Why don't Christians read their bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 03:14 AM
RE: Why don't Christians read their bibles?
I look forward to the challenges. The derogatory comments that lead to a decline in mutual respect which is needed for productive conversation is what I could do without.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2015, 03:25 AM
(02-10-2015 03:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I look forward to the challenges. The derogatory comments that lead to a decline in mutual respect which is needed for productive conversation is what I could do without.

Your behavior on here constantly being unproductive is the reason you don't get productive conversation. You only get the respect you earn here, you aren't awarded excess respect because you want it.

Change your behavior and language and the responses will change. There is also no amount of evidence in your case that someone else changing their behavior will cause you to change. Because you've constantly acted this way for months on here. However, this is evidence of people with attitudes not whining about other attitudes, not asserting things without evidence, not speaking in loose Chopra-esk verbiage, etc... that get treated well and have productive conversation. That's actually how a lot of the conversations on here go so there is plenty of evidence for it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
02-10-2015, 03:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 04:07 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(02-10-2015 03:14 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I look forward to the challenges. The derogatory comments that lead to a decline in mutual respect which is needed for productive conversation is what I could do without.

Then start making fucking sense.

Don't spout bullshit, then get butt-hurt when we demand that you back up your claims with evidence; put-up or shut-up, simple as that.

Respect starts with you. You were given the benefit of the doubt when you got here, and you have done nothing since to warrant anything but dismissal and derision. You've dug yourself a hole, continuing along the same path will only dig you further down. You've now had it explained to you how to dig yourself out.

Good luck.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-10-2015, 03:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 03:59 AM by Octapulse.)
(02-10-2015 02:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Quantum mechanics shows tha pisibility of miracles

This sums up "miracles" nicely because the notion stinks like piss

I find it hilarious that the same person who was just asking us for resources to learn a very basic understanding of the quantum standard model now proposes to lecture us on how it proves god Facepalm

You cannot seriously look at quantum weirdness and because you don't have an explanation yet, say therefore god. That is an argument out of ignorance and you are chock full of that.

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Octapulse's post
02-10-2015, 04:37 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 08:19 AM by Rkane819.)
(01-10-2015 09:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(30-09-2015 08:58 PM)Rkane819 Wrote:  Why don't most Christians read this thing?
how many exactly is "the most of Christians"? please provide the number.

Fair enough, the word "most" was definitely an over generalization. What I was referring to were the vast majority of everyday Christians I encounter (online and in person, not pastors or theologians). I have only one friend who takes his faith very seriously and studies scripture often. So I did not mean to place every Christian in a box, but literally every other one that I know can tell you a few verses or parables they find meaningful but none have read it all the way through (particularly the OT) and my coworker whom I posted about initially seems to be actively avoiding having to read it which I find baffling. If I actually believed the creator of the universe wrote a book (or influenced the book) I'd be up all night with it but all my coworker can talk about is "the case for grace" by lee Strobel.
02-10-2015, 06:25 AM
(02-10-2015 03:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If your evidence is not objective, independently verifiable or reproducible, then it's not evidence. So if you don't actually have any evidence, I have to question why you believe what you do. Since you have none, I am only left with concluding it's because you're too incredulous. Which in and of itself isn't a a bad thing, but when you start flinging presuppositional bullshit all over the place, that's when we're going to have issues with one another.

You can be an incredulous glue-sniffing, woo-drinking idiot all you want; but if you voice that stupidity here on this forum, you will be challenged. Now knowing this, stop acting like I'm the asshole because I don't give you a fucking pass. If you don't want your opinions challenged, keep them to yourself.

Thumbsup

Looks like I missed all the fun.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
02-10-2015, 08:23 AM
(02-10-2015 04:37 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  Fair enough, the word "most" was definitely an over generalization. What I was referring to were the vast majority of everyday Christians I encounter (not pastors or theologians).
OK, I believe you.
(02-10-2015 04:37 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  ... and my coworker whom I posted about initially seems to be actively avoiding having to read it which I find baffling.
May be it is very hard for her to understand the Bible. So, she doesn't want to waste her time. She reads only what she understands and she actually learns something.
(02-10-2015 04:37 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  If I actually believed the creator of the universe wrote a book (or influenced the book) I'd be up all night with it
You don't know this. You also have to understand the book and if you don't you will waste your time by looking at it. (especially all night) Smile
(02-10-2015 04:37 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  but all my coworker can talk about is "the case for grace" by lee Strobel.
So, she probably believes that this Strobel understands the Bible better.
You see, God doesn't expect us to do things perfectly or understand things perfectly. He doesn't expect us to read the Bible 100%. But He expects us to do all we can. May be only that part of the Bible is ALL she can understand and she is too shy to tell you this.
God will accept it. The rest is covered by Grace.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
02-10-2015, 08:23 AM
(02-10-2015 02:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Science has proven that emotions are not strictly the effect caused by chemical changes but actually cause the changes as well leading to more indeapth thought. Quantum mechanics shows tha pisibility of miracles even though from what I can tell they are strangely subtle in some way. Duality and reciprication is seen in all existence from plant life to entire galaxies. Duality is also sort of observable through the matter/ antimatter relation. Earlier I read about the12 particles and four forces. That has a lot to do with the spiritual truth. Getting tired. Will try more tomorrow. Thanks goodnight.

WTF did anything you just said have to do with subatomic theory?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
02-10-2015, 08:30 AM
(02-10-2015 03:55 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 02:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Quantum mechanics shows tha pisibility of miracles

I find it hilarious that the same person who was just asking us for resources to learn a very basic understanding of the quantum standard model now proposes to lecture us on how it proves god Facepalm

Holy Spirit in action, man. Laugh out load

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 08:31 AM
(02-10-2015 08:30 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 03:55 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  I find it hilarious that the same person who was just asking us for resources to learn a very basic understanding of the quantum standard model now proposes to lecture us on how it proves god Facepalm

Holy Spirit in action, man. Laugh out load

Holy Spooky Action.