Why don't Christians read their bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 02:54 AM
RE: Why don't Christians read their bibles?
Science has proven that emotions are not strictly the effect caused by chemical changes but actually cause the changes as well leading to more indeapth thought. Quantum mechanics shows tha pisibility of miracles even though from what I can tell they are strangely subtle in some way. Duality and reciprication is seen in all existence from plant life to entire galaxies. Duality is also sort of observable through the matter/ antimatter relation. Earlier I read about the12 particles and four forces. That has a lot to do with the spiritual truth. Getting tired. Will try more tomorrow. Thanks goodnight.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2015, 02:58 AM
(01-10-2015 11:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Life through experience, nature, and honest introspect. Clouding of conscience through mass manipulation and distraction through greed and further manipulation.
The scientific method can be used to desifer a things to an extent. But it has blocked our perception of the inobviouse insisting that existence is but the sum of its parts. Not saying think/ feel = correct. I'm saying observeable+ hypothetical conclusions are not equal to the extent of existence.

Your confusing greed with sustain.

Well friend it's not a confusion, it's a joint process. Greed among other urges, promotes the ability for people to sustain. Greed is the desire for excess. Seeking excessive amounts of shelter, food, and reproduction caused us to be here today from our ancestors and still to some extent our own actions. Being on the internet is due to the excessively more than needed amount of shelter our societies have built up beyond anything close to what is necessary for our life to be safe or enjoyable.

There is no insisting on this part... you are the one insisting there is MORE. That special knowledge in way of not explainable manners to others, was given to you. YOU are the one with the claims that are pointless and absurd without explanation and evidence. The acceptance of observable physical doesn't diminish and assert with absolute claim the opposite is impossible, it just requires the opposite to demonstrate itself before it accepts it.

I think you're a great case of why people don't read their bibles when they profess their religion. Proclaiming personal knowledge and spewing "spiritual" sounding phrases is just so much more easier and rewarding emotionally to the brain.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-10-2015, 02:59 AM
(01-10-2015 11:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...
The scientific method can be used to desifer a things to an extent.

I'm struggling with this.

Can someone decipher it for me please?

Thanks.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
02-10-2015, 03:01 AM
(02-10-2015 02:43 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 02:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  What don't you get about I can't prove it to you just because it has been proven to me?

My point being is that if you were convinced sans evidence, you're an incredulous fuktard, and your opinion is simply not worth considering.

(02-10-2015 02:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I'm a man. Only God can prove.

Well, sucks to be you. Your god's marketing department is in need of serious work.

(02-10-2015 02:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  And it only proves to whom it chooses.

So your god is a fickle asshole? Good to know...

(02-10-2015 02:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Having an fd up attitude probably won't help to much though.

This is the internet, you can cuss. We won't wash out your mouth with soap, little boy.

(02-10-2015 02:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Do what you want. Don't take my word and science and prophetic/ historically revealing ancient texts from around time and space as they pertain to earth for it.

That's cool, because I wasn't. As you've clearly indicated here, your understanding of what constitutes 'science' is infantile at best.

(02-10-2015 02:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Shit, the the millions upon millions of people that even though are off in one way or another and lack a personal connection or right guidance still believe.

Argumentum ad Populum.

How fucking original... Dodgy

Just because millions of people 'believed' that the world was flat didn't make actually make the world any flatter, holy fucking shit...

(02-10-2015 02:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I mean do you really think there is no higher power than you.

I don't presume to know. However I do know, that you don't know, and you need to stop acting like you do. How do I know? Your baseless assertions are not evidence, and if you don't have evidence to back up what you 'know', then you don't actually 'know' it; you merely believe in it, and I don't give a flying fuck about what some incredulous ignoramus 'believes' in without evidence.

(02-10-2015 02:33 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  We didn't come from nothing all by itself. It's impossible. So stop bein so bent.

More baseless assertions. You cannot possibly know that, so stop pretending like you do.

Jackass.

Oh, and go get bent. Drinking Beverage
Your whole reasoning is still flawed in that you think my evidence has to be yours. Thinks come and go Ass. Not everything can be captures or recorded adequately enough to constitute as evidence five years later. You still act like I'm selling you something. I'm not. Believe it or not things can be given freely.
02-10-2015, 03:03 AM
(02-10-2015 02:51 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  EK in another tryout for the welcoming committee. Dodgy

They won't let me be the door bouncer, so I cannot be blamed when people start flinging presuppositional bullshit all over the walls.

But that doesn't stop me from getting a tad ornery whenever I have to witness the aforementioned poo-flinging based wall remodeling. I don't bite off peoples head's in the Introduction section, I do at least wait for them to roam onto the deep end. If they don't want to swim here, they can put their water-wings back on and stay in the kiddie pool; but if they insist on swimming in the deep end... Evil_monster

[Image: water-wings-2.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-10-2015, 03:03 AM
(02-10-2015 02:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Science has proven that emotions are not strictly the effect caused by chemical changes but actually cause the changes as well leading to more indeapth thought. Quantum mechanics shows tha pisibility of miracles even though from what I can tell they are strangely subtle in some way. Duality and reciprication is seen in all existence from plant life to entire galaxies. Duality is also sort of observable through the matter/ antimatter relation. Earlier I read about the12 particles and four forces. That has a lot to do with the spiritual truth. Getting tired. Will try more tomorrow. Thanks goodnight.

You have peer-reviewed citations for these claims, I assume?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
02-10-2015, 03:04 AM
(02-10-2015 02:58 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(01-10-2015 11:43 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Life through experience, nature, and honest introspect. Clouding of conscience through mass manipulation and distraction through greed and further manipulation.
The scientific method can be used to desifer a things to an extent. But it has blocked our perception of the inobviouse insisting that existence is but the sum of its parts. Not saying think/ feel = correct. I'm saying observeable+ hypothetical conclusions are not equal to the extent of existence.

Your confusing greed with sustain.

Well friend it's not a confusion, it's a joint process. Greed among other urges, promotes the ability for people to sustain. Greed is the desire for excess. Seeking excessive amounts of shelter, food, and reproduction caused us to be here today from our ancestors and still to some extent our own actions. Being on the internet is due to the excessively more than needed amount of shelter our societies have built up beyond anything close to what is necessary for our life to be safe or enjoyable.

There is no insisting on this part... you are the one insisting there is MORE. That special knowledge in way of not explainable manners to others, was given to you. YOU are the one with the claims that are pointless and absurd without explanation and evidence. The acceptance of observable physical doesn't diminish and assert with absolute claim the opposite is impossible, it just requires the opposite to demonstrate itself before it accepts it.

I think you're a great case of why people don't read their bibles when they profess their religion. Proclaiming personal knowledge and spewing "spiritual" sounding phrases is just so much more easier and rewarding emotionally to the brain.
To bad it's all backed by the bible and science then.
02-10-2015, 03:05 AM
Seeking excess has little to do with our survival as we do not hibernate.
02-10-2015, 03:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 03:10 AM by ClydeLee.)
(02-10-2015 03:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 02:58 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Well friend it's not a confusion, it's a joint process. Greed among other urges, promotes the ability for people to sustain. Greed is the desire for excess. Seeking excessive amounts of shelter, food, and reproduction caused us to be here today from our ancestors and still to some extent our own actions. Being on the internet is due to the excessively more than needed amount of shelter our societies have built up beyond anything close to what is necessary for our life to be safe or enjoyable.

To bad it's all backed by the bible and science then.

And by "It's" you mean?

You know... you say how you want positivity and don't want to bred negative emotion and attacks back at people. Then LEARN how to act and not be so dense about it. All you've just said here is a ton of assertions.

You're gonna get called an ignoramus because you are being nothing but a foolish troll just spewing assertions. What caused you to believe these claims? Put it directly in there instead of saying.. this is a case.. and this is a case. Put some sources, articles, claims, that are coherent and accurate to what you are saying if you want to connect good feeling interaction.

(02-10-2015 03:05 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Seeking excess has little to do with our survival as we do not hibernate.

Literally makes no sense.. so what we don't hibernate? And that means anything? No. It means many many things that express how different species have evolved to handle environmental situations differently.

If actually have to expound logically and with rational points other than. Well THIS or it's backed up by the bible. Or I know it because I know it. That's not an argument that means anything.

Seeking excess helps survival in a great deal of ways. You are out-competing your adversaries in the world for resources. Getting better advantages of these resources will help your chances to survive. So we seek more than we need so we have enough. That's where greed comes in and how it lasts and helps creatures live.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-10-2015, 03:09 AM
(02-10-2015 03:01 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Your whole reasoning is still flawed in that you think my evidence has to be yours. Thinks come and go Ass. Not everything can be captures or recorded adequately enough to constitute as evidence five years later. You still act like I'm selling you something. I'm not. Believe it or not things can be given freely.

If your evidence is not objective, independently verifiable or reproducible, then it's not evidence. So if you don't actually have any evidence, I have to question why you believe what you do. Since you have none, I am only left with concluding it's because you're too incredulous. Which in and of itself isn't a a bad thing, but when you start flinging presuppositional bullshit all over the place, that's when we're going to have issues with one another.

You can be an incredulous glue-sniffing, woo-drinking idiot all you want; but if you voice that stupidity here on this forum, you will be challenged. Now knowing this, stop acting like I'm the asshole because I don't give you a fucking pass. If you don't want your opinions challenged, keep them to yourself.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post