Why don't Christians read their bibles?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-10-2015, 07:55 PM
RE: Why don't Christians read their bibles?
(05-10-2015 07:29 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 07:18 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's a very true statement you made. I have been introspective my whole life. The things that I claim are known to me I do not simply think up out of the blue. A lot of the stuff I have to say is based on things I've known my whole life. I never had the boldness to say these things because they were just through personal experience and thought. I'm not going to go off on a tangent at this point in time. All I can say that these things were verified to me. You can claim that they are just ideas of mine. What you cannot do is say that they are assumptions of mine. An assumption is made without particular knowledge. Even though the knowledge is not strictly mind by my own experience it is knowledge nonetheless. I'm sure this all just makes me sound more nuts but I don't know how else to explain it at this time.

That is not what an assumption means. You frequently also like to do that with other various terminologies and views and interpret them to whatever whim you seem to feel like or think instead of investigating them. Assumption is accepting something as certain, without proof.

That's not how philosophically defined, actual knowledge works. Read up on the Problem of Induction or other various questions about what defines knowledge. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_induction

It's not "nuts" it's just lazy faulty logic that isn't actually formulating anything reasonable worthy to accept, because it is demonstrably through testing flawed. It's why personal revelation isn't taken in courtrooms anymore, if we still trusted your style of reasonable knowledge, the world wouldn't work on the basis it does. Legal systems, electronic systems, and much more would be unbalanced to the whims of what people thought they had knowledge on with conviction of it.
That's complete b******* statement.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Well you're not exactly dazzling us with evidence here pops.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
05-10-2015, 11:21 PM
(05-10-2015 07:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 07:29 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  That is not what an assumption means. You frequently also like to do that with other various terminologies and views and interpret them to whatever whim you seem to feel like or think instead of investigating them. Assumption is accepting something as certain, without proof.

That's not how philosophically defined, actual knowledge works. Read up on the Problem of Induction or other various questions about what defines knowledge. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_induction

It's not "nuts" it's just lazy faulty logic that isn't actually formulating anything reasonable worthy to accept, because it is demonstrably through testing flawed. It's why personal revelation isn't taken in courtrooms anymore, if we still trusted your style of reasonable knowledge, the world wouldn't work on the basis it does. Legal systems, electronic systems, and much more would be unbalanced to the whims of what people thought they had knowledge on with conviction of it.
That's complete b******* statement.

Holy butt fucking irony Batman!
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
06-10-2015, 12:18 AM
(05-10-2015 11:21 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(05-10-2015 07:55 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That's complete b******* statement.

Holy butt fucking irony Batman!

There's many statements in there.. I don't even know which one is supposedly B- Censored by his means.

I could pull up some info for him on how the courtroom statement is legit, how the "justified true belief" stance on knowledge is a legit concept far different from his statements of knowledge, the actual definitions working & official ones of Assumption... I suppose the only statement I can say isn't legit is that it isn't not Nutz to believe what he believes. That I suppose was a bullshit statement by me.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-10-2015, 07:01 AM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2015 09:18 AM by unfogged.)
(05-10-2015 07:18 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The things that I claim are known to me I do not simply think up out of the blue.

Then you have evidence for them? Good. Present it.

Quote:A lot of the stuff I have to say is based on things I've known my whole life.

How long you've believed (NOT known) something is irrelevant. The questions is what evidence for you have for your beliefs.

Quote:I never had the boldness to say these things because they were just through personal experience and thought.

Then they are opinions and beliefs and you should stop presenting them as knowledge. It is completely dishonest.

Quote:All I can say that these things were verified to me.

How? If the verification was through personal revelation then it is worthless to anybody else.

Quote:You can claim that they are just ideas of mine.

Close enough... I think 'ideas' is a bit grandiose for the utter bullshit that you spew, but whatever.

Quote:What you cannot do is say that they are assumptions of mine.

Want to bet? Virtually nothing you have said so far is anything but your own assumptions (although delusions is probably a more accurate term).

Quote:An assumption is made without particular knowledge.

What is "particular" knowledge?

Quote:Even though the knowledge is not strictly mind by my own experience it is knowledge nonetheless.

I have no clue what you are trying to say there.

Quote:I'm sure this all just makes me sound more nuts but I don't know how else to explain it at this time.

No, I doubt you could sound any more nuts than you already do. You need help Pops. Get some.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
06-10-2015, 07:47 AM
(30-09-2015 08:58 PM)Rkane819 Wrote:  even some apologetics stuff as well

this part worries me above all else
also only mathews ? why not timothy, levitacus etc I'm sure she's enjoy readign those mwahahahahahahaha Evil_monster