Why don't Christians read their bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 01:19 PM
RE: Why don't Christians read their bibles?
(02-10-2015 01:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  A null hypothesis is one that is wholly unsubstantiated. It would be completely without merit.

No.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
(02-10-2015 01:00 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  A null hypothesis is one that is wholly unsubstantiated. It would be completely without merit. There is a slim difference as mine is plausible, and simple, not elaborate, but very neatly tucked away. It isn't a partial thing like pretty much all other scientific fact. It is the connecting piece, or board to which all is applied to form a functioning whole.

You could have saved yourself a lot of effort by just replying.

"Null hypothesis, what is that?"

But no, really, we appreciate the low-rent Deepak Chopra gibberish.

Fucking dumbass... Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
(02-10-2015 01:11 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  [Image: null_hypothesis.png]

https://xkcd.com/892/

Pops is probably looking at this thinking "Yeah, that's what I said!!!" Laughat

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
02-10-2015, 01:28 PM
Man, the pops and Alla show sure is good for some good laughs on a Friday afternoon!Popcorn

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 3 users Like Timber1025's post
02-10-2015, 01:31 PM
(02-10-2015 01:28 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Man, the pops and Alla show sure is good for some good laughs on a Friday afternoon!Popcorn

Haha, yeah, but I had to start listening to a Dawkins/Krauss discussion so that my brain didn't atrophy from the dumb.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
02-10-2015, 01:41 PM
(02-10-2015 01:31 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 01:28 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Man, the pops and Alla show sure is good for some good laughs on a Friday afternoon!Popcorn

Haha, yeah, but I had to start listening to a Dawkins/Krauss discussion so that my brain didn't atrophy from the dumb.
To bad none of Dawkins base evolutional "findings" insist the absence of a watch maker, only a limited selfish view. Evolution works as a whole pertaining to all creation. Again insisting there is no watch maker because you yourself cannot put together the pieces in a functional whole state is pretty big headed, egotistical, and wrong.
02-10-2015, 01:44 PM
(02-10-2015 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To bad none of Dawkins base evolutional "findings" insist the absence of a watch maker, only a limited selfish view. Evolution works as a whole pertaining to all creation. Again insisting there is no watch maker because you yourself cannot put together the pieces in a functional whole state is pretty big headed, egotistical, and wrong.

No one insists that there is no designer because we cannot imagine how they did it.

We conclude that there is no designer because there is no evidence of design.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
02-10-2015, 01:45 PM
(02-10-2015 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 01:31 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Haha, yeah, but I had to start listening to a Dawkins/Krauss discussion so that my brain didn't atrophy from the dumb.
To bad none of Dawkins base evolutional "findings" insist the absence of a watch maker, only a limited selfish view. Evolution works as a whole pertaining to all creation. Again insisting there is no watch maker because you yourself cannot put together the pieces in a functional whole state is pretty big headed, egotistical, and wrong.

Wow, man. Do you actually comprehend anything science related? Go look up the definition of THE null hypothesis and address that, then maybe I'll consider what you have to say about evolutionary biology.

Since you don't even know what THE null hypothesis is, I highly doubt you have even the simplest concept of what Dawkins was saying in "The Blind Watchmaker"

02-10-2015, 01:49 PM
(02-10-2015 01:45 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To bad none of Dawkins base evolutional "findings" insist the absence of a watch maker, only a limited selfish view. Evolution works as a whole pertaining to all creation. Again insisting there is no watch maker because you yourself cannot put together the pieces in a functional whole state is pretty big headed, egotistical, and wrong.

Wow, man. Do you actually comprehend anything science related? Go look up the definition of THE null hypothesis and address that, then maybe I'll consider what you have to say about evolutionary biology.

Since you don't even know what THE null hypothesis is, I highly doubt you have even the simplest concept of what Dawkins was saying in "The Blind Watchmaker"

Of fucking course not, he's arguing against the fucking synopsis or back cover that someone else probably paraphrased for him. As per usual, zero context or understanding. Weeping

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-10-2015, 01:52 PM
(02-10-2015 01:49 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 01:45 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Wow, man. Do you actually comprehend anything science related? Go look up the definition of THE null hypothesis and address that, then maybe I'll consider what you have to say about evolutionary biology.

Of fucking course not, he's arguing against the fucking synopsis or back cover that someone else probably paraphrased for him. As per usual, zero context or understanding. Weeping

I almost want to debate him on evolutionary biology so I can see how long it takes for something as stupid as "if we came from monkeys...." to come out of him.

I'd give it 2 posts at the most.