Why don't Christians read their bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 12:50 AM
RE: Why don't Christians read their bibles?
Theists do read their bibles, just not with critical thinking skills. Neither do they read anything in that huge book of nonsense that is not proposed by church leaders to read.

That precisely explains why they are so ignorant concerning the book in which they profess to believe is so holy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2015, 12:54 AM
(02-10-2015 12:45 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:44 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Holy fucking word salad Batman!

Also, you don't understand what the scientific method is. Like, at all. So kindly shut the fuck up...
Yeah there you go assuming some more s***.

What did I assume? You demonstrated that you don't know what the scientific method is by your own usage, you stupid shit. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-10-2015, 01:16 AM
(02-10-2015 12:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:45 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Yeah there you go assuming some more s***.

What did I assume? You demonstrated that you don't know what the scientific method is by your own usage, you stupid shit. Drinking Beverage
No, you see ignoramus; for me it is scientific fact, because it was observed and repeatedly tested with constants and singular variables in order to eliminate other probabilities.

I've been over this too; y'all think my "Faith" is really belief from doctrine from some outside societal force or circumstance. In reality I was a hardcore hateful, tempting, adamant atheist. I've always believed hole heartedly in evolution, but didn't wholly understand it in relation to truth or unity or the greater good. Anyway, I "knew"there wasn't a God for years. That's just not the case though.

Y'all are right though. I can't prove shit for you. All I can do is try to warn you and let you know that reality gets a lot better if you abide by peacefulovingkindness with respect towards what made us, in order to stay in that particular good, positive, productive, advancing, blessed, substantial, unique, blissful existence that is wholly beneficial to All existence. And pertinent for ours.
02-10-2015, 01:27 AM
(02-10-2015 01:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All I can do is try to warn you and let you know that reality gets a lot better if you abide by peacefulovingkindness with respect towards what made us,

Or what?

[Image: article-2424697-013F8F1000001005-967_634x416.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-10-2015, 01:31 AM
(02-10-2015 01:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  What did I assume? You demonstrated that you don't know what the scientific method is by your own usage, you stupid shit. Drinking Beverage
No, you see ignoramus; for me it is scientific fact, because it was observed and repeatedly tested with constants and singular variables in order to eliminate other probabilities.

Cool story bro, needs more dragons.

Oh, and peer review. Drinking Beverage

(02-10-2015 01:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I've been over this too; y'all think my "Faith" is really belief from doctrine from some outside societal force or circumstance. In reality I was a hardcore hateful, tempting, adamant atheist. I've always believed hole heartedly in evolution, but didn't wholly understand it in relation to truth or unity or the greater good. Anyway, I "knew"there wasn't a God for years. That's just not the case though.

You talk about science, evolution, and atheism the same way that other snake oil salesmen do. You sound just like Kirk Cameron and Lee Stobel, ignorant hacks claiming to be prior atheist/freethinkers/non-believers simply as a cynical marketing gimmick.

(02-10-2015 01:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Y'all are right though. I can't prove shit for you.

So if you are unable to prove shit to us, because you don't have any evidence, one has to wonder why in the hell you believe it? And if you're that incredulous, how do you discern between which unsubstantiated bullshit to believe in?

(02-10-2015 01:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All I can do is try to warn you and let you know that reality gets a lot better if you abide by peacefulovingkindness with respect towards what made us, in order to stay in that particular good, positive, productive, advancing, blessed, substantial, unique, blissful existence that is wholly beneficial to All existence. And pertinent for ours.

Oh fuck off, and take your presupposition with you...

02-10-2015, 01:41 AM
(02-10-2015 01:16 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I've been over this too; y'all think my "Faith" is really belief from doctrine from some outside societal force or circumstance. In reality I was a hardcore hateful, tempting, adamant atheist. I've always believed hole heartedly in evolution, but didn't wholly understand it in relation to truth or unity or the greater good. Anyway, I "knew"there wasn't a God for years. That's just not the case though.

You know, it's remarkable just how many evangelists will say almost exactly that, while never understanding what either atheism or evolution are.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
02-10-2015, 01:54 AM
EvolutionKills,

Not selling anything ass. And as opposed to the other direction not buying anything either. It's simply the only right and benificial way of being. Just happens to secretly be paid for as long as you do your best to be the most outwardly positive, selfless influence on existence that you can be. This of course, is a variable as we are all different to some extent. It's really easy to tell when your goin right after a short while. If you can't tell your probably manipulating yourself. Meditation and Introspect and some level of asceticism helps. I make grammatical errors, and comunicatw poorly a lot, but I'm not bsing with anyone. Again not sellin nothin.

I discern by knowing the traits of each based on experience, and nondenominational scripltures, and a level of consiousness while maintaining respect and attempting a sinless lifestile
02-10-2015, 01:55 AM
(01-10-2015 11:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The scientific method can be used to desifer a things to an extent. But it has blocked our perception of the inobviouse insisting that existence is but the sum of its parts.

.... wait, what? Science thinks that a living human being is the same as a pile of equivalent amount of chemical elements? I don't think I read the same publications you do...

... or perhaps "sum of its parts" isn't actually an accurate depiction of what the scientific method says about existence.
02-10-2015, 01:57 AM
(02-10-2015 01:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  EvolutionKills,

Not selling anything ass. And as opposed to the other direction not buying anything either. It's simply the only right and benificial way of being. Just happens to secretly be paid for as long as you do your best to be the most outwardly positive, selfless influence on existence that you can be. This of course, is a variable as we are all different to some extent. It's really easy to tell when your goin right after a short while. If you can't tell your probably manipulating yourself. Meditation and Introspect and some level of asceticism helps. I make grammatical errors, and comunicatw poorly a lot, but I'm not bsing with anyone. Again not sellin nothin.

I discern by knowing the traits of each based on experience, and nondenominational scripltures, and a level of consiousness while maintaining respect and attempting a sinless lifestile

More rambling woo presuppositional bulllshit.

We told you before, the lacquer thinner is not for drinking....

[Image: ebd41e5ec76dcc379b19760e59c4205c.jpg]

02-10-2015, 01:59 AM
evolutionkillls,

The nature or the two directions are different and can known by such. It's backed up and verified at times. Still pissy I see.