Why don't Christians read their bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 10:50 AM
RE: Why don't Christians read their bibles?
(02-10-2015 08:23 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 02:54 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Science has proven that emotions are not strictly the effect caused by chemical changes but actually cause the changes as well leading to more indeapth thought. Quantum mechanics shows tha pisibility of miracles even though from what I can tell they are strangely subtle in some way. Duality and reciprication is seen in all existence from plant life to entire galaxies. Duality is also sort of observable through the matter/ antimatter relation. Earlier I read about the12 particles and four forces. That has a lot to do with the spiritual truth. Getting tired. Will try more tomorrow. Thanks goodnight.

WTF did anything you just said have to do with subatomic theory?
All observable existence is comprised of a substance that is not static and all connected. That alone allows for infinite possibility and unexplainable phenomenon based solely on observations of the physical. Everything sorta vibrates and these vibrations can fluctuate. The fact that all is generally the same substance and able to fluctuate in behaviour in relation to all else leaves the door open for literally any possibility.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2015, 10:52 AM
(02-10-2015 10:31 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  For starters, the Bible says nothing of the sort. In fact it's very specific and unambiguous about this type of thing. One of the few times in the Bible where that is true.
Bible talks about Outer Darkness. There is no fire in Outer Darkness.

(02-10-2015 10:31 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Also, if everyone is already saved, why the fuck do you care what we do or think?
All people are saved from hell(physical death), but not all people can enter Heaven or have exaltation. Not all people can become co-heirs with Christ.
I don't care about what you think or do, it is not my business. But I am explaining what the Bible teaches and what it doesn't teach. We discuss the Bible in this thread.
The Bible teaches that ALL people are saved from death(hell) because of the atonement of Christ.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
02-10-2015, 10:54 AM
(02-10-2015 09:05 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 08:23 AM)Alla Wrote:  So, she probably believes that this Strobel understands the Bible better.
You see, God doesn't expect us to do things perfectly or understand things perfectly. He doesn't expect us to read the Bible 100%. But He expects us to do all we can. May be only that part of the Bible is ALL she can understand and she is too shy to tell you this.
God will accept it. The rest is covered by Grace.

So basically if the bible is so fucked up that it's incomprehensible and christians don't even want to try to understand it...then they can let some author blow sunshine up their ass about how great god is. Consider
No. Any clarification of scripture is to be backed by scripture and good works in order to "prove" it's sound alignment with the teachings of Christ.
02-10-2015, 10:57 AM
(02-10-2015 09:14 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:09 AM)Alla Wrote:  Oh, and you don't know if they try or they don't try to understand the Bible. May be they try but they can't. Nobody can understand the Bible fully. Nobody has to understand it fully. it is not required by God.

You don't have to understand the contract, but you better sign it or I will kill and torture you forever.

Yeah.....that's a great deal.
It's a contract for eternal bliss, and it's free. Damnation comes at the price of your soul and isn't eternal. Not to mention one way helps you and others while the other way just makes more negativity.
02-10-2015, 10:58 AM
(02-10-2015 10:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 08:23 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  WTF did anything you just said have to do with subatomic theory?
All observable existence is comprised of a substance that is not static and all connected. That alone allows for infinite possibility and unexplainable phenomenon based solely on observations of the physical. Everything sorta vibrates and these vibrations can fluctuate. The fact that all is generally the same substance and able to fluctuate in behaviour in relation to all else leaves the door open for literally any possibility.

[Image: 4K0ugha.gif]

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 10:58 AM
(02-10-2015 09:31 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:27 AM)Alla Wrote:  By the way, the Bible is not the contract.

It is. It says love me, if you don't burn forever .
It says love in general so you won't do bad shit. The result of which is more bad shit.
02-10-2015, 11:06 AM
(02-10-2015 10:52 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 10:31 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  For starters, the Bible says nothing of the sort. In fact it's very specific and unambiguous about this type of thing. One of the few times in the Bible where that is true.
Bible talks about Outer Darkness. There is no fire in Outer Darkness.

(02-10-2015 10:31 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Also, if everyone is already saved, why the fuck do you care what we do or think?
All people are saved from hell(physical death), but not all people can enter Heaven or have exaltation. Not all people can become co-heirs with Christ.
I don't care about what you think or do, it is not my business. But I am explaining what the Bible teaches and what it doesn't teach. We discuss the Bible in this thread.
The Bible teaches that ALL people are saved from death(hell) because of the atonement of Christ.

[citations needed]

You quite obviously are not reading from the same Bible as the rest of the world. Drinking Beverage

Jesus very specifically states that the only way into Heaven is through belief in him.

And try reading... it really helps when trying to communicate your point. At NO point did I mention or say a damn thing about fire... But somehow you thought that was an actual cohesive response to my statement. Dodgy

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
02-10-2015, 11:09 AM
(02-10-2015 10:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All observable existence is comprised of a substance that is not static and all connected. That alone allows for infinite possibility and unexplainable phenomenon based solely on observations of the physical. Everything sorta vibrates and these vibrations can fluctuate. The fact that all is generally the same substance and able to fluctuate in behaviour in relation to all else leaves the door open for literally any possibility.

You do not understand quantum mechanics.

You do not even grasp the basic principles of quantum mechanics.

Do not attempt to tell others what quantum mechanics indicates.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
02-10-2015, 11:19 AM

(02-10-2015 09:54 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:46 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  Yes the bible includes other myths, but face it, non-believers burning in hell is a central tenet of the bible.

No, this is not the central tenet of the Bible. The central tenet of the Bible is the Atonement of Christ. It means that ALL people are saved from hell(death) even non-believers.
The Bible says that because of one man Adam ALL people(word "all" includes non-believers) go to hell(physical death) but because of Man Christ ALL people(word "all" includes non-believers) will live(salvation from hell/death).

Nobody is burning in hell. There is no fire in hell. There is no fire in Outer Darkness. If it was fire(light) over there it wouldn't be called Outer DARKNESS.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
02-10-2015, 11:42 AM
(02-10-2015 11:06 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  You quite obviously are not reading from the same Bible as the rest of the world. Drinking Beverage
And you quite obviously are not reading what I say the Bible says.
(02-10-2015 11:06 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Jesus very specifically states that the only way into Heaven is through belief in him.
This is what I just said in my post above. Not all people can enter Heaven or to have exaltation or to become co-heirs with Christ.
But where does the Bible say that all those who will NOT enter Heaven are not saved from hell(death)?
All people are saved from death(HELL) because of one Man Christ.
But not all who are saved from death(HELL) will enter Heaven.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED