Why don't Christians read their bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 09:31 AM
RE: Why don't Christians read their bibles?
(02-10-2015 09:27 AM)Alla Wrote:  By the way, the Bible is not the contract.

It is. It says love me, if you don't burn forever .

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
02-10-2015, 09:40 AM
(02-10-2015 09:27 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:14 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  You don't have to understand the contract, but you better sign it or I will kill and torture you forever.

Yeah.....that's a great deal.

That's horrible deal.
God doesn't kill and torture forever for not signing the contract.
You may not understand what is written in the contract.
P.S. You may not even have an opportunity to read the contract.

WOW! I thought I had seen the depths of stupidity in this thread already... Weeping

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
02-10-2015, 09:42 AM
(02-10-2015 09:31 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:27 AM)Alla Wrote:  By the way, the Bible is not the contract.

It is. It says love me, if you don't burn forever .

The Bible says many other things like Adam partook of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil.
The Bible is not the contract.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
02-10-2015, 09:46 AM
(02-10-2015 09:42 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:31 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  It is. It says love me, if you don't burn forever .

The Bible says many other things like Adam partook of the fruit of knowledge of good and evil.
The Bible is not the contract.

Yes the bible includes other myths, but face it, non-believers burning in hell is a central tenet of the bible.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 2 users Like Imathinker's post
02-10-2015, 09:54 AM
(02-10-2015 09:46 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  Yes the bible includes other myths, but face it, non-believers burning in hell is a central tenet of the bible.

No, this is not the central tenet of the Bible. The central tenet of the Bible is the Atonement of Christ. It means that ALL people are saved from hell(death) even non-believers.
The Bible says that because of one man Adam ALL people(word "all" includes non-believers) go to hell(physical death) but because of Man Christ ALL people(word "all" includes non-believers) will live(salvation from hell/death).

Nobody is burning in hell. There is no fire in hell. There is no fire in Outer Darkness. If it was fire(light) over there it wouldn't be called Outer DARKNESS.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
02-10-2015, 10:30 AM
(02-10-2015 09:54 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:46 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  Yes the bible includes other myths, but face it, non-believers burning in hell is a central tenet of the bible.

No, this is not the central tenet of the Bible. The central tenet of the Bible is the Atonement of Christ. It means that ALL people are saved from hell(death) even non-believers.
The Bible says that because of one man Adam ALL people(word "all" includes non-believers) go to hell(physical death) but because of Man Christ ALL people(word "all" includes non-believers) will live(salvation from hell/death).

Nobody is burning in hell. There is no fire in hell. There is no fire in Outer Darkness. If it was fire(light) over there it wouldn't be called Outer DARKNESS.

Well, it's a good thing your Outer Darkness is just as much make-believe presupositional bullshit as Sheol, Hades, and Hell. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
02-10-2015, 10:31 AM
(02-10-2015 09:54 AM)Alla Wrote:  

For starters, the Bible says nothing of the sort. In fact it's very specific and unambiguous about this type of thing. One of the few times in the Bible where that is true.

Second, IF this were even remotely true. Why the fuck would anyone follow the restrictive and arbitrary rules made by religion? Also, if everyone is already saved, why the fuck do you care what we do or think?

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
02-10-2015, 10:37 AM
(02-10-2015 10:31 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  For starters, the Bible says nothing of the sort. In fact it's very specific and unambiguous about this type of thing. One of the few times in the Bible where that is true.

Second, IF this were even remotely true. Why the fuck would anyone follow the restrictive and arbitrary rules made by religion? Also, if everyone is already saved, why the fuck do you care what we do or think?

[Image: jesussaves.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-10-2015, 10:44 AM
(02-10-2015 03:55 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 02:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Quantum mechanics shows tha pisibility of miracles

This sums up "miracles" nicely because the notion stinks like piss

I find it hilarious that the same person who was just asking us for resources to learn a very basic understanding of the quantum standard model now proposes to lecture us on how it proves god Facepalm

You cannot seriously look at quantum weirdness and because you don't have an explanation yet, say therefore god. That is an argument out of ignorance and you are chock full of that.
I've known about the hypothesis of quantization for some time thank you. Skimming over the thread that I asked about didn't specify quantum mechanics upon initial look. I wasn't asking about anything but the theory of 12 particles and 4 forces. For me it had little to do with sub atomic understanding because I didn't know what y'all where talking about.
02-10-2015, 10:49 AM
(02-10-2015 10:44 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 03:55 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  This sums up "miracles" nicely because the notion stinks like piss

I find it hilarious that the same person who was just asking us for resources to learn a very basic understanding of the quantum standard model now proposes to lecture us on how it proves god Facepalm

You cannot seriously look at quantum weirdness and because you don't have an explanation yet, say therefore god. That is an argument out of ignorance and you are chock full of that.
I've known about the hypothesis of quantization for some time thank you. Skimming over the thread that I asked about didn't specify quantum mechanics upon initial look. I wasn't asking about anything but the theory of 12 particles and 4 forces. For me it had little to do with sub atomic understanding because I didn't know what y'all where talking about.

And you still don't. . .

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Octapulse's post