Why doesn't my whole signature show up?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: Why doesn't my whole signature show up?
(06-09-2013 01:05 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 12:57 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  ^its html code.
Ridethespiral,can you use it in your sig?

That explains it. I'm computer savvy, but not that computer savvy.

I guess I have to spell it out:

1) copy the text I posted
2) paste into your sig
3) change the URL from 'http://webstudiodelta.com/files/rts-sig.gif' to whatever the URL of your image is.
4) Optionally change '#000' (aka:black) to the overflow color of your choice like '#FF00FF'
5) Profit.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 01:16 PM
RTS, so do you just put your whole signature that you want inside those brackets? Thanks!

Find all posts by this user
06-09-2013, 01:17 PM
(06-09-2013 01:08 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 01:05 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  That explains it. I'm computer savvy, but not that computer savvy.

I guess I have to spell it out:

1) copy the text I posted
2) paste into your sig
3) change the URL from 'http://webstudiodelta.com/files/rts-sig.gif' to whatever the URL of your image is.
4) Optionally change '#000' (aka:black) to the overflow color of your choice like '#FF00FF'
5) Profit.

Dammit! Beat me to the punch. I was still typing my reply when... blammo!

Thanks again, dude. Bowing If this works, I shall rep you handsomely...

06-09-2013, 02:40 PM
(06-09-2013 01:01 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(06-09-2013 12:38 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I think it is more because they both play the same genre of music, from the same time, both broke up, and both reunited. Nothing to do with sexiness at all. Tongue

Gotcha. The other person to make the same mistake was also a guy (you are a guy, right? correct me if I'm wrong) who was no doubt not in lurve with Chris like I am.

Yup. I'm a male, and nope, not in love. I do like Chris Cornell.

07-09-2013, 10:04 PM
RTS pointed out that html was allowed in signatures. I don't think I like that since it could allow the site to be exploited.

Hmmm... I may disable that option soon. I would be happy to allow for greater image width in signatures. I think it's a forum plugin that is limiting that. I'll see if I can get it to be less restrictive for signatures.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
08-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Just remove it all together so I can have huge annoying signatures that take up your whole computer screen.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
09-09-2013, 07:42 AM
(07-09-2013 10:04 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  RTS pointed out that html was allowed in signatures. I don't think I like that

Weeping

Nah, it's okay. I'm sure I'll survive without an annoyingly huge picture of Chris for at least a little while longer. Tongue

09-09-2013, 08:15 AM
(07-09-2013 10:04 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  RTS pointed out that html was allowed in signatures. I don't think I like that since it could allow the site to be exploited.

Hmmm... I may disable that option soon. I would be happy to allow for greater image width in signatures. I think it's a forum plugin that is limiting that. I'll see if I can get it to be less restrictive for signatures.

Yeah the character limit coupled with the overflow:hidden; on the parent div and lack of script/style tag support make it pretty benign... It's hard to load more than one image within the character limit, or write any CSS3 animations or anything like that.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2013, 11:11 AM
(09-09-2013 08:15 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  Yeah the character limit coupled with the overflow:hidden; on the parent div and lack of script/style tag support make it pretty benign... It's hard to load more than one image within the character limit, or write any CSS3 animations or anything like that.

I have no idea what you just said here, but I think I have a little bit of a nerd crush on you now. Blush Speak html to me again, lol Tongue

09-09-2013, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2013 02:27 PM by DeepThought.)
(09-09-2013 08:15 AM)ridethespiral Wrote:  
(07-09-2013 10:04 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  RTS pointed out that html was allowed in signatures. I don't think I like that since it could allow the site to be exploited.

Yeah the character limit coupled with the overflow:hidden; on the parent div and lack of script/style tag support make it pretty benign... It's hard to load more than one image within the character limit, or write any CSS3 animations or anything like that.

I might make a bbcode tag for that option you used and make it only work within signatures. Then l can remove the html option and people have a way around the width limit.

Or I could edit a bit of javascript. I wonder id you can circumvent the script tag by putting event handlers and putting something like "click me" in there.

onclick="code here"

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss