Why don't Christians read their bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2015, 03:41 AM
RE: Why don't Christians read their bibles?
(04-10-2015 03:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 03:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You're a dumbshit. Dodgy

Feelings and emotions are real, and are an important part of our lives.

But emotions and feelings do not correlate to truth. Believing something is true doesn't make it true, even if it makes you feel really good when you think so.

Now go away, the adults are trying to have a conversation here. Drinking Beverage
I never said that feelings alone constituted truth. Why don't you try to convey messages without insulting people? You don't have to it's just a suggestion I'm going to sleep it's nearly 4 in the morning here.

I'll drop the insults whenever you drop the stupidity. Funny thing is, I can drop the vitriol at will, I wonder if you can do the same?

Goodnight dumbass.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-10-2015, 07:05 AM
I took a decent break from this place only to return only to see pops still pitching the same baseless woo in the form of incoherent word salad.

Pops: "I know what I know is true because science/logic proves it."

Anybody that's not a fucktard: "Prove those assertions."

Pops: "I can't."

Non fucktard: "Than you don't know it."

Pops: "Yes I do cause 'word salad woo'."

Non fucktard: "English mother fucker! Do you speak it!"

Rinse and repeat for however many months now.

I get you guys enjoy chew toys but how this asshole hasn't received a blow of the ban hammer is shocking to me?

Dude is the equivalent of an arm-less man standing on a pitcher's mound claiming he's throwing a no hitter.
[+] 4 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
04-10-2015, 08:15 AM
(04-10-2015 07:05 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I took a decent break from this place only to return only to see pops still pitching the same baseless woo in the form of incoherent word salad.

Pops: "I know what I know is true because science/logic proves it."

Anybody that's not a fucktard: "Prove those assertions."

Pops: "I can't."

Non fucktard: "Than you don't know it."

Pops: "Yes I do cause 'word salad woo'."

Non fucktard: "English mother fucker! Do you speak it!"

Rinse and repeat for however many months now.

I get you guys enjoy chew toys but how this asshole hasn't received a blow of the ban hammer is shocking to me?

Dude is the equivalent of an arm-less man standing on a pitcher's mound claiming he's throwing a no hitter.

Worse. He's the equivalent of an armless man standing on the pitcher's mound claiming he scored a touchdown.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 5 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
04-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Oh Christians read the Bible. They just haven't read the Bible...
05-10-2015, 03:55 PM
(04-10-2015 02:51 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To attest that feelings emotions and conscience aren't significant parts of reality then you are sorely mistaken.

It's a good thing that I didn't say that, then.

Your emotions, however, do not change a damn thing about reality.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
05-10-2015, 03:56 PM
(05-10-2015 03:55 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 02:51 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To attest that feelings emotions and conscience aren't significant parts of reality then you are sorely mistaken.

It's a good thing that I didn't say that, then.

Your emotions, however, do not change a damn thing about reality.
Good thing I didn't say that then
05-10-2015, 04:07 PM
(04-10-2015 03:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 03:31 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  You're a dumbshit. Dodgy

Feelings and emotions are real, and are an important part of our lives.

But emotions and feelings do not correlate to truth. Believing something is true doesn't make it true, even if it makes you feel really good when you think so.

Now go away, the adults are trying to have a conversation here. Drinking Beverage
I never said that feelings alone constituted truth. Why don't you try to convey messages without insulting people? You don't have to it's just a suggestion I'm going to sleep it's nearly 4 in the morning here.

Then what constitutes significant? You also never responded to the question of what do you mean the universe is at it's capacity, what is that?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
05-10-2015, 04:14 PM
(05-10-2015 04:07 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(04-10-2015 03:37 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I never said that feelings alone constituted truth. Why don't you try to convey messages without insulting people? You don't have to it's just a suggestion I'm going to sleep it's nearly 4 in the morning here.

Then what constitutes significant? You also never responded to the question of what do you mean the universe is at it's capacity, what is that?
Not sure what you mean. Emotion drives significant thought and visa versa. One can think and think and think some more and often still not conclude any real or useful thing. Emotion denotes what is significant for the individual. To lack all emotion is to lack care and leads to indifference.
05-10-2015, 04:38 PM
(05-10-2015 04:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 04:07 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Then what constitutes significant? You also never responded to the question of what do you mean the universe is at it's capacity, what is that?
Not sure what you mean. Emotion drives significant thought and visa versa. One can think and think and think some more and often still not conclude any real or useful thing. Emotion denotes what is significant for the individual. To lack all emotion is to lack care and leads to indifference.

And its still irrelevant to the universe...because the universe lacks emotion which makes it indifferent (your words).

The universe doesn't emote. It doesn't feel or care or cry or get mad. It is guided by physical laws. Until you can prove otherwise, stop talking about the universe like it's your sister on her period.
[+] 4 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
05-10-2015, 05:49 PM
"Because it's hard. It's really hard. It makes me wanna go poopy."

Lewis Black

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.