03 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(21-01-2015 02:05 PM)pablo Wrote:  Apparently, he doesn't work that way. (Or so I've heard)

Ah, the joy of ad hoc assertions.

Observations:
  • People believe in God.
  • People cannot see God.
Conclusion: God is invisible, obviously. Rolleyes

Have you added to your equation the reasons listed for God's invisibility in the scriptures?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2015, 11:33 AM
(21-01-2015 06:05 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Any religious person will tell you because of free will and he wants to test you and see what you do and if you do the wrong thing, he sends ya to be tortured for all eternity.

A load of cop out bull shit I know but whatever. They are not interested in the truth or knowledge or anything like that. Only that everyone in the entire world conforms to their belief and 100% of every single human being on the planet is under the totalatarian control of the Christian church like much of the middle east and europe was so long ago.

They want the bronze age back. Those that do not want the extinction of all life on the planet as they are the ones waiting for the rapture to happen and kill everyone they don't like or conforms to their belief. It is actually my theory that a long time ago, Christians realized that world and absolute domination was utterly impossible. So their dreams of absolute control would never come, thus, knowingly brainwashed people into having that very same false hope in the form of the rapture story.

While you do not believe in Hell, do you believe in free will? And are you tested in other areas in life besides spiritual areas? Isn't that how education is furthered, testing? Isn't testing how scientists affirm facts?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
27-01-2015, 11:37 AM
It's not that God doesn't show himself, it's that we choose not to see.

For example... Jesus may show up in a cheese sandwich, thereby providing indisputable proof of God's existence. But if we choose not to see Jesus and only see the cheese sandwich then it's not that God hasn't tried to show himself to us, it's that we were blinded by the cheese, which the devil placed on the bread to distract us.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
27-01-2015, 11:41 AM
(27-01-2015 11:37 AM)yakherder Wrote:  It's not that God doesn't show himself, it's that we choose not to see.

For example... Jesus may show up in a cheese sandwich, thereby providing indisputable proof of God's existence. But if we choose not to see Jesus and only see the cheese sandwich then it's not that God hasn't tried to show himself to us, it's that we were blinded by the cheese, which the devil placed on the bread to distract us.

You forgot a dog's ass. The brown eye does not lie.

[Image: o-JESUS-DOG-BUTT-570.jpg?1]

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
27-01-2015, 12:11 PM
It's always amused me that Christians say that God wants us to believe in him on faith - and he actually does stuff like "burying fake dinosaurs" to "test our faith"....

And they have the GALL to say Satan is "the trickster"...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
27-01-2015, 01:22 PM
(21-01-2015 03:03 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(21-01-2015 02:05 PM)pablo Wrote:  Apparently, he doesn't work that way. (Or so I've heard)

Ah, the joy of ad hoc assertions.

Observations:
  • People believe in God.
  • People cannot see God.
Conclusion: God is invisible, obviously. Rolleyes

Observations:[list]
[*]People make testimonies that god spoke to them
[*]People claim that god told them mundane things which they think is important

Conclusion:
people are very hallucinogenic by nature or have been hitting hard on an unknown form of concentrated koolaid
28-01-2015, 11:42 AM
All,

Like, whoa! That's what I get for asking questions...? Smile Here are some proofs of God you can do for yourself:

*Tithe--God says He can prove and reveal Himself by showering financial blessings on givers

*Give other than tithing and see it is more blessed than receiving

*The Bible says "the righteous will have the fill of himself" and the same for the wicked--do well or badly and you will eventually "be feeling it"

*Follow the Bible and test it--Jesus said ANYONE into the Word and following His Word will know the truth--that's His preface to "the truth will set you free"

*Break Bible laws like murder and adultery if you're unsure what good and bad and consequences are--the average person in the world who has never read the Bible will affirm, and has affirmed, the truth of the whole canon of Bible law

*And pray like this, "God, I don't believe in you. But if you exist, I need exceptional, verifiable proof as a rationalist and atheist. If you can REALLY prove to my satisfaction you exist as an invisible entity like most people say you do, I'll trust you and follow you. If not--it doesn't matter."