Why don't Christians read their bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 11:52 AM
RE: Why don't Christians read their bibles?
(02-10-2015 10:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All observable existence is comprised of a substance that is not static and all connected. That alone allows for infinite possibility and unexplainable phenomenon based solely on observations of the physical. Everything sorta vibrates and these vibrations can fluctuate. The fact that all is generally the same substance and able to fluctuate in behaviour in relation to all else leaves the door open for literally any possibility.

And the evidence for any of that is? Repeatedly spewing unsubstantiated bullshit makes you look even more like a clown, if that is possible.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
02-10-2015, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2015 11:59 AM by Rkane819.)
(02-10-2015 09:09 AM)Alla Wrote:  Oh, and you don't know if they try or they don't try to understand the Bible. May be they try but they can't. Nobody can understand the Bible fully. Nobody has to understand it fully. it is not required by God.

Why can't someone understand it fully? Why isn't that a possibility? If I write a message to my employees and they come back to me confused or with tons of questions on the content I don't tell them they didn't understand it fully, more than likely I wasn't clear enough about the information/instructions I am trying to communicate. It's my fault. I was a mild believer growing up but then I read the book, couldn't believe what was in there and because I didn't have strong emotional or familial attachments to the faith it wasn't too rough to discard it.
You mention the bible not being a contract per se but it is the most compressive source of compiled information on Yahweh and Jesus, how else are the masses supposed to learn the creation/fall/salvation narrative if the bible hadn't been passed down from generations past? No everyday Christians I encounter are quoting the writings of Eusebius or Africanus.
I realize the whole faith/grace aspect but since I don't have a minor in hermeneutics and saw the bible and its stories as a man made invention, is my interpretation invalid?
02-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Man, Alla should come with a warning label. Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-10-2015, 12:19 PM
(02-10-2015 11:52 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 10:50 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All observable existence is comprised of a substance that is not static and all connected. That alone allows for infinite possibility and unexplainable phenomenon based solely on observations of the physical. Everything sorta vibrates and these vibrations can fluctuate. The fact that all is generally the same substance and able to fluctuate in behaviour in relation to all else leaves the door open for literally any possibility.

And the evidence for any of that is? Repeatedly spewing unsubstantiated bullshit makes you look even more like a clown, if that is possible.
Y'all act retarded. The biggest part of the scientific process it to eliminate possibilities to find the answer through process of elimination.

If there is no viable, unsubstantiated, yet educated hypothesis, then what would we test and henceforth eliminate?

Y'all talk so much shit, and have all the power, resources, and capacities to test these things, but instead of approaching them quizzically, you badger the messenger. It is not my job to provide what y'all consider sole proof. You have the means, and thusforth the responsibility to test theories as any scientific, free thinking individual would. If the things I am attempting to convey where not all intertwined and clean with few loose ends then I would maybe understand more. I get it, how convenient, right. That's exactly how I see it too. I simply do not have the resources to test the things I know. Others do. Just the nature of the beast I suppose. Still shouldn't limit scientific inquiry of feasible possibilities based on personal interpretation of another individual's disposition.
02-10-2015, 12:20 PM
(02-10-2015 11:53 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  Why can't someone understand it fully? Why isn't that a possibility?
these are the reasons:
1)the Bible has lots of symbols. Symbols have meaning. If God doesn't reveal the meaning of symbols no mortal man will figure it out.
If you don't know foreign language you can not understand it without interpreter.
2)God will give understanding according to the faith and according to desire to understand.
3)our brains do not have capacity to understand everything.

(02-10-2015 11:53 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  If I write a message to my employees and they come back to me confused or with tons of questions on the content I don't tell them they didn't understand it fully, more than likely I wasn't clear enough about the information/instructions I am trying to communicate. It's my fault.
God teaches in symbolic language on purpose. Not ALL people should understand His teaching. Understanding of God's teaching is PRIVILEGE and BLESSING and only for those who believe and who want to understand.
Those who do not believe do NOT need to understand. It would be useless.
(02-10-2015 11:53 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  I was a mild believer growing up but then I read the book, couldn't believe what was in there and because I didn't have strong emotional or familial attachments to the faith it wasn't too rough to discard it.
It doesn't matter. There is no big difference between "mild believer" and "atheist".
Even if you understood the Bible fully it wouldn't be enough. There is no fullness of the Gospel in it.
(02-10-2015 11:53 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  You mention the bible not being a contract per se but it is the most compressive source of compiled information on Yahweh and Jesus,
Ok, but it is not a contract. Oh, by the way Yahweh is Jesus not two different men.
(02-10-2015 11:53 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  how else are the masses supposed to learn the creation/fall/salvation narrative if the bible hadn't been passed down from generations past?
How? Through the prophets whom God sends. Isn't how we have the Bible: through the prophets who LIVED on Earth?
He speaks to His children in the same manner - through LIVING prophets.
(02-10-2015 11:53 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  I realize the whole faith/grace aspect but since I don't have a minor in hermeneutics and saw the bible and its stories as a man made invention, is my interpretation invalid?
Your interpretation of the Bible doesn't matter. The Bible is full of errors and it has no fullness of the Gospel.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
02-10-2015, 12:38 PM
(02-10-2015 11:53 AM)Rkane819 Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 09:09 AM)Alla Wrote:  Oh, and you don't know if they try or they don't try to understand the Bible. May be they try but they can't. Nobody can understand the Bible fully. Nobody has to understand it fully. it is not required by God.

Why can't someone understand it fully? Why isn't that a possibility? If I write a message to my employees and they come back to me confused or with tons of questions on the content I don't tell them they didn't understand it fully, more than likely I wasn't clear enough about the information/instructions I am trying to communicate. It's my fault. I was a mild believer growing up but then I read the book, couldn't believe what was in there and because I didn't have strong emotional or familial attachments to the faith it wasn't too rough to discard it.
You mention the bible not being a contract per se but it is the most compressive source of compiled information on Yahweh and Jesus, how else are the masses supposed to learn the creation/fall/salvation narrative if the bible hadn't been passed down from generations past? No everyday Christians I encounter are quoting the writings of Eusebius or Africanus.
I realize the whole faith/grace aspect but since I don't have a minor in hermeneutics and saw the bible and its stories as a man made invention, is my interpretation invalid?
Invalid in that it was and is interpretation and henceforth not invention. Look back further to other ancient belief systems and geological signs. It is clear that we have lost touch with a very real spiritual side of existence itself. This started mainstream upon the age of enlightenment which was actually the onset of darkness and lack of spiritual sight or sense. This was set on by Rome(today's mainstream societal interpretation system) and partly by the ancient RCC and other pagans. This, in turn, lead to more idol worship of material possessions(greed), as opposed to the connection and use of the direction imbued into all creation which is beneficial to all creation. I believe this was intentional at that time. The churches(religions) are aware that there is a change in the air. This is observable to them in some way, and as such observable to me in a tertiary or substantiating manner.
02-10-2015, 12:51 PM
(02-10-2015 12:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Y'all talk so much shit, and have all the power, resources, and capacities to test these things, but instead of approaching them quizzically, you badger the messenger. It is not my job to provide what y'all consider sole proof. You have the means, and thusforth the responsibility to test theories as any scientific, free thinking individual would. If the things I am attempting to convey where not all intertwined and clean with few loose ends then I would maybe understand more. I get it, how convenient, right. That's exactly how I see it too. I simply do not have the resources to test the things I know. Others do. Just the nature of the beast I suppose. Still shouldn't limit scientific inquiry of feasible possibilities based on personal interpretation of another individual's disposition.

If you cannot test it, to reliably and repeatedly demonstrate that it is in fact true beyond a reasonable doubt, then you do not 'know' it! And it is not incumbent upon us to test out every fucking piece of woo that comes our way. You come here with a claim, and act like we're the assholes because we don't put in the work of validating your bullshit.

For fuck's sake you incredulous wanker... Facepalm

[Image: gofuckyourself-mov-o.gif]

For someone running on and on about the scientific method, you know fuck all about the null hypothesis...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-10-2015, 01:00 PM
(02-10-2015 12:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Y'all talk so much shit, and have all the power, resources, and capacities to test these things, but instead of approaching them quizzically, you badger the messenger. It is not my job to provide what y'all consider sole proof. You have the means, and thusforth the responsibility to test theories as any scientific, free thinking individual would. If the things I am attempting to convey where not all intertwined and clean with few loose ends then I would maybe understand more. I get it, how convenient, right. That's exactly how I see it too. I simply do not have the resources to test the things I know. Others do. Just the nature of the beast I suppose. Still shouldn't limit scientific inquiry of feasible possibilities based on personal interpretation of another individual's disposition.

If you cannot test it, to reliably and repeatedly demonstrate that it is in fact true beyond a reasonable doubt, then you do not 'know' it! And it is not incumbent upon us to test out every fucking piece of woo that comes our way. You come here with a claim, and act like we're the assholes because we don't put in the work of validating your bullshit.

For someone running on and on about the scientific method, you know fuck all about the null hypothesis...
A null hypothesis is one that is wholly unsubstantiated. It would be completely without merit. There is a slim difference as mine is plausible, and simple, not elaborate, but very neatly tucked away. It isn't a partial thing like pretty much all other scientific fact. It is the connecting piece, or board to which all is applied to form a functioning whole.
02-10-2015, 01:01 PM
(02-10-2015 01:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 12:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If you cannot test it, to reliably and repeatedly demonstrate that it is in fact true beyond a reasonable doubt, then you do not 'know' it! And it is not incumbent upon us to test out every fucking piece of woo that comes our way. You come here with a claim, and act like we're the assholes because we don't put in the work of validating your bullshit.

A null hypothesis is one that is wholly unsubstantiated. It would be completely without merit. There is a slim difference as mine is plausible, and simple, not elaborate, but very neatly tucked away. It isn't a partial thing like pretty much all other scientific fact. It is the connecting piece, or board to which all is applied to form a functioning whole.

HAHAHAHAAHA. He doesn't even know what the null hypothesis is... not surprising and it explains a lot.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
02-10-2015, 01:11 PM
[Image: null_hypothesis.png]

https://xkcd.com/892/

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post