Why don't Christians read their bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: Why don't Christians read their bibles?
(02-10-2015 12:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Y'all act retarded. The biggest part of the scientific process it to eliminate possibilities to find the answer through process of elimination.

If there is no viable, unsubstantiated, yet educated hypothesis, then what would we test and henceforth eliminate?

Apart from demonstrating that you don't actually understand what science is, you aren't coming here with a hypothesis, you are continually making claims without substantiating them. The burden of proof is yours, not ours. Nobody else has any interest in wasting time on your wild, baseless speculations.

Quote:It is not my job to provide what y'all consider sole proof.

Yes, it actually is. You are making the claims, you have to back them up. That's the way it works.

Quote:I simply do not have the resources to test the things I know.

If you can't verify them then you don't KNOW them. You may believe them but that's just another sign of how irrational you are.

Quote:Still shouldn't limit scientific inquiry of feasible possibilities...

When you actually propose a feasible possibility you may get taken seriously. So far you have done nothing but spout Chopraesque woo using terms that you quite obviously do not understand. It's all been meaningless drivel.

You need help Pops.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
02-10-2015, 01:56 PM
(02-10-2015 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 01:31 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Haha, yeah, but I had to start listening to a Dawkins/Krauss discussion so that my brain didn't atrophy from the dumb.
To bad none of Dawkins base evolutional "findings" insist the absence of a watch maker, only a limited selfish view. Evolution works as a whole pertaining to all creation. Again insisting there is no watch maker because you yourself cannot put together the pieces in a functional whole state is pretty big headed, egotistical, and wrong.

And insisting that the watchmaker is interested in or needs you, Pops, is narcissistic.

Pretty sure that if the watchmaker gave a shit about you, it would have given you better-functioning equipment to use in your ministry.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
02-10-2015, 01:59 PM
(02-10-2015 01:45 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 01:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To bad none of Dawkins base evolutional "findings" insist the absence of a watch maker, only a limited selfish view. Evolution works as a whole pertaining to all creation. Again insisting there is no watch maker because you yourself cannot put together the pieces in a functional whole state is pretty big headed, egotistical, and wrong.

Wow, man. Do you actually comprehend anything science related? Go look up the definition of THE null hypothesis and address that, then maybe I'll consider what you have to say about evolutionary biology.

Since you don't even know what THE null hypothesis is, I highly doubt you have even the simplest concept of what Dawkins was saying in "The Blind Watchmaker"
Still see no problem. It concludes that things can be seen as substantial in the related scheme of things based on the probability of it functioning correctly in reality. Same thing I said earlier. It states that things are possibly true until proven false. So what's the problem. Prove me wrong. That's what it says.
02-10-2015, 02:01 PM
(02-10-2015 01:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 01:45 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Wow, man. Do you actually comprehend anything science related? Go look up the definition of THE null hypothesis and address that, then maybe I'll consider what you have to say about evolutionary biology.

Since you don't even know what THE null hypothesis is, I highly doubt you have even the simplest concept of what Dawkins was saying in "The Blind Watchmaker"
Still see no problem. It concludes that things can be seen as substantial in the related scheme of things based on the probability of it functioning correctly in reality. Same thing I said earlier. It states that things are possibly true until proven false. So what's the problem. Prove me wrong. That's what it says.

Facepalm

Well, you got that exactly wrong...

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
02-10-2015, 02:06 PM
(02-10-2015 01:59 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It states that things are possibly true until proven false. So what's the problem. Prove me wrong.

The problem is that it is irrational to believe something before it has been proven true or at least before there is verifiable evidence supporting the idea. Saying that something is "possibly true" is effectively meaningless. It is not enough to make it believable unless you are irrational but, since that's what you appear to be, I doubt that makes any sense to you.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
02-10-2015, 02:07 PM
So your saying that people are guilty until proven innocent...interesting
02-10-2015, 02:10 PM
(02-10-2015 02:07 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So your saying that people are guilty until proven innocent...interesting

What the....

How the fuck did you come to that conclusion? That's some quality mental gymnastics to be able to twist around so completely.

No, you stupid fuck, The Null Hypothesis would state that the person is innocent until it is proven that they have a link to the crime.

Jesus fuck, you're stupid.

Weeping

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 4 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
02-10-2015, 02:12 PM
Here, because you're too fucking stupid to figure it out yourself.

Google - The Null Hypothesis

02-10-2015, 02:19 PM
(02-10-2015 02:10 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(02-10-2015 02:07 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  So your saying that people are guilty until proven innocent...interesting

What the....

How the fuck did you come to that conclusion? That's some quality mental gymnastics to be able to twist around so completely.

No, you stupid fuck, The Null Hypothesis would state that the person is innocent until it is proven that they have a link to the crime.

Jesus fuck, you're stupid.

Weeping
No shit. The same can be said of a hypothesis. It is plausible until proven not true.
02-10-2015, 02:23 PM
(02-10-2015 02:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No shit. The same can be said of a hypothesis. It is plausible until proven not true.

That is precisely the opposite of what "null hypothesis" means.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post